No announcement yet.

Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did look super-hot in that make-up chair! That make-up takes like 3-4 hours or something- at least he had something to read!

Sig by Camy

Comment

Here are the Q & A for Joe in the mag! Spoilers in case anyone doesn't want to be...well...spoilt!!

Spoiler:
      Will there be an episode where Sheppard plays on the guitar and McKay sings?

There would most likely be an episode where Sheppard sets himself on fire and sings 'Kumbaya' before he and McKay did something like this! I could however picture us as a bad Bob Hope/Bing Crosby duo, a la road show, attempting to sing and dance our way out of trouble! More importantly, David is really good at 'jazz hands'!

Are we ever going to find out anything about Sheppard's personal life, like his family or his past?

This is the most asked question that I get! Obviously, we are going to have to address this and it should make for some great episodes.

Why do you think people, especially the female audience, have an urge to nibble on your ears or comb your hair?

Despite the rumors, I am not a Keebler Elf. I am not a Keebler Elf....I am...not...a...Keebler......Elf!!!!

Where would you like to see your character go personally and professionally wise?

I would like to see him get sucked into the dark side!

Do you feel special now you've upgraded to lieutenant?

Enormously! First, lieutenant colonel. Next, THE WORLD!!

Is there anything personally you'd like to see your character do?

I would like to see Sheppard experience the obligatory evil twin brother episode. Seems like a rite of passage!

Comment

Elinor, you're my favourite person today. Thanks for the piccy and the Q&A! I love his answers. LOL.

Spoiler:
        I confess I'd love to see an evil twin even though it's been so overdone in sci-fi. Two Sheps for the price of 1. And since one of them is evil I suppose then we could get Shep in leather. I could handle that.

Poor Joe is never going to hear the end of the Keebler Elf thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          We did talk about it a while ago didn't we? I remember asking 'Where's 'VK when you need her?' back then, but she disappeared, never to respond!

I am an evil question snurcher! I like the sound of that..... (wonder if it involves whump?...)
          What's important is i'm here now

To answer your question...

IV sites (cannula's) are normally placed in the small veins in the back of the hand in routine situations. In emergencies, the like to use cannula's with a bigger gauge - i.e. wider, so they can get more fluid in faster. For this they normally go for the large vein in the crook of the elbow, known as the ACF position (ante cubital fossa).

(this bit in spoiler tags, just in case)
          Spoiler:
          in the case of 'Conversion', As far as i can see the cannula is sited on the inside of his upper arm. Two possibilities...1stly, everybody being different, it may be that that just happens to be the location of his most prominent, easily accessable vein,(unlikely...) Or 2ndly, what we actually *see* is just where they've taped the IV giving set tubing further up his arm - and it actually is sited in the ACF.

Considering that actually gaining IV access for real wasn't an issue (yes folks, this *is* fiction ) and therefore it makes no sense that they wouldn't have put it in the ACF position, i would imagine that what we see is just securing tape, and was probably done for some kind of producing/technical reason unknown to us mere mortals

In RL - i have never seen a cannula sited in that position for *any* reason...Mainly because there's a lot more fatty tissue up there and access would be very difficult if not impossible without doing a cut down (cutting throught the tissue to find the vien) which would be done down lower down if necassary.

Hope that helps peeps

[edit] i've just had a bloody good look at that part of conversion...
          Spoiler:
          I cannot for th life of me see *where* the cannula goes in...but it isn't the ACF...could be even higher...*shrugs*...i really don't know what they've done there...sorry folks
          Last edited by VonKnibble; 04 December 2005, 10:03 AM.
          FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
          There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Eeee! That Q&A was adorable, thanks for posting it

Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

Elinor, thanks for the piccy - thats really a great shot of the team

And the Q&A thing was great!...i always knew Shep had an evil overlord side

And Neaera's right...he is *never* going to live down the Keebler Elf thing
              There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                  Found another pic from the SciFi mag...I love this!

credit to mgosche
                  I loved this Photo!....Mind If I snag and post on the Weir Thread??
                  hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Thanks for the info on the IV, VK. I guess we can just add that one to the list of other medical mistakes they've made. They're lucky I'm so forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                      I loved this Photo!....Mind If I snag and post on the Weir Thread??
                      Don't mind at all! I snagged it myself and just credited the poster under the pic. I hope they don't mind...it's such a smashing photo isn't it?!!

Comment

Beanie, mission accomplished. Will post in AM. Fly-by thunk.
                        Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                          Thanks for the info on the IV, VK. I guess we can just add that one to the list of other medical mistakes they've made. They're lucky I'm so forgiving.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...s/PDVD_098.jpg
                          Oh, tell me about it. Just add it to the mystical moving wound

Though, compared to the likes of 38 minutes, this is nothing.
                          As much as i love the whump in that ep, the whole scene at the end....Grrrrr...

They take advice from the USAF, fcol - why not ask a Doctor or Nurse???

*goes off to rant incoherently to herself....*

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                            Found another pic from the SciFi mag...I love this!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...r1/shep209.jpg

credit to mgosche

Nice one Eli... but is it me or that is a collage? I can see some suspicious borderlines on Shep, Ronon and Beckett... sheesh they could have taken a pic of them all... or hire a better photoshopper

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                              You mean the one where JF's in the make-up chair?
                              Yep, saw that earlier, glad to see he's not too bored by all the make-up!
                              Reading, at least, is a very healthy addiction!
                              He looks seriously intimidating, and a little scary! Still incredibly hot though......
                              I just woke up (that's my excuse)... what's this make-up chair pic everyone's talking about? and where can I find that?

I need some coffeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
                                Nice one Eli... but is it me or that is a collage? I can see some suspicious borderlines on Shep, Ronon and Beckett... sheesh they could have taken a pic of them all... or hire a better photoshopper
                                Maybe you should volunteer Trish

........On second thoughts...they'd probably all end up looking like the cast of the Rocky Horror Show

Comment

Working...
                                X