Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
    FF young wraith hair color question:

When reading FF, authors seem to be split 50/50 on the hair color of young male wraiths. In some stories, they are born with white hair; in other stories, they are born with black hair that turns white when they start to need to feed.
    like a lipizzan(er) stallion? ooh, i like the thought of that!

Comment

When reading FF, authors seem to be split 50/50 on the hair color of young male wraiths. In some stories, they are born with white hair; in other stories, they are born with black hair that turns white when they start to need to feed.

Has there been any answers on this either way or is it all speculation?
      Pure speculation, as I don't recall any of the episodes showing young males, which is a pity. Like Mercy though, I rather like the idea of it changing, rather like a Lipizzaner foal.
      sigpic

Comment

Has there been any answers on this either way or is it all speculation?
        I hadn't thought on it... but not that it is brought to my attention I really LOVE the idea of it changing colour! Makes me wonder if any keep their black hair into adulthood *drifts off into dreamy Wraith related speculation...woah, Steve, not here!* Snaps back.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing all wraith male are born with white hair, but how about female wraith? The Keeper had red hair, several queens have had black hair and Ellia too had black hair. Did they dye their hair or what, and why aren't there any wraith boys with darker hair? Well Shawn's hair has that nice pink tone (adorable!!) but that's probably just lighting.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
            I'm guessing all wraith male are born with white hair, but how about female wraith? The Keeper had red hair, several queens have had black hair and Ellia too had black hair. Did they dye their hair or what, and why aren't there any wraith boys with darker hair? Well Shawn's hair has that nice pink tone (adorable!!) but that's probably just lighting.
            There was a Wraith Queen who had white hair.
            If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
              Oh yeah, I forgot her! The queen in episode The Hive.
              sigpic

Comment

Zaddik, with his natural life style, probably wouldn't have spent time to dye Ellia's hair; it is probably her natural color like when he found her. The queen have great hair, don't they? The queen in Allies has blackish-brownish hair with perfect highlights that really make me jealous and the queen in The Hive is my hair role model for when my hair turns all grey/white.

I also wondered about Shawn's hair and thought it was the lighting like the early morning sunrise filtering down through the trees in Tracker:
                http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=747&pos=356

I agree that it probably is all speculation, but I am still wondering if someone has some obscure reference from a magazine, interview, non-canon novel, etc.
                Last edited by WraithTech; 05 July 2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                  Oh yeah, I forgot her! The queen in episode The Hive.
                  She was Eddie's Queen - and I guess Eddie kept her very happy indeed cos she was the only one who wasn't a grumpy cow!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Zaddik, with his natural life style, probably wouldn't have spent time to dye Ellia's hair; it is probably her natural color like when he found her. The queen have great hair, don't they? The queen in Allies has brownish hair with perfect highlights that really make me jealous and the queen in The Hive is my hair role model for when my hair turns all grey/white.

I also wondered about Shawn's hair and thought it was the lighting like the early morning sunrise filtering down through the trees in Tracker:
                    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=747&pos=356

I agree that it probably is all speculation, but I am still wondering if someone has some obscure reference from a magazine, interview, non-canon novel, etc.
                    Ooooohh! Aurelian!!!! Doesn't he look lovely among all those trees ? *sigh*
                    sigpic

Comment

Why is everybody leaving?

Hugs to Trill and Addict
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                        She was Eddie's Queen - and I guess Eddie kept her very happy indeed cos she was the only one who wasn't a grumpy cow!
                        She is my favorite queen for her fashion style and also the way she governs her hive: lots of open worshipping is going on by the way that Eddie looks back at Neera.

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                        Ooooohh! Aurelian!!!! Doesn't he look lovely among all those trees ? *sigh*
                        Yes, the pic was chosen and posted as eye candy. It is a lovely setting.

Comment

Here is another Bullseye portrait, starting in ArtRage to get the rich colors and transferred into Gimp for breaking it into layers to get the fine-tuning.
                          Spoiler:

TP, I did double check my stills and did see his glorious, greenish, sharp, manicured nails. *Squee!*

Comment

Here is another Bullseye portrait, starting in ArtRage to get the rich colors and transferred into Gimp for breaking it into layers to get the fine-tuning.
                            Spoiler:

TP, I did double check my stills and did see his glorious, greenish, sharp, manicured nails. *Squee!*
                            Oh wow! That is absolutely gorgeous, Orb! Really well done! I just love it - the hive background is fabulous too!

Oooh, let's see a piccie of his nails then! Maybe Todd bites his nails, then, cos Steve and Shawn have manicured nails - I think Eric's were neat too
                            sigpic

Comment

Todd's talons are all broken. I don't think he can be bothered, like the way he can't be bothered with his hair. I reckon he just gets bored when his Worshippers are doing those tasks and gets up to do something else. Maybe...

Todd:
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                                Todd's talons are all broken. I don't think he can be bothered, like the way he can't be bothered with his hair. I reckon he just gets bored when his Worshippers are doing those tasks and gets up to do something else. Maybe...

Todd:
                                Yeah, even in the last few eps when I spotted the braids in his hair, they were only partial ones... like he started braiding then got fed up half-way thru and just left it half done! ANd that knot at the back of his head... I;d love to know the story behind that!

Ah, but then there's the bold-as-brass-look-at-me face tattoo and the earring, not to mention the spiffy coat... so I;m thinking he's vainer than he'd like people to think...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X