Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I join?

I would like to see the more human side of the wraith more. In most TV shows/movies, the bad guys are always seem to be completely evil. Well in reality no one ever thinks their evil, they always have a reason for doing what we would see as wrong. If we couldn't anything apart from beef and cows were intelligent and would we stop eating them? No.

I think if SGA makes the wraith more human it would give the show a unique edge other shows don't have. But to do this the show will need kick ass writing
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

i never figured you for a wraith supporter... of course you can join... we always welcome new members... don't forget to sign the petition
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
        Can I join?

I would like to see the more human side of the wraith more. In most TV shows/movies, the bad guys are always seem to be completely evil. Well in reality no one ever thinks their evil, they always have a reason for doing what we would see as wrong. If we couldn't anything apart from beef and cows were intelligent and would we stop eating them? No.

I think if SGA makes the wraith more human it would give the show a unique edge other shows don't have. But to do this the show will need kick ass writing
        Of course you're welcome here. Apologies if we go a little crazy on occasion. I think finals ate my brain power for a while there.

Comment

don't worry Isil'zha, JMB knows crazy he used to be Wacko! he and i have known each other for quite some time... he'll fit right in
          sigpic

Comment

-Signed the petition, hate to sound pessimistic but 38 signatures isn't exactly a lot is it?

Ever since I started watching Atlantis I felt that the "Wraith aren't evil just hungry" route should be taken with it. I really liked Common Ground and I want more episodes like that.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't offer myself as food for the wraith, though if a certain character who may not be in S4 were to do that it would make a very interesting storyline...

Lilith is right, I should be fine as long as we don't start fighting again

Comment

Can I join?

Welcome I will update our memberlist with your name.
              LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
              Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
              http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
              My fan fiction

Comment

-Signed the petition, hate to sound pessimistic but 38 signatures isn't exactly a lot is it?

Ever since I started watching Atlantis I felt that the "Wraith aren't evil just hungry" route should be taken with it. I really liked Common Ground and I want more episodes like that.

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't offer myself as food for the wraith, though if a certain character who may not be in S4 were to do that it would make a very interesting storyline...

Lilith is right, I should be fine as long as we don't start fighting again
                I generally just figure everyone's evil and some are just more open about it than others.

And the petition-I don't know. It is December, and there haven't been many Wraith episodes lately. Hopefully it'll pick up. (Or I'll have to start questioning my writing abilities again. )

Comment

your writing abilities are just fine isil'zha... if you're soo concerned about how many sigs we have, why don't you spread the word JMB? we're dong our best to rally supporters, but really, all we can do is advertise...
                  sigpic

Comment

I like your story susie

i started writing one a while ago, its not finished, but i'll show you what i've done so far.

Spoiler:
                    “First”
                    Chapter one

The darkness suffocated her mind, her memories elusive, all she had was the now. Her skin felt damp, submerged in water, she felt its pressure pushing against her whole body. She tried to move, her arms pulled against firm restraints. Unable to move or see, panic swelled within her. She struggled more, out of frustration her body squirmed and bucked within the tank.

Cold grey eyes observed this with curiosity. Hooded dark sockets swamped them.
                    “She’s awake again” he said to no one in particular, his smooth voice showing no emotion.
                    A nameless technician looked up and over at him, he was monitoring her, everything she did was watched and recorded.
                    “ she’s getting stronger, I think this one may survive”
                    Excitement filled the commanders grey eyes, sparkling with scientific curiosity.
                    “let me know of any other changes” his firm precise footsteps broke the clinical silence of the room, as he turned and left.

A tapping echoed in her mind, she followed it, through her thoughts and memories, allowing her to connect them, to let them lead her to the truth. Grey eyes she thought, the memory of them shivered through her, plucking the nerves through her back. Whispers of sensation crept through her. Those grey eyes looked down at her, ‘Hello’ they had said. Suddenly something in her had awoken, a darkness, it swelled in her centre, giving her strength, her uncertainty and fear was swamped with sudden confidence. Those grey eyes smiled at her, smug and foolish, she felt the sudden urge to reach out to him. To see the shock in those eyes as she spread her long fingers around his thin delicate neck. To see them bulge as she squeezed his life from him. “This is wrong” she had thought, “yes” replied the darkness, “this is what we want, what we need” it continued. It showed her those grey eyes again, though this time when she reached out, it was not for his neck. She pressed her hand against his chest. His ribs prominent under a thin aged layer of skin. She felt it recede further as his life left him and filled her. Though fearful of the darkness, she could not hide her enjoyment, his life pooled in her, like a narcotic it gave her strength. Her lips curled into a small smile.

