Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Risem View Post
    Been scribbling again and yet another wraith queen came out. *giggles*

Here's snippet, it's not done quite yet.
    At 100% so you can appreciate the detail I put into my work:
    Spoiler:

One thing I have to say Risem: BEE-YOU-TIF-FULL!!! I only wish I could digitally paint like that. Opps! that is 10 words

LS

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
    New wallie!

I was downloading screen caps, and I just had a hankering to do something with one of our special Wraith hotties. So very intimidating without saying much at all. I hope you like it. I actually had to add the top of his head, since there wasn't one in the screen cap, so I learned a new couple of things!

Spoiler:

Wraithie
    You know Wraithie you have a way with words And, this fits the Wraith. I always think of this Wraith as beautiful and silent. I think his now called Mantis. I know what you mean with screencaps because they film in widescreen you have to do lots of cloning with the pictures to get a full shot

LS

Comment

@LS

Actually, I don't know how to 'clone'. I'm not even sure what that means. I just painted and played with tools until it looked right.
      sigpic

Comment

I was downloading screen caps, and I just had a hankering to do something with one of our special Wraith hotties. So very intimidating without saying much at all. I hope you like it. I actually had to add the top of his head, since there wasn't one in the screen cap, so I learned a new couple of things!
        Nice and very well done! You wouldn't believe that the top of his head was added afterwards.
        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
          Nice and very well done! You wouldn't believe that the top of his head was added afterwards.
          Thank you, and I've already got an idea and a creepy new effect for the next one. It'll be a few days, though. Lot's goin' on.

Wraithie

Just can't seem to get Edward Sleazy hands out of my head!
          sigpic

Comment

@LS

Actually, I don't know how to 'clone'. I'm not even sure what that means. I just painted and played with tools until it looked right.
            Oh, each photo/paint program has name for different tools. I was referring to the clone stamp tool in PS your PSP has something similar to stamp tool . Anyway, they are fun to play with.. I made a non Stargate Wraith wallpaper. I made a Prince Nuada wallie from Hellboy II he looks a lot like the Wraith. I'll see if I can post it in the Wallpaper thread. I have seen non SGA/SG1 wallies there. NICS and Harry Potter wallie are on that thread too.

LS

Comment

Wow, and you call that a scribbling? Can't wait to see the final picture! I knew your deviantart gallery and it's breathtaking. You are really a gifted drawer.
              This is a bit after the scribble part. But the rest looks kinda scribbley still.

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post

*thud!* Falls on the floor in admiration Amazing! Can't wait to see it in full!
              Aw! It'll be coming soon I hope.

Originally posted by KalaSathinee View Post
              My mom and I liked Connor on Star Trek Enterprise, but he is sooo much better as Michael.

Anyway, here's hoping I'll actually remember to come on here every now and then.
              I love connor in both roles. He plays such different characters.

Also, I need to remember to come back once in a while too. >.<

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
              One thing I have to say Risem: BEE-YOU-TIF-FULL!!! I only wish I could digitally paint like that. Opps! that is 10 words

LS
              Thanks. *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                Been scribbling again and yet another wraith queen came out. *giggles*

Here's snippet, it's not done quite yet.
                At 100% so you can appreciate the detail I put into my work:
                Spoiler:

OMG! That is absolutely gorgeous!

Banner made by gypsy_morph AKA JenKM1216.

Comment

New wallie!

Spoiler:

Wraithie
                  Oh, that is so pretty! Gotta love Steve! I like the words that you put in there as well! Great job!

Edit: Well, cr**, it isn't Steve. Guess I need to pay more attention! LOL! Still gorgeous, though!
                  Last edited by Alauralen; 16 July 2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KalaSathinee View Post
                    Wow. Until last night it hadn't occurred to me how long it had been since I'd been on here. I've been so busy with my new novel that I haven't been on the computer.
                    I must say, Search And Rescue has given me a new appreciation of Michael. I still prefer Todd, but Michael was awesome! So creepy and intense. I definitely like him.
                    My mom and I liked Connor on Star Trek Enterprise, but he is sooo much better as Michael.

Anyway, here's hoping I'll actually remember to come on here every now and then.
                    I agree, Connor did do an awesome job with Michael! I love bad boys!

I love him as Trip as well. Not sure which role I actually prefer him in. I think he did a great job on both and they are such vastly different characters that it is hard for me to really decide which I like best.

