• Show
Clear All

Bwahahahaha! Piccy! *g*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I'm wondering something...
      Spoiler:
      if wraith accept the therapy and transition to normal food, what will the warriors do? they can't eat through the masks and they can't live without them, correct? so... what would become of them?

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
        Spoiler:
        if wraith accept the therapy and transition to normal food, what will the warriors do? they can't eat through the masks and they can't live without them, correct? so... what would become of them?
        I think they can eat - we've seen them unmasked, they have teeth and all. I suspect that maybe they'll have to loose the masks, or something. Not sure if they can't live without them...I don't know though.

Heck...I don't know anything really. I just make this stuff up as I go along....

das
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, naami, you're *there* already?

Maybe they will change something about them?

Spoiler:
          Who really knows what Infection is all about, (maybe a poisoning of the Hive Mind, even) the therapy spread around the Warriors, anything is possible. But maybe that's what the conversation with Keller in Infection is about... And I don't think any Queen will be volunteering early on, either, so maybe it needs to be tested among 3 groups...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig the Wraith View Post
            i undrstand you wished a male perspecitive on the WRaith- And yes Liquid Sky I am the same Craig the Wraith on Andee's site- well spotted mate! if any of you wish to know what i look like I am on her blog for the photo competion when she asked peps to send in photos of themselves as wraith.
            And you are a friend of Todd on myspace, too.

I agree with your two points about wraith. While our modern society is very egotistic (the individual matters more than the group), wraith are willing to sacrifice their individual life for the well-being of their hive. Even when Todd
            Spoiler:
            breaks taboos of his kind in "The Queen" by killing the Primary and basically taking her place,
            I believe that he has the best interest of his alliance in mind.
            Spoiler:
            He doesn't want power for himself, he wants power because he knows he's the most capable wraith around.

As for wraith attractiveness... Of course! As someone who has acquaintances in the Gothic movement, I can only love long hair and long black coats. Also wraith are strong: Not this external aggressiveness that only hides inner weakness, but the interior strength of those who don't fear their own death. This self-assurance is an integral part of their appeal, and I bet impersonating a wraith transmits it to you too.

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
            So, all this is to say, by JM constantly saying "they're the bad guys and stop saying they're benevolent" would make audiences indifferent to killing them.
            Nothing much to add, you summarised my thoughts exactly in your post.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            Maybe they will change something about them?
            Spoiler:
            Who really knows what Infection is all about, (maybe a poisoning of the Hive Mind, even) the therapy spread around the Warriors, anything is possible. But maybe that's what the conversation with Keller in Infection is about... And I don't think any Queen will be volunteering early on, either, so maybe it needs to be tested among 3 groups...
            I thought "Infection" might be about
            Spoiler:
            something gone wrong with the retrovirus, and that these weird warriors without their masks might be treated ones. Todd and Keller would be discussing ways for the retrovirus not to do that to warriors.

Last but not least, happy birthday dolfynnchick!

Edit: Heeeey, my 1000th post! In the WDC as it should be.
            Last edited by Laura Dove; 26 September 2008, 08:20 AM. Reason: 1000th post!
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

I like Todd and Teyla as a queen is superb

Comment

I can't believe this Friday is already here! And it's only 5 1/2 hours to the airing of First Contact. I'm not drooling in anticipation like I was for The Queen, but I am getting a little excited...and nervous. I'm always nervous to find out what they're going to do to Todd.

mfw

Comment

Hello and a Warm Welcome Craig the Wraith

Hmm I have a question about the social live of the Wraith

Is the behavior to Kill a Queen the same as a bee??
                  I mean a young new bee Queen kill a old bee queen also. Is it by the Wraith the same??

