• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheirrh View Post
    I like it
    Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
    Great work everyone, I am envious!
    Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute (not that they'll compare), am busy with study, and checking on the forum when I take a break
    Originally posted by masterling View Post
    All the new art looks great guys, and we could always use more Todd!!!
    Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
    - beautiful artwork!
    Originally posted by Ashimjara View Post
    Wraithlord - I think it's fantastic, Todd in triplicate!
    Thank you everybody.
    Originally posted by Degilwen View Post
    A friend made a Wraith Costume Look:

Spoiler:
    http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fertig1sa0.jpg

And here she is into a Photo Manipulation:

Spoiler:
    http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hihihifn8.jpg
    Awesome your friend did a great job oh and i like your sig Degilwen the green goes well with the images you used.
    Originally posted by Risem View Post
    Oh here's some arts I did just now. (A 40min sketch)
    Finally something male haha. I swear more Todd is coming up....

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
    Todd is so lovely eh? Well, here's my stab at drawing his beautiful visage. Hope you like it.

Spoiler:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...Keeper9052.jpg
    ]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/WraithCake/BeautifulKeeper9045.jpg
    even though this one is sort of fuzzy, I like it.
    http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...Keeper9048.jpg

There's something very personal about drawing someone's portrait. You have to pay attention to every detail of your subject's face.

WK
    Those are so cool Risem & Wraith Cake great job oh and to those you also made some artwork i love them great job to you as well.

Comment

@wraith cake- tht is SOOO nice! You captured him very well.
      sigpic

Comment

Click and vote for your Queens!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Hi everyone! I haven't got much time this week

Wonderful painting Wraith Cake

Icarium

Comment

Toomuchcaf somewhat off topic.
            Spoiler:
            Oh, and I have just learnt that if you wash a ripped pair of jeans, then place them back in the drawer to repair later, YOU WILL FORGET ABOUT THE HOLE.
            I just wore mine dropping the kids off to school then through the shopping centre! With my yellow pants showing through the hole in the butt! AHHHHH.

Is that what they call sunny side up? Sorry. Just remember you not the only one:-
            Male friend playing cricket was the wicket keeper, wearing his cricket whites, but forgot his white underpants.
            Sooooo he borrowed his partner white and blue flowery undies. Caused abit of a male type giggle when he bent over and everyone could see blue flowers through cricket white.

MCH
            sigpic
            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

I wish I have such a talent like you with the Bob and the Todd and your other pics/drawings. I hope it´s ok for you If I upload them into the Planet Wraith Gallery???

I can´t make a costume also... I want Bob´s Outfit
              Hey Degilwen, if you're talking about the Todd drawing dat ist mine: none other than Wraith Cake's. If you mean other Todd picture--oops! I am confused.

"Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Todd is so lovely eh? Well, here's my stab at drawing his beautiful visage. Hope you like it.

Spoiler:

even though this one is sort of fuzzy, I like it.

There's something very personal about drawing someone's portrait. You have to pay attention to every detail of your subject's face.

WK
                Absolutely beautiful!!! I love your style - much looser than mine, I wish I had such freeness in my work (I'm a bit stiff in my sketching - I know it, but can't seem to change it). And it's spot on! Looks just like him!

@ Rachelle Your Todd and the Bob pic is beautiful... You have so much talent

A friend made a Wraith Costume Look:

Spoiler:

And here she is into a Photo Manipulation:

Spoiler:

Wow - I would LOVE to have that costume!!! (I'm not built for it, though... ) That's just amazing...

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  Thunk.

Need I say more?

*Agrees*

*Double agrees*

But I can!
                  Awwwe thank you! Big kiss to you!

WK

Comment

This has to be the thread of beautiful siggys! Everyone has one! And it seems they all depict one of the wraiths!

dasNdanger, I really love your Steve one!

[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Oh, and I have just learnt that if you wash a ripped pair of jeans, then place them back in the drawer to repair later, YOU WILL FORGET ABOUT THE HOLE.
                      I just wore mine dropping the kids off to school then through the shopping centre! With my yellow pants showing through the hole in the butt! AHHHHH.

Is that what they call sunny side up? Sorry. Just remember you not the only one:-
                      Male friend playing cricket was the wicket keeper, wearing his cricket whites, but forgot his white underpants.
                      Sooooo he borrowed his partner white and blue flowery undies. Caused abit of a male type giggle when he bent over and everyone could see blue flowers through cricket white.

