Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
    It's a shame none of us are inspired anymore.
    I am inspired, but I lack the skill drawing the green guys and ladies, I put one recent I did of Michael and one of my recent Wraithy oc up to my dA but they look nothing as pretty as the rest of the artwork others post

Comment

I found that if I lack wraithy inspiration, doing a rewatch of my fav episodes fuels my muse again. Or re-reading Legacy (what I'm currently doing – oh boy, these wraithy scenes, that's still amazing!)

Btw, has anyone read Homeworlds? I'm not through yet but the two stories The Mysteries of Emege and Worshipper are beautiful.

@Az'ryel: No one lacks skill, it's just a lot of practise required (that reads as "being obsessed until your fingers go numb from drawing"). Just keep at it and find good tutorials/idols and you'll improve in short time.

Comment

Haven't watched SGA for an age... though I always do if it crops up on the telly. Can't stop me - it's a bit like Star Trek, both comforting and addictive at the same time.

Can't say I've read Homeworlds, but I see Amy and Mel did a couple of stories and I think Legacy needs rereading, probably. So, maybe I'll venture out and buy another book.
        sigpic

Comment

It's worth it, IMO. Agree about the comfortinag and addictive part. Can't help myself as well, also on behalf of Start Trek. Even though it's off topic here but I admit to do rewatches of DS9, TNG and Enterprise regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
            Can't help myself as well, also on behalf of Star Trek. Even though it's off topic here but I admit to do rewatches of DS9, TNG and Enterprise regularly.
            Sister, I SOOOOOO hear you. ST is my go to all time comfort TV ever.

Todd: It's Spock, isn't it?

Well... *shuffles*
            sigpic

Comment

Spock is nice indeed but, he is no nice minty green skinned space-vampire elf like Wraiths are, so another kind of cool

I however meant to begin my wraithy drawing practice...but well, playing dark Souls 3 to finish it before Dark souls 1 is out for PS4 in March got kind of in the way, I feel ashamed

Though, those two are my latest and I admit pretty bad looking tries to draw Wraith, or half-wraith

Michael, guardian angel

Gabriel the Wraith (one of my oc Wraith because I didn't know that name was already given to one)

Comment

Vulcans are quite hot in their own way. I admit, I do like them a lot.

@Az'ryel: Those wraithies are looking good! Keep it up. I like the idea of a crossover Michael with angel wings.
                Gabriel, the name also has an angelic ring to it. Is it on intention?

Comment

Vulcans are quite hot in their own way. I admit, I do like them a lot.

@Az'ryel: Those wraithies are looking good! Keep it up. I like the idea of a crossover Michael with angel wings.
                  Gabriel, the name also has an angelic ring to it. Is it on intention?
                  Thank you

Well he has got the name because of that wing tattoo around his eye and because his queen things he looks like an angel, she heard about them from some humans and she likes the idea of that

Comment

Ah, thanks for the information. I didn't get at first sight that the tattoo is wing-shaped.
                    Though Wraith and angels generally don't have much in common, it's an interesting contrast to play with, isn't it?

Comment

Ah, thanks for the information. I didn't get at first sight that the tattoo is wing-shaped.
                      Though Wraith and angels generally don't have much in common, it's an interesting contrast to play with, isn't it?
                      That I guess is depending on which kind of angels you might have in mind, there are also dark angels like the angel of death and war and such things, not that all Wraith would fit into that, most of them don't

But Gabriel's Queen heard that angels are having a kind heart and are beautiful and help people in need, and that is basically what my Gabriel does so she finds it fitting, even if he has no real wings but only that tattoo

Comment

Found time to draw another Wraith guy

Razyel the Wraith

*drops link and goes into hiding feeling ashamed*

Comment

So... I was browsing for some SGA gifs (as you do) and came across these pics I have never seen before. Love, love, love them.

Looking good.jpg Spike and co.jpg Stargate-atlantis-rock-roll.jpg
                          sigpic

Comment

Cool ones but apart from the first one OI have seen the others Found them when I was looking for pics of "Vegas". But they are great

Comment

@Az'ryel: Good job an the artist Wraith.

Great finds, Iz! I knew the one of Gordon but the other two are completely new to me. Now I'm wondering why Vincent looks so grumpy, maybe he'd wanted to play the guitar and is jealous of Ian. XD

Comment

Thanks, Draco He is however as displeased with his skills as I am with mine

Now I want to draw a Wraith rock-star, but I won't, for obivous reasons

Comment

Working...
                                X