Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
    Thank you It's Archimedes from Reunion, one of my favourites Since he didn't die 'on the screen' I hope to see him again ... one day ...

Right I hereby promise not to use this argument ever again, for the greater good of our discussion

Icarium
    Oh, he's from Reunion... that explains why I didn't recognize him. I missed that episode. I'll look forward to seeing him when the DVDs are released.
    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Spoiler:
      It would be silly for Kanaan to turn up when she's on the table. He's under Michael's influence and everything he says and does should be what Michael makes him do.

Notice Teyla is suddenly missing that sleeved thing she's wearing? And in the next pic, she's not? Mind manipulation again?

In reply to your hidden question: Mind manipulation, indeed! He is really good if he can have an effect on the whole audience! But I think the more likely (but less entertaining) explanation is that the costume department and the continuity people missed it.
      Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Here's a way to use the term: "Whoa! Did you see THAT guy? What a STUD!" Or... "Bob the Wraith, he's a real stud!" (Steve wouldn't be a 'stud' - too refined. Bob, the Defiant One, the one in the Hive (with the nice butt and short sleeves), Todd...and Ronon - those guys are 'studs'. Sheppard and Rodney? Not studs. )
        you forgot one. the wraith in travelers who feeds on larrin = stud.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset
          if a wraith starts feeling the effects of poisoning, why don't they just hibernate? wouldn't the life support they use keep them alive til there was a cure?
          Once they wake up, it's perhaps not very easy to hibernate again so quickly. It may have sth to do with their physiology (e.g. when a bear is woken up during winter, it's not going to survive till the end, even if it manages to hibernate again. reason:too much energy used up) It's my guess because if it were easy, many Wraith would go into hibernation when they discovered there wasn't enough food avaiable, instead of fighting over it.

Icarium

Comment

Once they wake up, it's perhaps not very easy to hibernate again so quickly. It may have sth to do with their physiology (e.g. when a bear is woken up during winter, it's not going to survive till the end, even if it manages to hibernate again. reason:too much energy used up) It's my guess because if it were easy, many Wraith would go into hibernation when they discovered there wasn't enough food avaiable, instead of fighting over it.

Icarium
            true... but I'd rather sleep and wait out a poisoning than take my chances and end up dying. you figure the wraith have been awake for a while (however long has passed in 4 seasons), so it might not be that hard to hibernate. the reason they didn't when they found out there wasn't enough humans was because they needed to build their strength back up/couldn't automatically hiberate again and didn't have much of a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
              In reply to your hidden question: Mind manipulation, indeed! He is really good if he can have an effect on the whole audience! But I think the more likely (but less entertaining) explanation is that the costume department and the continuity people missed it.
              Oh, another one that involves stripping!

Spoiler:
              I once said that Michael took Teyla's weapons holder thingy in Vengeance. Then later on I thought he also took away her jacket, but she's clearly still wearing it. The thing you do see is that he's opened it completely up. And getting a nice view from it too, as you can see him practically think before she wakes up. (Okay, maybe he wasn't quite there yet, but he was looking, still.)

In The Kindred I, she was obviously wearing a leather sleeveless coat thing OVER the other blouse with the long sleeves. When she's in her cell, it's not there any more. So someone's been stripped again. I doubt Teyla took it off herself, since Hives are supposed to be cold. I'm guessing the same for Michael's Cruiser?

He just loves stripping her.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

im finally gonna get to watch season 3 next sunday
                its my birthday so im getting the complete season boxset which i will somehow have to watch before going back to uni on monday cause my flatmates arent into scifi that much but who cares i get to watch stargate atlantis episodes i have never seen before after not being able to see it for nearly an entire year yaaay
                Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Right I hereby promise not to use this argument ever again, for the greater good of our discussion
                  It's difficult to avoid it with SGA. Many of the plot devices they use are so obvious it's like being hit over the head with bricks.
                  sigpic

Comment

@ das Thank you for this secret but If I translate it I say female horse to Bob or Steve or Todd and all other hot guys... That´s for us german a misunderstand

Hmm I have see a pic with Michael and Teyla. Teyla lay down on this table and look like DARTH VADER... But what do Michael with her??