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Wow, Naami! You've got a good point there! If I recall correctly, the masks aren't required for them to live, so much as the masks make life easier for everyone around them. I believe it was stated (and I am sorry to say NO I do not recall where) that the masks make it easier for them to be controlled. The masks calm their base impulses and provide a bio-mechanical interface which allows them to function at a higher level than without them. I suppose a warrior could function for short periods (say long enough for a meal?) without his mask providing nothing untoward happens to set him off. From what I've gleaned from the little about the masked warriors that's been said, I would liken a masked warrior to an autistic child. The education I've had about, and the personal experience I've had with, mildly to severely autistic children has been very instructive, by and large. They can be quite wonderful and loving to be around, until something sets them off. You learn to pick and choose your battles.
                    Spoiler:
                    I sent my nephew to bed more than once with his pajama bottoms on his head because that's where he wanted them. I figured, "He's wearing drawers, so who cares where the pajama bottoms are?"
                    The one masked warrior we saw emerge at the cloning facility didn't seem to have much of a mouth. Maybe warriors like him would have to be accommodated with something like gruel instead of solid foods?

Just a few guesses.
                    Wraithie
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm bored and trying to whittle away the time until First Contact starts, so I was checking out the Omnipedia section on here. Of course, looked up Todd and found a bit of info that confused me (spoilers for SOW follow):

Spoiler:
                      "...Endlessly cunning, Todd stole an undetermined amount of intelligence data during his time in Atlantis. Soon after he left, the team learned that he had stolen a Z.P.M. from the Replicators in order to power his secret cloning operation. Todd had planned to create an army of Wraith soldiers to conquer the other factions, but he was betrayed and his facility taken by a rival queen..."
                      Ok, first, I know it was 3 ZPMs. We saw them! So with that first mistake, I kinda doubt the veracity of what follows that. I never understood that cloning facility to be Todd's. I thought the Queen and commander that were there at the facility were the ones in situ, but maybe loosely allied with Todd. But then, when he came back with the three ZPMs, they turned against him. I always thought it was because he allied himself with Atlantis. The Queen was definitely ready enough to be rid of him and the commander appreciated his talents enough to attempt to stick his neck out for him. But my understanding was that they were there first and Todd was coming with the 3 ZPMs to negotiate with them.

Did anyone else understand it this way or did I totally miss something? (In the thirty-odd viewings of SOW that I've had...so far. )

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                        I'm bored and trying to whittle away the time until First Contact starts, so I was checking out the Omnipedia section on here. Of course, looked up Todd and found a bit of info that confused me (spoilers for SOW follow):

Spoiler:
                        "...Endlessly cunning, Todd stole an undetermined amount of intelligence data during his time in Atlantis. Soon after he left, the team learned that he had stolen a Z.P.M. from the Replicators in order to power his secret cloning operation. Todd had planned to create an army of Wraith soldiers to conquer the other factions, but he was betrayed and his facility taken by a rival queen..."
                        Ok, first, I know it was 3 ZPMs. We saw them! So with that first mistake, I kinda doubt the veracity of what follows that. I never understood that cloning facility to be Todd's. I thought the Queen and commander that were there at the facility were the ones in situ, but maybe loosely allied with Todd. But then, when he came back with the three ZPMs, they turned against him. I always thought it was because he allied himself with Atlantis. The Queen was definitely ready enough to be rid of him and the commander appreciated his talents enough to attempt to stick his neck out for him. But my understanding was that they were there first and Todd was coming with the 3 ZPMs to negotiate with them.

Did anyone else understand it this way or did I totally miss something? (In the thirty-odd viewings of SOW that I've had...so far. )

mfw
                        they never claimed the omnipedia was all correct

however suggestions for changes can be sent to: [email protected]

(source http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ight=omnipedia)

is that of any help to you?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                          they never claimed the omnipedia was all correct

however suggestions for changes can be sent to: [email protected]

(source http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ight=omnipedia)

is that of any help to you?
                          Thanks, Shanthaia! I think I will email. I just want to make sure I didn't totally miss something. I'm going to rewatch it again before I email.

mfw

Comment

Thanks, Shanthaia! I think I will email. I just want to make sure I didn't totally miss something. I'm going to rewatch it again before I email.

mfw
                            I think you are right
                            Spoiler:
                            - though not sure if the queen belonged there - if they needed a second patch, she must be inexperienced - thus my conclusion, she doees it the first time. But otherwise I think you are right. I just watched it abbout a dozen times )

sigpic

Comment

I just couldn't post this in the First Contact thread.

Todd totally just made me cry!!!!!!

mfw

Comment

I just couldn't post this in the First Contact thread.

Todd totally just made me cry!!!!!!

mfw

ME TOO!! *cries*

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X