Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
    Awwwww! Cute one!

@NMP: ... kinda... nice? (Sorry, bin kein Lyrik-Freund *hust*)
    Thanks (bin ich gewohnt)

Comment

The final cover for the legacy-book-series is out:

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/227417.html

Comment

A bit too few wraithiness on there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmarepoet View Post
          A bit too few wraithiness on there.....
          Yep, my first thought, too.

Comment

it's a pitty, since actuially the Wraith are the most interesting characters of SGA

Comment

Ah well, they were just cardboard threats until Toddy came along to challenge our perceptions. Even Michael wasn't brought in to do that; he was just the bad guy they experimented on, who returned to type, because all humans are good. Obviously.
              sigpic

Comment

it's a pitty, since actuially the Wraith are the most interesting characters of SGA
                Oh. but the villains always are ( and Isolde is going to bite my head off over this...)
                Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                Ah well, they were just cardboard threats until Toddy came along to challenge our perceptions. Even Michael wasn't brought in to do that; he was just the bad guy they experimented on, who returned to type, because all humans are good. Obviously.
                With my previous sentence, I don't mean the humans were angels, I think many of their decisions and the Michael episode and the way they handled or mishandled the "transformed Wraiths" were highly unethical. Lines like the "If the Wraith were at the Geneva Convention, they would have killed everyone" are not clever. Maybe they would but the only creature I know that kills to ensure other than its basic needs (sustenace, territory, reproduction...etc) is human.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                  Oh. but the villains always are ( and Isolde is going to bite my head off over this...)
                  You'll get no argument from me about villains being the most interesting characters (to me, anyways ). It's their motivations that fascinate me. What drives a person to be a 'villain', and isn't that wholly based on some pretty arbitrary evidence, and what society perceives as the 'norm'?

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                  With my previous sentence, I don't mean the humans were angels, I think many of their decisions and the Michael episode and the way they handled or mishandled the "transformed Wraiths" were highly unethical. Lines like the "If the Wraith were at the Geneva Convention, they would have killed everyone" are not clever. Maybe they would but the only creature I know that kills to ensure other than its basic needs (sustenace, territory, reproduction...etc) is human.
                  I asked JF about the Michael episode and those ethical issues, and received a very... ah... muted reply. Honestly, I don't think the writers or the main actors had even considered the implicit message contained, though he did say that he agreed the issues were quite sensitive. But, and here's the rub, his POV was that you'd do anything to kill/get the better of an enemy. There was a complete lack of identification. He also said he had some doubts with Common Ground because of the recent attack on American personnel, which worried me too, because again, so far as I was concerned, that was not what the episode brought to the table.
                  sigpic

Comment

You'll get no argument from me about villains being the most interesting characters (to me, anyways ). It's their motivations that fascinate me. What drives a person to be a 'villain', and isn't that wholly based on some pretty arbitrary evidence, and what society perceives as the 'norm'?

I asked JF about the Michael episode and those ethical issues, and received a very... ah... muted reply. Honestly, I don't think the writers or the main actors had even considered the implicit message contained, though he did say that he agreed the issues were quite sensitive. But, and here's the rub, his POV was that you'd do anything to kill/get the better of an enemy. There was a complete lack of identification. He also said he had some doubts with Common Ground because of the recent attack on American personnel, which worried me too, because again, so far as I was concerned, that was not what the episode brought to the table.
                    However, I remember JF expressing some doubts in the episode his character persuades someone to volunteer to be fed upon by Todd. They even added a final scene where Shep says something on the lines of " I presented a scenario and he made his choice". As for the muted response you got, I suppose he had to defend the storyline, no matter what personal or professional doubts he may have concerning the development of the character.
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

-pokes head in and clears throat- Im the newest one who's a wraith fan and my fav characters are Steve cause arrogance and hotness are very strong with this one. Gabriel cause who knew a Wraith could have a sense of honor. Kenny: yes I love this one to death and I get squeal like a fangirl everytime I see him appear and lets not forget our dear Todd.
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome, Elarinya. It's great to see new faces in the WDC, especially after the show has been finished for so long. Pull up a chair, grab some popcorn, and get involved.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah even after the show is done and over with I'm still a fan. I plan to get the series for my B-day tomorrow just so I can have a marathon of it for the entire week. - grabs a chair and some popcorn-
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi Elarinya, that's good plan

Comment

Originally posted by Elarinya View Post
                              Yeah even after the show is done and over with I'm still a fan. I plan to get the series for my B-day tomorrow just so I can have a marathon of it for the entire week. - grabs a chair and some popcorn-
                              Monster Wraith day! Excellent.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi Elarinya, that's good plan
                                Yeah its a darn good plan. It wont be here till the end of the week but I can wait

Monster Wraith day! Excellent. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q10uN.gif[/IMG
                                Yeah, I finally turn 21 after waiting for god knows how long.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X