Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
    For the FF.net authors:

Does FF.net let you know when we subscribe to your stuff?
    Do you ever get Wraith haters flaming you?
    Yeah, we get notifications if someone subscribes, faves or leaves a review, but if your name is different then we have no way of placing you. I haven't had anyone flame me for writing Wraith, but a friend of mine has. The review she got for Medea (which I recommend, btw) was truly unpleasant, very harsh, and nearly enough to stop her writing.
    sigpic

Comment

Great chapter Isolde.

Great story TP.
      sigpic

Comment

Love the videos, sigs, wallpaper and artwork. Sorry this post is so short but I'm trying to catch up on things after being on holiday for a week.
        sigpic

Comment

Have a nice holiday Ciannwn.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, and, after all, Shawn can peacefully enjoy his gourmet meals, Eddie can show his cheerful sleazy side, and Rhys can take delight in converting worshippers.
            Rhys: Indeed. Converting worshippers is a very rewarding task, but of lately is hasn't been necessary anymore because of all the volunteers.

Iz and TP, I am subscribed to both of your accounts and will be reading them too, as well as looking forward to another installment DS has in the works. It is going to be a good month for wraith.
            Doing my best. Hope I won't disappoint you.

Worshipping Wraith by writing fanfic is fun.

For the FF.net authors:

Does FF.net let you know when we subscribe to your stuff?
            Do you ever get Wraith haters flaming you?
            Since Iz has already answered both questions I can only say that I haven't got any flaming review or comment until now and I hope it stays that way. *touches wood* I firmly had expected to get flamed for my pics and fics when I started, because I thought I was a lone weirdo for being obseesed with the Wraith – that was before I found the WDC.

Comment

Thanks everyone *hugs*
              Like Iz and DS I haven't been flamed yet *touch wood* and I;m so glad cos, like Iz's friend I thnk it would be likely to put me off writing any more
              I've had the odd bad review and , while I have no beef with contructive criticism - in fact it helps you to develop as a writer - I do get cranky when folks dis my fic just because it doesn't have a happy ending!!!
              I know most of my stuff is fluffy and has happy endings, but sometimes I like to experiment - and I usually warn folks if all doesn't end in a rosy manner!!! LOL
              sigpic
              Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                Thanks everyone *hugs*
                Like Iz and DS I haven't been flamed yet *touch wood* and I;m so glad cos, like Iz's friend I thnk it would be likely to put me off writing any more
                I've had the odd bad review and , while I have no beef with contructive criticism - in fact it helps you to develop as a writer - I do get cranky when folks dis my fic just because it doesn't have a happy ending!!!
                I know most of my stuff is fluffy and has happy endings, but sometimes I like to experiment - and I usually warn folks if all doesn't end in a rosy manner!!! LOL
                Oh noes! Nobody stops writing Wraith FF!!! There are probably 100 contented, lurking readers for every one Peter Kavanagh type who complains and wants to ruin everything for everyone.

I am all caught up on the FF everyone advertised, BTW. Thanks, and keep on writing and worshipping!

Comment

Oh noes! Nobody stops writing Wraith FF!!! There are probably 100 contented, lurking readers for every one Peter Kavanagh type who complains and wants to ruin everything for everyone.

I am all caught up on the FF everyone advertised, BTW. Thanks, and keep on writing and worshipping!
                  It can be hard to keep that in mind when it LOOKS as if no one has read your stuff in weeks
                  But I;ve always written to please myself so I;ll keep writing until the muse packs up and goes off elsewhere!
                  sigpic

Comment

I will. I enjoy writing Wraith too much to stop; they have fired my imagination in ways I thought I had lost, and I am particularly grateful to Todd (and CH's masterful rendition) for allowing me to develop as a writer. If I had not fallen for our Commander, I believe I would still be struggling with a block. *sighs* Apart from the fact that HE hogs everything you do, and makes everything about his exploits, sometimes sending me the most inappropriate visuals at inexplicable times!

Todd: naturally you want to write about me all the time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Orb... I really like th' drawing. Very nice and nicely painted. Major kudos. You did put that on DeviantArt, right?

~Lady B
                      sigpic
                      Queen of HIVE 2O ~ SGC Operations ~ Tok'ra Resistance ~ Jaffa Legions

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Barbossa View Post
                        Orb... I really like th' drawing. Very nice and nicely painted. Major kudos. You did put that on DeviantArt, right?

~Lady B
                        Thanks, I did put it up there. Other peoples' DA works brought my attention to the Wraith to begin with when I was searching for "long white hair" and, like IZ, the Wraith rekindled my desire to make art once again. The last time I made something was 5 years ago (an oil pastel dragon that hangs in our living room) and I credit fellow Wraith fans for all the great art sharing and pointers, especially in WDC.

Comment

I don't know how long Iz was in the writing doldrums, but I can top that, Orb!

I used to draw and write constantly in my teens and early 20s - I was always scribbling something! But then I got married and had a kid and I didn't pick up a pencil for anything at all for more than THIRTY YEARS!

Then Todd and Steve came along and inspired me to both write and draw again for the first time in 3 decades! Thanks, boys!
                          But even more than that was the fact that when I nervously and tentatively posted my first stories and sketches, the folks here at WDC were so encouraging that I've never looked back since! For that you all get a big squishy hug - every single one of you!
                          sigpic

Comment

If this is your first I really want to see more! Well done

Comment

I would like to make more First to 50 "We love ____ because" threads for our boys. I have some ready to go for Erik, Kenny, Shawn, and Spike. Let me know if these would be duplicates or I will post them.

Comment

I don't know how long Iz was in the writing doldrums...
                                About 15 years, all told, I think. Long enough to think every strand of creativity had been crushed forever, until Todd came into my life and gave my sleeping muse a choice i.e. get up or it's the hand for you! *sighs* I luffs him sooo much for that.

Todd: Indeed...

I have yet to venture into my art again, and it has been prolly fewer years since I did any serious painting. Maybe inspiration will hit me soonish.

But even more than that was the fact that when I nervously and tentatively posted my first stories and sketches, the folks here at WDC were so encouraging that I've never looked back since!
                                Hear, hear... thank you all for your support, even though I know Toddifer isn't to everyone's taste, but since I started writing them (for a joke, I might add) I can't seem to stop.

Todd: Get back to the keyboard, NOW, Iz!
                                Jen:

*sigh* See what I mean.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X