Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ;
    I have a thought about Michael...
    Do you think that - as a Wraith (with the purty hair and all - a.k.a James L) - he seems as...threatening...as hybrid-Michael seems?

Here's why I ask...

The long hair, the make-up, give the Wraith a more youthful look (even James looks younger, I feel, in the make-up than out of it). With youth, we often think 'inexperience' - and a certain amount of weakness compared to a seasoned, old warrior. Hybrid Michael - with the shorter hair and less makeup to conceal his real features - comes across as being older and, for some reason, just seems more serious about what he's doing. More threatening...more dangerous.

Maybe it's just because we never really got to see a normal Wraith succeed at much of anything that I feel this way. But, if Michael was still Wraith, doing what he's doing - would he seem as dangerous under all that purty make-up?

Reason I ask is because of my sig - human/hybrid Michael just seems so...deadly threatening. But over on the other side, Wraith Michael just looks...purty, big mouth, and all. He just doesn't look like a brilliant scientist - more like a goth metal rocker.

I don't get the same feeling with Todd because he's so world-weary, and that hints of age and maturity. But with Michael, it's just hard for me to grasp that - as a silken-haired Wraith - he was just as brilliant as he is now. It's ALL about appearance - and judging a book by its cover. Anyone else struggle with this? It REALLY would have helped to see Michael in a flashback to him as a Wraith, doing Wraithy scientific things - but right now I just see Wraith Michael as a purty young thing that went mad, and with that madness came the brilliance.
    das
    DAS, When Michael was a wraith, he seems more of Steve's generation, I think he was just part of the hive, doing hive business...., controlled by his Queen.We can only speculate wheather Micheal was a scientist,an engineer. Was he part of the war with the Ancients? Now Todd I feel was, he has as you say that " world-weary, and that hints of age and maturity".

After his betrayal twice by Atlantis - in Micheal and Misbgotten, again twice by the Wraith - in Allies and after he was picked up by a hive in Misbgotton he definately went over the edge. He now has all his knowledge of the wraith dna plus Carson's knowledge. As he became more driven for revenge, it wouldn't have worked so well if he'd remained as a long hair wraith who is "a purty young thing". Micheal story works better with his hybrid appearance, that look gives him a harder edge to his character.

I hope that the writers don't send him over the edge which could only lead to Atlantis killing him off, ***SHUDDER***cos that to me is the only way it could go.The SGA writers should remember Revenge is a dish best eaten cold, Michael story shows the depths of the stupid and "evil that men (and some wraith) can do" in the name of survival.

What would be really fun is if maybe just Michael and Shep had to cooperate for the survival of Atlantis the Wraith and the Hybrids (just got Shuttlepod One on) without the other neither would survive. Michael really gets the chance to tell Shep what they really did to him..... - don't forget he got Carson memories, so Michael will know about the docotor Hippocratic oath to do no harm.

Hope that all make sense going to finish watching Shuttlepod One then try and get some sleep.

MCH

Siggy apprcation time:-

Just seen your new siggy, cool that is one mean wraith Wraithworshipper. Where did that verse come from?
    Eric siggy, (can't remember who did that one sorry)
    Wraithlord:- Spoils of War with Todd
    Naamaiset :- love your Wraith Queen
    Icarium:- the Queen spoiler
    You are all very creative people.
    Last edited by MCH; 29 April 2008, 04:25 PM.
    sigpic
    Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      my first try at making wraith queen art...

Spoiler:
      Love the image!! It is perfect! Can I use it in my slide show of wraithy art from this forum?

I wonder what it would look like in a tone of burgundy or bright cherry red the "healthy" colour of blood?

wwii
      "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
        Love the image!! It is perfect! Can I use it in my slide show of wraithy art from this forum?

I wonder what it would look like in a tone of burgundy or bright cherry red the "healthy" colour of blood?

wwii
        if you want to. where is your slideshow?

I agree with the ideas about michael. I think it would've helped too if we were given some backstory on him to see what he was like as a wraith. he's a threat now, so he probably will be killed off, but in a way I don't want him to be. atlantis started all this, not him.
        Last edited by naamiaiset; 29 April 2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

my first try at making wraith queen art...