MCH
                      I wonder if the wraith do that? Wear flowered undies under their looooong jackets? Though unfortunately I think they only wear disco shirts, you know the lamé ones.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                        Absolutely beautiful!!! I love your style - much looser than mine, I wish I had such freeness in my work (I'm a bit stiff in my sketching - I know it, but can't seem to change it). And it's spot on! Looks just like him!
                        das
                        Thanks Das. That's really nice of you to say. (I'm greening you right after I write this). You are quite talented yourself: you have the proportions and shading that only the eye of an artist can have (really truly). I think you speak for most people when you say "stiff vs. loose", or "free" I think you said. The biggest issue I see with art students (and I say this is the general sense, anyone who is a lover and a doer of art is I believe a student of art) is their "stiffness". I think it stems from a strong work ethic: s/he wants their rendering to be just so that there is a fear of mistakes. This is when you see students drawing the outline of the figure first rather than starting with the centre. It is only in the arts where laziness and making many mistakes pays: the more mistakes you make the better your work looks. This is also where I think communities that are more arts focused are more tolerant. Schools that have a strong arts program, tend to have less bullying and a stronger sense of inclusion and community. Schools that are more sports focused tend to have more bullies, and higher scores in the maths and sciences. I think this is why this forum is a "group" and not a "clique", (we're very accepting of new comers) because there are many many artists of all kinds here. So Yea to Lazzzzy, Yea to Mistakes, and Yea to the happy peeps at WDC!!!

WK.

Comment

Thanks Das. That's really nice of you to say. (I'm greening you right after I write this). You are quite talented yourself: you have the proportions and shading that only the eye of an artist can have (really truly). I think you speak for most people when you say "stiff vs. loose", or "free" I think you said. The biggest issue I see with art students (and I say this is the general sense, anyone who is a lover and a doer of art is I believe a student of art) is their "stiffness". I think it stems from a strong work ethic: s/he wants their rendering to be just so that there is a fear of mistakes. This is when you see students drawing the outline of the figure first rather than starting with the centre. It is only in the arts where laziness and making many mistakes pays: the more mistakes you make the better your work looks. This is also where I think communities that are more arts focused are more tolerant. Schools that have a strong arts program, tend to have less bullying and a stronger sense of inclusion and community. Schools that are more sports focused tend to have more bullies, and higher scores in the maths and sciences. I think this is why this forum is a "group" and not a "clique", (we're very accepting of new comers) because there are many many artists of all kinds here. So Yea to Lazzzzy, Yea to Mistakes, and Yea to the happy peeps at WDC!!!

WK.

Ah, yes - totally agree, with everything!

But on the art - yes, I do think it's a fear of mistakes...or...for me, I'm very OCD...the picture-straightener sort. When I try to be 'looser' it looks sloppy to me, which irritates me, but at the same time I don't like it looking so stiff. Ugh. It's the inner conflict! I WANT to be free, but I'm all bottled up inside (except on JM's blog, where I tend to make a complete ass out of myself...go figger. )

Maybe I should just try drawing drunk, and see what happens then! LOL.

das
                          sigpic

Comment

I want to award green I click on the scales icon and nothing happens. What do i do?

MCH
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              Ah, yes - totally agree, with everything!

But on the art - yes, I do think it's a fear of mistakes...or...for me, I'm very OCD...the picture-straightener sort. When I try to be 'looser' it looks sloppy to me, which irritates me, but at the same time I don't like it looking so stiff. Ugh. It's the inner conflict! I WANT to be free, but I'm all bottled up inside (except on JM's blog, where I tend to make a complete ass out of myself...go figger. )

Maybe I should just try drawing drunk, and see what happens then! LOL.

das
                              Yesss! Exactly, that *is* an idea. I'm so glad you post what you do on his blog--it's hilarious. (I'll write you privately)

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post

Icarium
                                Gorgeous as always Icarium
                                Originally posted by MCH View Post
                                Spoiler:

MCH
                                Ouch! It is good to hear I'm not the only one

I wonder if the wraith do that? Wear flowered undies under their looooong jackets? Though unfortunately I think they only wear disco shirts, you know the lamé ones.
                                WK
                                No way, they go commando! As for the shirts, they would be very classy black button up neckless things, so no tie, tailored of course

As for people having a more creative flair helping them be more accepting, I totally agree. I may be good at maths and have a high sense of rules, but I am quite a daydreamer, and do creative things like free hand ribbon embroidery, and this I think helps me be more tolerant of others, as compared to other members of my family. My mother is also more tolerant than my father and brothers, but she is very creative (she makes quilts, and I don't think there is a single one she has ever followed a pattern to do, she always changes them).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X