Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starry Waters
    I don't know about mfw but come evening that rain turned right back into snow. Errrrr. Well, it least it's fresh and looks clean.

Ah summer! Enjoy. Actually though I really like spring and fall. I'm not too wild about the extremes.

BTW --WK you asked, "why does a local actor lurk on a funny little forum like ours?" I would imagine it's as new to him as it is to us. It is his first season on the show isn't it? We might be the first real fans he's had. I'm quite glad he stops in. Once they get too famous we stop existing for them. Reminds me of the line in the old Fleetwood Mac song, Dreams. "Players only love you when they're playing."
    Meh! When did actors become the focus of a story and not just part of the creative process!? Becoming a "public figure" is as likely as winning the lottery. And to be honest, I think it is important to not feed the Hollywood "us and them" mentality. I really feel JM has this, which can grate on your nerves after a while.

I really do not like how culture worships the actor rather than the story--it is another avenue of exploitation both for the fans and for the actor. For instance, a good friend of ours was in a very well known film, by a fairly successful director. She worked with Kevin Bacon and Colin Firth bla bla bla. She had one of the starring roles, went to Cannes etcetera etcetera. I don't know her as well as my husband does. He has known her since high school and is best friends with her brother. Anyway, we were visiting their family a year ago (?) I think, and I spoke to her at length about her role in the film. Of course, being the opinionated person I am, I said I disagreed with the extent to which women have to sell their bodies in Hollywood in order to get meaningful work. She did quite a bit of nude parts for her role. Anyway, she thought what I said was interesting and I encouraged her to get work in theatre. I said you're less likely to get exploited, more likely to find consistent work, but also less likely to become well known--but who cares--you'd be working. We went on to discuss how even the theatre community is quite cliquie thus it is still difficult to find work.

She is fabulously nice and I really hope she finds steady work (much like I wish Tyler all the best about finding steady work), but to be honest with you she's only done a few speaking stints on BSG since then, and it's been three or four years since her huge film. I think she thought she had made it into the Hollywood circle, but no. 99.99999% of actors are local, find it impossibly difficult to find work in their chosen career and eventually become to old to be marketable. For my part, I really wish actors were signed on to studios as they were in the past, had steady pay cheques and the focus was on the story rather than the actor.

Besides, if Tyler was that shallow (only interested in the "gush" by mostly middle aged single women because it is a desperate pick me up when down), this would be a sad statement about who he is.
    Honestly, if someone becomes too important to talk to the plebs, well then this person is just "too important", if you catch my drift.

PS Although Canadians can ogle stars, for the most part we're too apathetic. Actually one of us should ask Tyler what he does when he is not doing SGA. He's probably in school, or has some sort of flexible job like supply teaching or is a waiter.

WK
    "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
      I've dreamt of going to space and seeing our little planet from orbit since I was a teenager... I don't know him, but you made me all dreamy. *sigh*

I think the reason why I feel comfortable drooling over wraith is because the actors wear so much make-up you really don't recognise them underneath. Even if the actor's talent is necessary to give the character life, it helps distinguish the two of them. I know how embarrassing it can be to have strangers gush over your physical appearance instead of complimenting your work, your efforts or your personality.

Because he's a wraith fan too, I suspect.
      Well, I agree with you. This is how I think about it--and wouldn't it be nice if he were a wraith fan? They are such lovely creatures.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post

PS Although Canadians can ogle stars, for the most part we're too apathetic. Actually one of us should ask Tyler what he does when he is not doing SGA. He's probably in school, or has some sort of flexible job like supply teaching or is a waiter.

WK
        You're too fast for me WK. I deleted this before you posted this but not before you had obviously picked it up with a quote button. I liked Laura's answer much better so I got rid of mine!

BTW--What is supply teaching?
        sigpic
        Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
          This was really good - do you have the link to her comic - I found it once but can't seem to find it again.
          She is such a good drawer.

Glad your happy that the snow is melting - its hot here, have air-con on to cool place down. Wonder how hot or cold it is on hives? mmmm!
          Here's the link to her page on Deviantart:
          http://draco-stellaris.deviantart.com/
          The comic is called Hive 53. You can find her stuff under "Recent Deviations" to the left.

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
          Boy, I'd love to see an enlarged version of that. I guess I'll have to buy it if I want it. Thanks for the update!!

Glad your snow is melting. Mine did too. It's all gone. Thunderstorms woke me up early this morning!!
          Snow has melted ALOT today. *does Snoopy happy dance* And it was balmy and rainy - reminded me of Seattle. I think people thought I was crazy walking in the rain today with a big stupid grin on my face.
          But of course, all good things come to an end, the temps have dropped and I was just skating on the sheet of ice on my bro's driveway. I literally had to grab the open car door and swing myself into the car. Good thing I used to roller skate...kinda felt like that. lol In for the night again. Too dangerous to drive anywhere else. Hope you're all warm and snug in your own hives.

mfw

Comment

You're too fast for me WK. I deleted this before you posted this but not before you had obviously picked it up with a quote button. I liked Laura's answer much better so I got rid of mine!