Spoiler:
          I love how you have placed the text--off to the side and down. It almost looks like a bar code, or wraith writing; now that would be an interesting message--Sheppard is just another number, digitised food for processing. Have you read the poem A Valentine by Poe? That would also be a neat poem to include in a siggy. There's also a song called "Rope of Weeds", this picture reminds me of by a group called Elysian Fields. Here's the lyrics:
          Spoiler:

Rope of weeds

Night cracked like a skull
          Made the moon convulse
          Wrapped its chilly tongue around my mast
          A fortnight it would be
          Since I'd been out at sea
          Ne'er another soul had crossed my path

I was hauling salt
          In my bleached and battered boat
          Trawling just to pass the restless night
          When I felt the queerest tug
          Against that fraying cord
          Reeling in a devastating sight
          In the brackish sound
          Somebody had drowned
          She wrapped her raven rings around my line

In a tangled open dress
          The most comely bloodless breasts
          A distant look was frozen in her eyes
          A fiend possessed my soul
          As I helped her to disrobe
          A rope of weeds was woven round her thighs

My ill and frenzied heart
          And the quiet lapping song
          Beaten by the splendor of her hips
          I had to lay her down
          Atop those briny beds
          And press my mouth against her silent lips

The frigid moon was green
          Upon my wicked scene
          My wasted angel shimmering in sand
          I had to be with her
          And leave the world behind
          I knew that no one else could understand
          And I slipped her silver palm inside my hand

Married to the bower
          I threw our bodies overboard
          Our hearts were bound by heavy rusted chain
          Now I roam the ocean floor
          With the lady I adore
          This is where we remain
          This is where we remain
          This is where we remain
          This is where we remain

wwii

Comment

if you want to. where is your slideshow?
            I'm in the process of making it. It will take me some time because I'm eyeball deep in work, but I do want to put together a collection of our creative work on the forum.

wwii

Love it in burgundy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper View Post
              I love how you have placed the text--off to the side and down. It almost looks like a bar code, or wraith writing; now that would be an interesting message--Sheppard is just another number, digitised food for processing. Have you read the poem A Valentine by Poe? That would also be a neat poem to include in a siggy. There's also a song called "Rope of Weeds", this picture reminds me of by a group called Elysian Fields. Here's the lyrics:
              Spoiler:

Rope of weeds

Night cracked like a skull
              Made the moon convulse
              Wrapped its chilly tongue around my mast
              A fortnight it would be
              Since I'd been out at sea

I was hauling salt
              In my bleached and battered boat
              Trawling just to pass the restless night
              When I felt the queerest tug
              Against that fraying cord
              Reeling in a devastating sight
              In the brackish sound
              Somebody had drowned

In a tangled open dress
              The most comely bloodless breasts
              A distant look was frozen in her eyes
              A fiend possessed my soul
              As I helped her to disrobe

My ill and frenzied heart
              And the quiet lapping song
              Beaten by the splendor of her hips
              I had to lay her down
              Atop those briny beds
              And press my mouth against her silent lips

The frigid moon was green
              Upon my wicked scene
              My wasted angel shimmering in sand
              I had to be with her
              And leave the world behind
              I knew that no one else could understand
              And I slipped her silver palm inside my hand

Married to the bower
              I threw our bodies overboard
              Our hearts were bound by heavy rusted chain
              Now I roam the ocean floor
              With the lady I adore
              This is where we remain
              This is where we remain
              This is where we remain
              This is where we remain

wwii
              I like those lyrics. I didn't think about using the ancient/wraith writing, I'm going to try it.
              Last edited by naamiaiset; 29 April 2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                Siggy apprcation time:-

Just seen your new siggy, cool that is one mean wraith Wraithworshipper. Where did that verse come from?
                Eric siggy, (can't remember who did that one sorry)
                Wraithlord:- Spoils of War with Todd
                Naamaiset :- love your Wraith Queen
                Icarium:- the Queen spoiler
                You are all very creative people.
                Unless otherwise specified, all verses are mine. I've been wanting to do a siggie involving eyes. This wasn't anything like I'd envisioned, but once the verse hit, it had to be Rhys. I like the Rope of Weeds lyrics. That may lend itself to another Rhys siggie. Or not, I just read them again. Hmm, shame to let those go to waste! Nightmare Bob, maybe?
                Wraithie