Comment

Hi, read a post by Naamiaiset yesterday, but can't find it now - it was about whether there would be some kind of ceremony to mark the passage of wraith going from eating food, to taking life from humans.
                      I was thinking about it, and I think maybe they would, simply because they seem to be very formal in their interactions with each other. Very hierarchy based. The rite of passage is like a step into that heirarchy, ie 'you were a child, now it's time to take up your duties among us' sort of thing.
                      And ceremonies/rites of passage also act as reinforcers of loyalty to things, and I guess the Wraith would consider loyalty to their hive and queen of paramount importance. And even though they have a hive mindset, the young ones may not be as influenced by it, hence the need for reinforcement of that loyalty until they are fully developed.
                      It could be something simple, like handing over their first uniform or sparring with an older warrior to first blood.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice wallie Wraithie

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
                          Hi, read a post by Naamiaiset yesterday, but can't find it now - it was about whether there would be some kind of ceremony to mark the passage of wraith going from eating food, to taking life from humans.
                          Hmm, I'm not sure wraith are the kind of society to have passage rites, but if yes, hunting a runner seems rather appropriate, what do you think?
                          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                          sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure wraith are the kind of society to have passage rites, but if yes, hunting a runner seems rather appropriate, what do you think?
                            Yup, I think the runner hunting is some kind of ritual, and not just for fun. Though it might be just peculiar to some hives - so maybe some see it as necessary, or they have different views on it? Or maybe the fact that in Sateda

Spoiler:
                            the hive didn't have a queen (that we knew of)- so the "king" used such rites to enforce loyalty to him.
                            I just have these hairbrained notions that a queen in a hive is more able to ensure loyalty, simply because of her telepathic abilities - females are stronger, so are more able to keep her men in line mentally. A 'king' would use more strength of arms etc.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                              Nice wallie Wraithie

Icarium
                              Thank you LS, Laura Dove, Alauralen and Icarium! I've hit kind of a creative frenzy again. I sent a pic to Kar that I haven't posted and I've created two more siggies. I have another siggie that I had up for about 30 minutes, but took down in favor of the one I have now because it was said to be a bit too sad.

Spoiler:

I hope you like these offerings, as well.

I still have a creepy new wallie idea to flesh out, so to speak.

Wraithie

Hmm...Mantis is giving Edward a run for his money today.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted By Toomuchcaf
                                .......whether there would be some kind of ceremony to mark the passage of wraith going from eating food, to taking life from humans
                                .....because they seem to be very formal in their interactions with each other. Very hierarchy based.
                                The rite of passage is like a step into that heirarchy, ie 'you were a child, now it's time to take up your duties among us' sort of thing.
                                And ceremonies/rites of passage also act as reinforcers of loyalty to things, and I guess the Wraith would consider loyalty to their hive and queen of paramount importance. And even though they have a hive mindset, the young ones may not be as influenced by it, hence the need for reinforcement of that loyalty until they are fully developed.
                                It could be something simple, like handing over their first uniform or sparring with an older warrior to first blood
                                The Wraith I feel would have some formal ceremony when new Wraith come into a hive. I'm guessing that the young Wraith are left on a planet while they can eat food. Three reasons for that saves the hive having to provide care and food (despite having worshippers on board) another reason they get to understand humans and how they live, (Important to know this when culling) last reason mature wraith will not be tempted to eat the immature wraith if they spent all their childhood on the hive ship.

Once a young wraith has taken a human life they must join a hive. Does a hive return to a planet where they left their young or does the newly turned Wraith send out a message and the nearest hive responds to their call.

If any hive responds to a message from a young Wraith then it would be important that a Queen secures from the young Wraith their loyality to her and the hive. May she'd appoint a mentor to each new recruit to check they are a full Wraith- have no worry about feeding off humans- teach them their place in the hierarchy- what skills the newest recruits have has a bearing on the job they will do in the hive. The ceremony probadely would include a uniform and officially receivied into the hive mind being given a identity so the young Wraith canbe identified by the rest of the hive. Also they grow up on the hive I get the impression that Wraith society is not a caring society so the young probadely receive alot of knocks rough treatment along the way.

This is just my best guess on what I know about the Wraith and what happens to the young Wraith.

MCH

Comment

Working...
                                X