BTW--What is supply teaching?
            Supply teachers? You know, when you're sick and you call into the system so the board dispatches a teacher to teach your classes for the day. You have to leave your lesson plans on your desk etc. Your board might call it something else, but I thought there was only a "supply teacher" or a "substitute teacher" terms floating around.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
              Supply teachers? You know, when you're sick and you call into the system so the board dispatches a teacher to teach your classes for the day. You have to leave your lesson plans on your desk etc. Your board might call it something else, but I thought there was only a "supply teacher" or a "substitute teacher" terms floating around.

WK
              Okay. We call them subsitute teachers. I'm on the same page now.

MWF-- Once it got dark and the temps dropped it turned to ice and snow here again too. *sigh*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith
                Yep. And you have no idea how much I'm squirming to talk about them. In fact, I'm starting a rather disturbing fanfic sort of based on "Vegas". But I am going to watch both episodes when they air. Even if it is going off the air, I still want them to go out on top of their ratings.

mfw
                So, you've seen them?

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake
                  You're a lovely good hearted person Das, and we all love you here. You are sincerely loved here, really and truly.

WK
                  Thanks. My depression doesn't stem from a lack of external love - I have a very loving family, and friends. It's more the interal thing...self-loathing, despite how others feel about me. I've had a motivation problem today, which means that I didn't get my Saturday chores done (house cleaning), which means I can't do it tomorrow because of services and going out of town, which means I have to go to work on Monday with a dirty house, which means I'll be late to work Monday because I'll try to clean the house before I go to work, which means the boss (my dad) will scream at me, which means...

Hell. Where's the wine.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                    I've dreamt of going to space and seeing our little planet from orbit since I was a teenager... I don't know him, but you made me all dreamy. *sigh*

I think the reason why I feel comfortable drooling over wraith is because the actors wear so much make-up you really don't recognise them underneath. Even if the actor's talent is necessary to give the character life, it helps distinguish the two of them. I know how embarrassing it can be to have strangers gush over your physical appearance instead of complimenting your work, your efforts or your personality.

Because he's a wraith fan too, I suspect.
                    Thats what I figured - he likes the show and is a fan of the wraith - considering he wasn't in the show from the beginning!

I really like that answer, Laura!!
                    I agree.

Originally posted by Wraith Cake
                    Well you guys probably know this, but Vegas and Enemy at the Gate has been prematurely leaked by an insider. Probably someone disgruntled that the show was ending or something. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Has anyone seen the episodes?

WK
                    No haven't seen it but tempted to download it - not too sure whether I would have to download twice as the release maybe different from this one that has been released! I read somewhere that it wasn't complete or something or had missing scenes?
                    I came, I saw, I conquered!
                    sigpic
                    We are unique! Created unique!
                    Sevenofnine

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      Thanks. My depression doesn't stem from a lack of external love - I have a very loving family, and friends. It's more the interal thing...self-loathing, despite how others feel about me. I've had a motivation problem today, which means that I didn't get my Saturday chores done (house cleaning), which means I can't do it tomorrow because of services and going out of town, which means I have to go to work on Monday with a dirty house, which means I'll be late to work Monday because I'll try to clean the house before I go to work, which means the boss (my dad) will scream at me, which means...

Hell. Where's the wine.

das
                      ]]]]]]]Big Wraithie Hug for Das!!![[[[[[

Believe me, I know what you mean! These probably won't help, but I thought it might be a good time to post them:

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

Hope you feel better soon!

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post

Believe me, I know what you mean! These probably won't help, but I thought it might be a good time to post them:

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

mfw
                        love the pics - good ones
                        I came, I saw, I conquered!
                        sigpic
                        We are unique! Created unique!
                        Sevenofnine

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

Hell. Where's the wine.

das
                          I have a messy house right now myself!! Yuck, yuck. I love woodworking so I am busy about making some side tables for our bed in the bedroom. Our bedroom is such an eyesore, and I really wanted to tackle it today, but it is stressing me out and taking a lot longer than I hoped. So, I haven't really relaxed since I went on holidays I'm hoping to get it together tomorrow.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
                            Thats what I figured - he likes the show and is a fan of the wraith - considering he wasn't in the show from the beginning!

I agree.

No haven't seen it but tempted to download it - not too sure whether I would have to download twice as the release maybe different from this one that has been released! I read somewhere that it wasn't complete or something or had missing scenes?
                            No. Everything is in order.

WK

Comment

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

mfw
                              LOL! Thanks!

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

mfw

LMAO. I especially love the second one!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X