No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya, fellow defenders! Have you seen this news about SGA getting a sixth season as a comic? There's a sample comic page with Todd on preview: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1489516
    It's looking good, IMHO. If this is becoming real, I hope the authors treat the Wraith respectfully. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Cooool! More, more, more!

Comment

*sigh*

...anyone still here? Fighting for the rights of our so missunderstood green ones?

Comment

We're here. A small, but resilient, band of Defenders.
          sigpic

Comment

*raises hand*
            Still around... sort of... mostly... Have some wraithy thoughts:

Comment

Kinda. Wraithy thoughts still endure.
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

This thread needs more Wraith. Throwing in a tiny bit of wraithy behind-the-scenes info. Maybe it was shared somewhere before but seeing as this thread is in hibernation I risk posting it.

Was on FedCon this weekend and had the unique opportunity to chat with Connor Trinneer during the autograph session. There was nobody else behind me in the queue at the time and he was really nice, very polite and professional, too. He asked me about my make-up (I was dressed up as Wraith) and he told me that the contact lenses that he wore as Michael were scleral lenses, covering most of the eye.

This is a very valuable information for cosplayers, I think, because the regular lenses which only cover the iris tend to rotate occasionally which gives you a really weird appearance. (At least my lenses do rotate and I truly hate that.)

Fangirl moment in spoilers because, frankly, being a fangirl is embarassing but sorry, I can't help it.
                Spoiler:
                OMG! SQUEEEEEEE! IGOTTOTALKTOCONNORTRINNEEROMG! Even though Michael is not my favourite character, OMG, meeting Connor in real life was AMAZING! I loved his performance on the show and I also loved seeing him as Trip on Enterprise. WEEEEE! I still feel like I need to faint from awesome overload when remembering this!

Edit: As a non-related afterthought, I just noticed that this thread will become 10 years old this year – and it still has activity. Well done, Wraith Defenders!
                Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 17 May 2016, 11:43 AM. Reason: Party time!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                  This thread needs more Wraith. Throwing in a tiny bit of wraithy behind-the-scenes info. Maybe it was shared somewhere before but seeing as this thread is in hibernation I risk posting it.

Was on FedCon this weekend and had the unique opportunity to chat with Connor Trinneer during the autograph session. There was nobody else behind me in the queue at the time and he was really nice, very polite and professional, too. He asked me about my make-up (I was dressed up as Wraith) and he told me that the contact lenses that he wore as Michael were scleral lenses, covering most of the eye.

This is a very valuable information for cosplayers, I think, because the regular lenses which only cover the iris tend to rotate occasionally which gives you a really weird appearance. (At least my lenses do rotate and I truly hate that.)

Fangirl moment in spoilers because, frankly, being a fangirl is embarassing but sorry, I can't help it.
                  Spoiler:
                  OMG! SQUEEEEEEE! IGOTTOTALKTOCONNORTRINNEEROMG! Even though Michael is not my favourite character, OMG, meeting Connor in real life was AMAZING! I loved his performance on the show and I also loved seeing him as Trip on Enterprise. WEEEEE! I still feel like I need to faint from awesome overload when remembering this!

Edit: As a non-related afterthought, I just noticed that this thread will become 10 years old this year – and it still has activity. Well done, Wraith Defenders!
                  Don't be ashamed: i would engage full on fangirl mode with a lot less. Michael is my favourite Wraith ( well, there's Todd too) so I would be histeric.

I am making wraithy lousy art and if you don't mind, i'll post it later.
                  sigpic

Comment

Apologies for the self plugging and the double post:

Wraithy art! (click the thumbnail)
                    sigpic

Comment

Yay for fangirls! *highfives* And also, wraithy art is always welcome. It looks very good, Mina has this wonderful air of supreme Wraithqueenness about her. Do you plan on using it as a signature?

Comment

Thank you. Am I planning to use it...well, yes. But somehow I never seem to be able to do them justice in their all supreme wraithiness.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                          Apologies for the self plugging and the double post:

Wraithy art! (click the thumbnail)
                          That is nice, I hope you'll use it soon...oh and do not tell me again you are not talented in arts please

Comment

Greetings to all Wraith Worshippers.
                            sigpic

Comment

*still here but struggeling with reality*

... man, life sucks sometime... I need a vacation. Question: which hive should I choose? I need some silence, a pool, a bar and some educated guys to not die of boredom after the first few sentences...

Comment

I miss SGA... I miss Todd, and Wraith.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X