Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    Maybe they thought having space vampires who sucked blood wouldn't be realistic.
    Heh, good point. Plus blood replenishes, so blood-sucking wraith probably wouldn't have that 'as creepy' feel to them. How ironic that Bram Stoker's Dracula is on Tv tonight

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
      I think I'll make one as well xD I'll try and find a sad Todd and Phineas, hehee. Does anybody know why it changed?

New discussion idea:
      Why do you think the wraith evolved to prey on life force, instead of something more readily available such as more typical diets?
      They chanced the forum version: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...4-0-Is-Here%21

Not the evolving Wraith, obviously xD But I can see why someone would like to do some life force sucking when things chance like just like that

I think some systems look better now, but I liked the dark theme and some of new locations of user information on messages are a bit strange. Like the location field and rep bar, the sentences get cut unaesthetically. And who thought it would be a great idea to use bigger font on the title than on nick O_o Also, I find it strange that the quote bubble looks like those bubbles on cartoons that show who says what, and it points right to the wrong avatar.

I hope we get our avatars back. I miss my Bob

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
        Also, I find it strange that the quote bubble looks like those bubbles on cartoons that show who says what, and it points right to the wrong avatar.

I hope we get our avatars back. I miss my Bob
        I know what you mean about the quote bubble.

I was looking through the information thread about the new layout. The GW avatars are being replaced by bigger versions.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
          Hello everybody. J can see your`s avatars. I can`t see avatar of QueenMalka.
          Yeah I haven't posted enough to get my own avatar *slacker Queen...*

Comment

Hey everyone! It's nice to see that there are familiar names still posting, and to see many more newcomers to this thread that I don't recognize. It's also lovely to see that the same arguments are still being presented: wraith evolution, the dummy ancients, Todd's delish etc.

Well, my husband and I just bought a house in the neighbourhood we live in now, which is nice. It'll be our first, and hopefully our last home. I've also adopted another cat, we call him Red Pookie. Initially, my man wanted to call him Chekov, because of course we already had a captain to our little ship "Shatner". Anyhow, my other cat, who is a rather large cat (not fat), was terrified of Chekov. Sasha is nearly a quarter bigger than both cats, but he's a complete pussy (pun intended). He would choke and gulp, hide out in the bathroom, then votmit everytime Chekov was around. So we started calling Chekov "The Red Menace". As anyone knows, red cats are incredibly laid back and this one typifies that behaviour to a "T". Chekov would just lay down whenever Sasha was around, which is a sign of submission. Sasha would still gulp and hiss. Anyhow, Red Pookie was so sweet and polite and hysterically strange that Chekov didn't suit him. That's when we started to call him Red Pookie. We rescued him because when we found him (he ran into my house) he was on the verge of starvation. He is an adult cat that weighed about 7lbs. He also had a chipped front tooth, raked back claws, calluses on his feet, flees and a bad cold (no pneumonia thank goodness). So, we took him in, and $1000.00 Can. later he was ours. We had him tested for everything. Now he's healthy, a little plump and still ugly in that very sweet way. He has warts with hair growing out of them, feline acne under his chin, an over bite for a cat, various and sundry skin irritations, oh and he talks alot. Trills when he has a poop, a peep, getting cozy in his bed, jumping up on the cat scratch thingy and jumping down from our bed. He wouldn't win any cat contests, but he's so funny. Sasha now likes him.

Well, thanks for my rant about my new kitty. Now I'm into Farscape--always loved that show. Also, Steve the wraith works around the corner from where I live. Life is strange like that eh?
            "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Stating that Steve the wraith works around the corner reminds me of when I was talking to Teresa (Starxade on Deviantart). She and a friend are planning to attend a convention dressed as wraith. He's going as a Commander... and his name is Steve. It was certainly amusing at the time to joke about living up to his namesake

As I haven't seen your name before, Wraith Cakes, welcome back!

Comment

Thanks IV!. It's really nice to see the WDC has some staying power. I'm sorry I don't think I've heard of Starxade on Deviantart. Is this an artist at Deviant art? Anyhow, I actually meant the actor who played Steve the wraith, and all the other wraith for the first two or was it the first three seasons on SGA? James Lafazanos. He works five minutes away from where I live. Maybe he lives in this area too. *Shrug* I've lived here for six years, and it's gone from junky haven to trendy haven. Anyhow, I guess this is what happens to a neighbourhood over time. It was nice to chat with him. Though a little strange. I like to keep my science fiction obsessions separated from my real life, not living and working essentially right next to me.
                "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Thought this might be a bit of fun...

The first TEN people to comment in my profile get to request that I write a drabble of any pairing/character of their choosing.

Any takers?
                  Last edited by Isolde; 19 January 2010, 03:38 AM. Reason: Idea was shamelessly snurched... in a GOOD way. :P :D
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                    Hey everyone! It's nice to see that there are familiar names still posting, and to see many more newcomers to this thread that I don't recognize. It's also lovely to see that the same arguments are still being presented: wraith evolution, the dummy ancients, Todd's delish etc.
                    Hello again.

Yes, it's the same old discussions but we don't have anything new to talk about since SGA finished. There's still no news about the SGA movie, either.

Well, my husband and I just bought a house in the neighbourhood we live in now, which is nice. It'll be our first, and hopefully our last home. I've also adopted another cat, we call him Red Pookie.
                    Your new kitty does sound sweet.

Anyhow, I actually meant the actor who played Steve the wraith, and all the other wraith for the first two or was it the first three seasons on SGA? James Lafazanos. He works five minutes away from where I live.
                    So what's he doing now? I've been wondering where he's got to lately because there's no news of him on the internet.
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome back, Wraith Cake!

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                      Thought this might be a bit of fun...

The first TEN people to comment in my profile get to request that I write a drabble of any pairing/character of their choosing.

Any takers?
                      Yep, me.

Comment

~Totally commented

Comment

Originally posted by IV View Post
                          New discussion idea:
                          Why do you think the wraith evolved to prey on life force, instead of something more readily available such as more typical diets?
                          Didn't Todd more or less explain it already?
                          He said something along the line that it's only a moments pleasure, but sucking life force gives them many positive attributes - like the healing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepPAAARD!! View Post
                            Didn't Todd more or less explain it already?
                            He said something along the line that it's only a moments pleasure, but sucking life force gives them many positive attributes - like the healing.
                            That still doesn't explain why Wraith evolved to eat normal food when young and life force when adult. After all, a lot of RL humans might like the idea of sucking life force for healing powers etc. but it's not going to change the path of natural evolution.
                            sigpic

Comment

I apologize - I misread the question. ^^'

Hmmm.... a theory: Life force also stops/slows down drastically their aging. If they started to suck it when still young that would maybe stop them from reaching adulthood/it would take them by far longer to reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepPAAARD!! View Post
                                I apologize - I misread the question. ^^'

Hmmm.... a theory: Life force also stops/slows down drastically their aging. If they started to suck it when still young that would maybe stop them from reaching adulthood/it would take them by far longer to reach it.
                                That's possible although the same would apply for Iratus bugs. Unfortunately we have less information about Iratus bugs than we do about Wraith.

Even if Iratus bugs go through a normal food when young cycle there's still the question of why and how they evolved to feed on life force. After all, gnats and vampire bats feed on blood but we don't have any RL species on Earth which went on to feed on life force itself.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X