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                      true... but I'd rather sleep and wait out a poisoning than take my chances and end up dying. you figure the wraith have been awake for a while (however long has passed in 4 seasons), so it might not be that hard to hibernate. the reason they didn't when they found out there wasn't enough humans was because they needed to build their strength back up/couldn't automatically hiberate again and didn't have much of a choice.
                      I'd rather sleep than starve to death or was killed for food. We know that the Wraith were taking turns in 'waking up' so I think they didn't kill their sleeping brothers. Even now, after approximately 4 years they do not go to hibernate. But what is 4 years for a creature that lives for thousands of years? I think it's still too soon to hibernate for them... or maybe they are so competitive and overconfident that they'd rather starved than let other Wraith find Earth
                      And maybe they don't hibernate when poisoned because the Wraith society doesn't approve of the weak ones. With their regeneration abilities it's unlikely that they get ill so it can be some sort of taboo. They would be as despised as Michael.

Icarium

Comment

And maybe they don't hibernate when poisoned because the Wraith society doesn't approve of the weak ones. With their regeneration abilities it's unlikely that they get ill so it can be some sort of taboo. They would be as despised as Michael.

Icarium
                        good point, I didn't think about that. todd said "the gift of life is reserved for our brothers", so if a wraith is weak, another one could restore him. therefore, weakness can't be that much of a taboo. too bad they can't get some really well fed non-poisoned wraith to go around "gift of life-ing" everyone. not that it would help with poison any.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                          good point, I didn't think about that. todd said "the gift of life is reserved for our brothers", so if a wraith is weak, another one could restore him. therefore, weakness can't be that much of a taboo. too bad they can't get some really well fed non-poisoned wraith to go around "gift of life-ing" everyone. not that it would help with poison any.
                          Hmm, what did he mean by 'brothers'? Other Wraith? It seems to me that no Wraith ever needs 'the gift', I think he was speaking about humans. Maybe some Wraith have always been willing to cooperate with 'special' humans? When they are in need (I mean e.g. commanders and queens) they just feed on their crewman. I could be even humiliating to receive the gift as it's to similar to feeding
                          Your idea of a Wraith life-giver is hilarious but I think that the poor 'Good Samaritan' would get poisoned after the very first 'gift'

Icarium

Comment

Hmm, what did he mean by 'brothers'? Other Wraith? It seems to me that no Wraith ever needs 'the gift', I think he was speaking about humans. Maybe some Wraith have always been willing to cooperate with 'special' humans? When they are in need (I mean e.g. commanders and queens) they just feed on their crewman. I could be even humiliating to receive the gift as it's to similar to feeding
                            Your idea of a Wraith life-giver is hilarious but I think that the poor 'Good Samaritan' would get poisoned after the very first 'gift'

Icarium
                            He said worshippers and brothers. The worshipper part takes care the humans. By brothers he DOES mean other wraith. I guess if you're in a battle and can't feed your best bet is to spread out the strength from a few wraith the the injured ones.
                            I wouldn't think it would be humiliating. I'd think of it more of an act of bonding and love, it's a really intimate act.
                            That's how I interpret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen
                              @ das Thank you for this secret but If I translate it I say female horse to Bob or Steve or Todd and all other hot guys... That´s for us german a misunderstand
                              Oh, a stud should be a MALE horse! LOL... *runs off to the German Translator*...

a stud is der Zuchthengst (Hengst??). Male breeding horse.

When you call a man a 'stud', it usually refers to a guy who is 'macho' - masculine and strong and sexy...like Bob. Bob was definitely a 'stud'...

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                                He said worshippers and brothers. The worshipper part takes care the humans. By brothers he DOES mean other wraith. I guess if you're in a battle and can't feed your best bet is to spread out the strength from a few wraith the the injured ones.
                                I wouldn't think it would be humiliating. I'd think of it more of an act of bonding and love, it's a really intimate act.
                                That's how I interpret it.
                                I agree. when todd gave the gift of life to sheppard, he was just repaying the debt, but from wraith to wraith it must symbolize a kinship on some level. if I don't shut up, I'll start thinking and trying to figure out wraith society/ties to one another again and drive myself nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X