Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
    SG:U...? Renamed in my house as "The People Too Stupid to Live". And they are so dreary! I keep hoping something will kill them off but no, they insist on staying alive. Plus they whine incessantly without developing or resolving a damn thing. Gah...

Milky Way Humans: we're feral and that's why we taste better to the Wraith. We never learned to fear them, and we were never domesticated like those tame buggers back in PG. And I'll add, again, that being an apex predator with a sole food source is an extremely poor evolutionary strategy with a one-way ticket to the fossil record.

For the record, one of the things a writer should never do is use humans as a food source as it's ultimately unsustainable. I can see it now:

"Ooh, ooh, I haz this mega cool idea, dudes."
    "Wazzat..."
    "We haz space vampires, only they suckz life force, not blood, yeah!11!!!11"
    "Awesome, man..."
    *high fives all round and cigars*
    Here! Here! And yet more here, here! I am in complete accord with this view! Oh, and did I mention that agree whole-heartedly?

Todd: who are you calling a fossil, Iz?????? One way ticket to the naughty corner for you, my girl!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      I can just picture the scene. Eddie asks if he can have a cordial inter-species relationship with her and she tells him he can if he doesn't mind her eating a sandwich and then getting some sleep while they're at it.

You been spying on me and Eddie then??? LOL
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
        Cross-posted to the OOC thread for Shep/Todd fans Just some screenshot silliness while looking for some good Brendan Penny ones...

Spoiler:

SG:U...? Renamed in my house as "The People Too Stupid to Live". And they are so dreary! I keep hoping something will kill them off but no, they insist on staying alive. Plus they whine incessantly without developing or resolving a damn thing. Gah...
        Or "The people who take this all far too seriously to be a really likeable scifi characters".

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
          You been spying on me and Eddie then??? LOL
          *Gives TP a feeding device so she has time to eat a sandwich in peace.*

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
          Or "The people who take this all far too seriously to be a really likeable scifi characters".
          Sci-fi characters don't have to be likeable while sci fi stories/novels etc. can be dark, character driven drama. I just feel that TPTB haven't quite got the hang of creating characters who are really interesting whether they're likeable or not.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            Sci-fi characters don't have to be likeable while sci fi stories/novels etc. can be dark, character driven drama. I just feel that TPTB haven't quite got the hang of creating characters who are really interesting whether they're likeable or not.
            Good point - likeable was the wrong word to use (it is early in the morning here & I've not been awake long enough for the caffeine to have taken effect). What I mean is that they need to have something, some depth of characterisation, that makes you care what happens to them, be they good or bad, or identify with the part they play in the story.
            Last edited by Trillian52; 20 January 2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

[OT] I care Rush and Chloe. Rush is an interesting one, maybe interesting and smart enough to live and more than just a basic traveler on Destiny. An if you ask me, Chloe should travel to Pegasus and become a tasty meal to some lucky wraith Other characters: I'm not interested [/OT]

It is funny how we (if you allow me to count myself in) keep whining about how badly the Wraith were written and still we keep loving them. Is it just the looks and bad boy attitude, or something else, I wonder?

Comment

Todd: who are you calling a fossil, Iz?????? One way ticket to the naughty corner for you, my girl!
                *skips merrily to the naughty corner* I haz been a very bad gurl...

Todd: Hmmm... irrepressible.
                sigpic

Comment

Todd just can't get enough of us incorrigibly baaaaaad girls, huh?
                  sigpic

Comment

Todd just can't get enough of us incorrigibly baaaaaad girls, huh?
                    *Realises that she hasn't been in the Naughty Corner for a while and immediately starts thinking up ways of getting there.*
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Icarium for allowing me to use the above image.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddandrea View Post
                      *Realises that she hasn't been in the Naughty Corner for a while and immediately starts thinking up ways of getting there.*
                      Oh, with Todd around, that shouldn't be too difficult!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                        It is funny how we (if you allow me to count myself in) keep whining about how badly the Wraith were written and still we keep loving them. Is it just the looks and bad boy attitude, or something else, I wonder?
                        Of course you can count yourself in!
                        I've always had a soft spot for long hair, leather and the aliens - Christopher Plummer was such a good Klingon!
                        My interest in the Wraith stems from the fact that they held so much potential but were, with the exception of Todd and Michael, given such limited development. Even then, for me at least, much of their allure comes from the great job that both actors did in developing the characters and giving them as much depth as they could with the dialogue and scenarios presented to them.

Oh, with Todd around, that shouldn't be too difficult!
                        And he's always so full of useful suggestions about how to get there...
                        Last edited by Trillian52; 21 January 2010, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Just thinking about Todd often does the trick (darned telepathy!)
                          sigpic

Comment

Just thinking about Todd often does the trick (darned telepathy!)
                            Heheheheheheheheheheheheheh...

Todd: Stay put in that corner, Iz... I feel you're there for a while.

sigpic

Comment

Helps Iz decorate the naughty corner and adds cushions and flowers
                              sigpic

Comment

*adds insence and little lights that hang from the ceiling*

On a sort of off-topic note, I should have the cover for my fanfiction scanned in soon I tried to deviate from the appearance of specifically Chris Heyerdahl and Brendan Penny at the same time, to try and achieve a balance between the two depictions.

Comment

Working...
                                X