The technician looked at her, his attention caught by her expression. A smile, “that was new” he thought. He was about to call the commander when something else caught his eye. A swirl of red within the water, her hands were clenched, pulling tightly against the restraints, so tight they were drawing blood. He couldn’t allow her to be harmed, she was far too valuable.

By the time the commander arrived they had already removed her from the tank. Her amber eyes glittering up at him. They almost glowed with her anger. He recoiled slightly at the look she gave him, though her eyes followed him, fixed on his own. Her darkness surged as she saw him. Her fingers ached to reach out to him. He feared her, “good”, the darkness thought, but part of her suddenly experienced doubt. Her instincts were fuelled by her fear, but part of her mind was against that, a small area of calm within her emotion. She focused on this point, her breathing steadying and her body relaxing. Her eyes remained fixed however. Burning anger replaced by calm indignation. She was so new, so young, she wanted to know, the question that she found whenever she searched her mind.
                    “What....what am I?” she asked, to the surprise of the people surrounding her.
                    “ She can talk” said one of them to another
                    “ that's unexpected, I wonder if she understands us” said another
                    “yes... answer me” her frustration rasping her voice and raising her volume. Grey eyes approached her again.
                    “ You, you are something,...very special.... the first really.....” He could see her frustration increase, “ please, bear with me” he continued, trying to ease her temper. “ We made you, here... “ he gestured around the lab. “ you are a wraith, human hybrid” her eyes showed no recognition, she didn’t understand what he meant. The darkness whispered to her, “he’s trying to confuse us, to trick us” its creamy voice sickly and seductive.
                    “why?”
                    Her response seemed to take them by surprise, grey eyes looked at the other men stood over her. To her surprise he leaned over her and loosened her restraints. She stiffened, she felt the darkness become excited. Grey eyes looked at her, they seemed to look right through her, uncomfortable under his piercing stare, she looked away.
                    “I will help you, but.... but you must trust me.” He nodded at her and she repeated the action.
                    Free at last, she stretched out her arms, the darkness urged her, she resisted. “no” she thought, at least “not yet”.
                    He took her, leading her by holding her forearm. He led her over to a wall length mirror. For the first time in her short existence, she beheld what she looked like. Her amber eyes, pools within her pale skin. She looked from her reflection to grey eyes. They weren't so different. Her smooth silken skin, bearing two small slits on her cheeks and a small, yet prominent nose, more human than wraith. Framing her face was a mass of burning red hair, its short cut giving her an elven look.
                    “Were different” she had all ready known this, but felt that by saying it out loud, it might mean something. It didn’t.
                    “Yes.... you see, I’m human, your half human, but....your also half wraith”
                    “Wraith?” she looked at her reflection thoughtfully
                    “Um, well, they are a race that feed of humans, they hunt us” his voice raised slightly, “ they keep us like animals, “ She noted the anger in his voice, “ they feed on us, Kill us.” he finished, his face slightly contorted with his bottled rage.
                    “You created me” she stated
                    “Yes”
                    “Why?”
                    “Well... we thought we could.... well that you could.. put a stop to it, that we could create something...a form of wraith... but one that didn’t require to feed on humans,” this caught her attention, she turned from her reflection and faced him.
                    “You were wrong” She reached into the darkness, felt the hunger re-emerge within her. She struck him so quick, his only expression was of surprise. His life faded under her touch. Despite the strength it offered her, something within her was still starving.

To be continued...

Comment

ohhh my god damn head.......i got wrecked again.....come to think of it i wonder if wraith even get hangovers????
                      sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

i've had a terrible cold all week, sinus headaches, awww

Comment

me too have a very bad cold christmass day felling better now anyway
                          liked the story so far jesserella
                          and welcome to the club Jedi Master Bra'tac

Comment

Poor guys, ill over christmas

Comment

i can't even remember the last time i got sick 0.o

so wratihies, besides the bad health, what's up?
                              sigpic

Comment

yea, it was terrible, i was going to make christmas dinner too, had to give my dad instructions on how to do it, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X