No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time was, I just about lived in here and lived to get here.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm here. Sort of. I'm just a little bit forum shy and haven't got much to say.
      Some centuries, it just doesn't pay to get out of hibernation...

Fanfiction * Into the Hive - A Wraith-centric ficlet collection * Hive Ebonstar - A collection of Wraith headcanons and character references

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
        Every now and again, someone pops in. But not often.
        Sad isn't it - I used to really enjoy coming here but just drop by the forum every few weeks or so now. I guess things move on and people get busy. Still remember some of the fun to be had here and over on the Todd thread

Comment

Oh yeah... this was once such a fun place to come. thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-087.gif.jpg

Like you, WW, I used to be excited to get here to read what had happened through the day.
          sigpic

Comment

I think Stargate fandom as a whole has slowed down a bit, and of course, our little corner has slowed down even more, sadly.

I've been in a bit of a creative slump recently, though, so I haven't really got much Wraithy stuff to share with you all.
            Some centuries, it just doesn't pay to get out of hibernation...

Fanfiction * Into the Hive - A Wraith-centric ficlet collection * Hive Ebonstar - A collection of Wraith headcanons and character references

Comment

While not my favorite single thing about Stargate Atlantis, I love the Wraith. I wish we had gotten more stories about their culture.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                While not my favorite single thing about Stargate Atlantis, I love the Wraith. I wish we had gotten more stories about their culture.
                The culture was developed pretty well in The Legacy series, which I recommend you read, if you haven't already done so? It is a genuine sixth season, endorsed by TPTB. It answers one or two things we all wanted to know.
                sigpic

Comment

*Waves hello*
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello.

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                    The culture was developed pretty well in The Legacy series, which I recommend you read, if you haven't already done so? It is a genuine sixth season, endorsed by TPTB. It answers one or two things we all wanted to know.
                    I've read the first book, but not any of the others. I keep hearing that they do end well. It's just for me the first book was a bit slow. I'm guessing that the pace picks up as the books move on, though? I wasn't sure about the wraith having names. I understand why she/they needed to do this for the purpose of writing, but I always figured they identified themselves in a different way since they are telepaths to an extent. Over all I didn't mind it, though. Queen Death seemed interesting. I may have to get that second book...

sigpic

Comment

*waves back at c*

@ LB: Yep, it was tough getting the name thing into place, but it does make sense at it is description of their minds rather than an actual name. So adjectives, really. An example Jo used is Bonewhite (Kenny) - his sense of humour is dry as bone, and he's a bit of a stickler. It works.

I hope you stick with the books as the story gets very interesting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, I didn't know that. That makes a lot of sense then, thanks. You've convinced me to pick up book two and try again, but I can't say when I'll have the time to read it. I'm one of those people that has a book list. There are always several to get around to, but I do love Atlantis.

sigpic

Comment

wow *rubs eyes* honest to god wraith defender club activity yes Legacy books are really good :3

Comment

*waves hello*

Nice to see some activity in here once more. Totally agree about the Legacy books: a very good continuation of the series and the Wraith are given so much background and are treated with respect.

Though the Wraith have taken a step back in my life, too, I'm still coughing up wraithy stuff every now and then. For everyone interested, you'll find them at the usual places.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                              *waves hello*

Nice to see some activity in here once more. Totally agree about the Legacy books: a very good continuation of the series and the Wraith are given so much background and are treated with respect.

Though the Wraith have taken a step back in my life, too, I'm still coughing up wraithy stuff every now and then. For everyone interested, you'll find them at the usual places.
                              understand completely...Loki took up my attention lately...but its nice to pop in every now and then

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                                understand completely...Loki took up my attention lately...but its nice to pop in every now and then
                                Can't imagine why you would find Loki attractive, not when there are all these tall green guys radiating badness about?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X