Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
    Defender at the ready! And thank you for the welcome.

Yes, I do think we've been looking at green men for too long.

Those are extra nostrils? Actually, I did wonder what the heck they are. May be some kind of sensors for ultrasound or something? Like dolphins?

Now, that's another subject of discusion.
    I think they're for detecting body heat, kind of like snakes use the "pits" on the sides of their face to track prey by sensing heat. I also think that's how todd knew in common ground that the guards were close (besides just hearing them).

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      I think they're for detecting body heat, kind of like snakes use the "pits" on the sides of their face to track prey by sensing heat. I also think that's how todd knew in common ground that the guards were close (besides just hearing them).
      That makes a lot of sense to me. That's what I thought. I noticed that Mickey and his company of hybrids (at least in Kindred I) had those pits also.
      HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
        That makes a lot of sense to me. That's what I thought. I noticed that Mickey and his company of hybrids (at least in Kindred I) had those pits also.
        they do? I didn't notice that... I haven't paid much attention to the hybrids. maybe the hybrids have a heightened sense with them then?

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset
          I'm not so sure about that. in spoils of war, sheppard wanted to follow up on todd's tracking signal prompting rodney to say "I know he's helped us in the past, but we don't really feel like we owe him anything, do we?" rodney didn't have any interest to investigate it, even though his sister would be dead without todd. rodney owes todd his gratitude at the very least. plus, in kindred I, rodney had a "I think we're making a mistake" look on his face when he gave the tablet to todd. I think rodney is cautious/doubtful toward him, at best.
          Yeah, that's true. But what I mean is that Rodney - when he's alone with Todd, and other people, too - tends to open up. It's like - not what you expect from him, but he just loves to talk so much, that eventually he'll 'pry', or share...or do something else that's a bit more personal than you'd expect. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the next time he's alone with Todd (if there is a next time), he tries to 'connect' again. Not that he does it on purpose - I just think it's part of his nervous chatter.

Originally posted by Traveler64
          Thank you, Santhaia for the for the welcome. I am a very new fan of Stargate Atlantis. I rented the series from Netflix and got hooked. REALLY hooked.

I am sure I saw Instinct, but I don't recall it. When you watch the whole thing in one big swoop, memory slips. LOL. Also, until the appearance of individual wraiths like Steve and Todd, and the character development they did with them, the Wraith were not quite so defined for me. And yes, I see your point about using voice with each other.
          I'm new to the series, too. Hubby's watched from the beginning, and I kinda sorta watched a little over his shoulder, but didn't want to get involved with a tv show (I'm not one who likes to follow tv shows - I don't like the commitment...lol). Anyway - I first really took note of the show with Common Ground (I LOVE stories about tortured men in prison ) and Sateda (I LOVE 'Mad Max' type characters). That was early in season 3, but I think I saw both of those in repeats - not all that long ago. But didn't watch the rest of S3, or the beginning of S4 - until Todd started showing up again. He just hooked me, and now I can't get enough. And, through Todd, I've come to like the other characters, too. So, even if they kill him off, I probably would still watch...I think.

Originally posted by Traveler64
          Those are extra nostrils? Actually, I did wonder what the heck they are. May be some kind of sensors for ultrasound or something? Like dolphins?
          Very possible they are what naamiaiset says. They could also be a type of spiracle - vents that allow insects to 'breathe' - though these are usually along the body. I like the 'pit' idea better...

Either way, I find them sexy. LOL...that is, until I see a BOOGER in one! LOL! But I like the idea that they are sensory pits...makes a lot of sense.

das

EDIT: Forgot to say - "Instinct" is the episode about the young Wraith girl, raised by a human. She ends up taking Carson's retrovirus because she wants to be human, but it turns her into a bug instead - she attacks Sheppard, and in the next episode he starts turning into a bug. He was kinda hot in that episode...

Last edited by dasNdanger; 10 March 2008, 07:22 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Yeah, that's true. But what I mean is that Rodney - when he's alone with Todd, and other people, too - tends to open up. It's like - not what you expect from him, but he just loves to talk so much, that eventually he'll 'pry', or share...or do something else that's a bit more personal than you'd expect. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the next time he's alone with Todd (if there is a next time), he tries to 'connect' again. Not that he does it on purpose - I just think it's part of his nervous chatter.

das
            I'd like to see todd and rodney face off in a battle of wits. I'd put my money on todd.

Comment

I'd like to see todd and rodney face off in a battle of wits. I'd put my money on todd.
              Todd would definitely win. Then he'd look at Rodney with one of those superior, 'I wanna eat you' looks of his (*thinks of the look in CG, when he said Sheppard was stronger then any human he had ever fed upon* ), and flex his feeding hand...and Rodney would get all nervous and stutter and do his 'I'll work over here' thing again...and Todd would just smile to himself, and take hold of his hungry hand to settle it down (like he did after his 'Wraith humor' joke in The Seer).

And we - the Wraith Defenders - would all sit back with big satisfied grins on our faces.

das
              sigpic

Comment

Todd would definitely win. Then he'd look at Rodney with one of those superior, 'I wanna eat you' looks of his (*thinks of the look in CG, when he said Sheppard was stronger then any human he had ever fed upon* ), and flex his feeding hand...and Rodney would get all nervous and stutter and do his 'I'll work over here' thing again...and Todd would just smile to himself, and take hold of his hungry hand to settle it down (like he did after his 'Wraith humor' joke in The Seer).

And we - the Wraith Defenders - would all sit back with big satisfied grins on our faces.

das
                *pictures a disgruntled rodney sulking in the corner*

just an example of yet another scene I'd love to see happen.

Comment

I just noticed something... in miller's crossing in this scene, todd's star is on the wrong side of his face.

Spoiler:

Comment

they do? I didn't notice that... I haven't paid much attention to the hybrids. maybe the hybrids have a heightened sense with them then?
                    I noticed on Mickey and then on Kanan (the dude who's Teila's (gosh, the spelling of these things...) baby's father when he talks to her. I must admit that I did not look or pay attention to it in TLM. I just thought it curious.
                    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

I just noticed something... in miller's crossing in this scene, todd's star is on the wrong side of his face.

Spoiler:

HA!! Godd catch!! I just quick watched that scene, and sure enough - they flipped the film! LOL...must've been something that translated better showing a mirror image, or something. Or, it's just a mistake.

Either way, he's quite the looker there...nice pic. We'll just have to flip it back the right way, I suppose.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

HA!! Godd catch!! I just quick watched that scene, and sure enough - they flipped the film! LOL...must've been something that translated better showing a mirror image, or something. Or, it's just a mistake.

Either way, he's quite the looker there...nice pic. We'll just have to flip it back the right way, I suppose.

das
                        this is better, todd's star where it should be.
                        Spoiler:

I love the second picture.

Comment

Uh-oh...the truth's out about Todd...

Spoiler:

das
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

das
                            I picture todd being more of a chess guy.

Comment

I picture todd being more of a chess guy.
                              Aye. But no one - not even the most disciplined Wraith - can resist a hand or two of Solitaire. (I bet Todd cheats, too... )

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

das
                                Todd: B-5

Rodney: Ah, dammit, you sunk my Battle Ship!

Comment

Working...
                                X