PS: New Wallie!
                Spoiler:
                Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 29 April 2008, 08:16 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

nothing more to add das; everything, whoich is my oppinoin has been said

great siggy wraithworshipper! - very unsettling

sigpic

Comment

im in, a wraiths gotta eat itherwise they die and hunger can make you do some pritty wrong things, so yer.
                    im going to eat u mmm, i dont see that happening

die smilies

i hate bullies

the fate of the world is hanging in the balance and your've been sitting in your truck finishing this?
                    i believe it was double or nothing.
                    ok, 3 letters, 23 across, the atomic weight of boron, the answer is 10.
                    yes.
                    you wrote the word fat.
                    your point?

proud supporter/player of stargatewars- ask me if you want my help joining.
                    http://www.stargatewars.com/recruit....d=vq1188723458

Comment

Originally posted by JenKM1216 View Post
                      From what I gather, Rhys is not a nice Wraith. At all. But he's still completely hot. And the pics on JM's blog are just yummy! If this is indeed Dan Payne, he was in character even not in filming. Just the way he is standing. Of course, being laced into his costume probably doesn't allow for slouching... LOL
                      No, not nice at all. But none really are except Todd.
                      I really can't wait to see him.

Originally posted by omyfid View Post
                      im in, a wraiths gotta eat itherwise they die and hunger can make you do some pritty wrong things, so yer.
                      im going to eat u mmm, i dont see that happening
                      Welcome!

Comment

Forgive me if I missed acknowledging anyone...it's 3:30 am and I SHOULD be in bed...but...

@ omyfid - Welcome! The more Wraith fans, the merrier!

@ Wraithie - You are having SO much fun with your new toy, arencha???! Good stuff! I love your verses...just so fitting...and sometimes kinda sad...(in a good way, though...not a depressing way...) And I love the 'hidden eyes' verse! Wonderful!

Okay - this is why I'm up so late. I decided to try my hand at my very first Wraith sketch (free hand). It's okay - it has some problems, but I can live with it right now. I used Steve as a guide, and a good ol' #2 Ticonderoga pencil! LOL...smudgy, but it has a good eraser! (I shrunk this down so it wasn't so huge)

Spoiler:

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          Okay - this is why I'm up so late. I decided to try my hand at my very first Wraith sketch (free hand). It's okay - it has some problems, but I can live with it right now. I used Steve as a guide, and a good ol' #2 Ticonderoga pencil! LOL...smudgy, but it has a good eraser!

Spoiler:

das
                          Pah! You CAN draw! He looks really beautiful. Well done!

(Also, I really can't see any major problems It's grand. )

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                            new siggie alt
                            Spoiler:

Wraithie
                            Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post

PS: New Wallie!
                            Spoiler:
                            Nice ones I really love the lyrics
                            Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                            Okay - this is why I'm up so late.
                            Spoiler:

das

das, you really surprised me! It's absolutely WONDERFUL Steve would be proud

Is Shantaia somewhere nearby? I have something she might like

Icarium

Comment

Lots of new siggys and wallpapers too. New poems some dark and sad. das that's a beautiful rendition of Steve. Wish I could draw maybe I will take some lessons I have alway been interested in art. We have a bunch of talented people here. Want to welcome green and omyfid to the hive. Just like das I to should be in bed but, me I'm a night owl good thing I don't work tomorrow which is today. And it's raining outside which is nice because it may things smell nice and fresh. So, everyone have fun creating poems, wallys, sigs, drawings and stories.

Take Care:
                              LS

Comment

thx das, so far (scince ive just joined) everyone has been really nice welcoming.

the wraith would have to be my equal first fav race, along with the asgard, my bro's fav is the ancients.

die smilies

i hate bullies

the fate of the world is hanging in the balance and your've been sitting in your truck finishing this?
                                i believe it was double or nothing.
                                ok, 3 letters, 23 across, the atomic weight of boron, the answer is 10.
                                yes.
                                you wrote the word fat.
                                your point?

proud supporter/player of stargatewars- ask me if you want my help joining.
                                http://www.stargatewars.com/recruit....d=vq1188723458

Comment

Working...
                                X