Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
    We have an administrator at work that rolls his eyes at staff meetings. Can you believe that? One of your direct supervisors rolls his/her eyes while staff are presenting information?

So, we decided as an English department to sit together at staff meetings and just randomly roll our eyes whenever an administrator stands up to speak (Vice Principal and Principal). There are fifteen of us in the department. If we're asked "Is there a problem?" We've practiced to say "Noooo! What are talking about?" We'll say this while our arms are crossed and our eyes rolling. --Oh ya, and we'll be slouching while we say this.
    We practiced at lunch the other day and nearly peed ourselves laughing so hard.

WK

Well, I have a colleague who literally runs away and hides if something goes wrong from her point of view. She doesn't greet people if they think differently, etc. Some (onw would think mature) people simply have no idea how silly and sickening they look from the direction of others.
    ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Ohh and those Todd EPs would be??? *senses that she may have asked a very blasphemous question* I know of one...
      WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
      "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
      Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
        Of course, they have them. Does anyone here really think they are senseless robots? Both Michael and Ellia evidently show plenty of different emotions and, of course, Spike who lives between hope and desperation.
        Ah, but here's the thing...probably something Mallozzi didn't consider in his answer, but I did in my question...

Human beings who are sociopaths are not capable of certain emotions, such as empathy. They just don't have it, nor do they feel guilt, or compassion. It's not necessarily due to their upbringing, but just that these emotions don't exist in them.

So Mr. Mallozzi could have suggested that Wraith, like human sociopaths, lack the ability to feel such things as compassion. Not just the suppression of such feelings, but the total non-existence of such feelings.

I know it's a fine point (and we can assume that - like humans - some Wraith have sociopathic personalities), but it helps to establish the species as a whole as having - and most likely feeling - the complete range of human emotions, though they may not show it on the outside. It also helps to clarify that Wraith do not act out of evil intent, but are ruled first by instinct, and secondly by the harsh society in which they are born.

das
        sigpic

Comment

Of course, they have them. Does anyone here really think they are senseless robots? Both Michael and Ellia evidently show plenty of different emotions and, of course, Spike who lives between hope and desperation.
          Of course))
          But I don't think that a social hierarchy forces them to suppress emotions. As for me, the war-time leads to "senselessness". Do humans at war show mercy a lot, especially for the enemies?

No retreat in the face of battle. No sympathy for the fallen. No mercy for our enemies. (c) Rhys

What role of social hierarchy could be the reason?

About Todd. Looks like he's a fav of such fans who have a sexual interest for Wraiths. hehe))))
          (As for me I like them for their insect-like lifestyle mostly, but not for the sexy appearance or any))

Comment

Originally posted by T'saria View Post
            Ohh and those Todd EPs would be??? *senses that she may have asked a very blasphemous question* I know of one...
            Todd's episodes are:

S3

Common Ground

S4

The Seer
            Miller's Crossing
            BAMSR
            Spoils of War
            The Kindred, pt. 1
            The Last Man

S5

The Queen
            First Contact
            The Lost Tribe
            Infection

Vegas (alt. reality)
            Enemy at the Gate

I think that's it...someone will certainly correct me if I've missed one!

das
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elsa_the_Wraith View Post
              Of course))
              But I don't think that a social hierarchy forces them to suppress emotions. As for me, the war-time leads to "senselessness". Do humans at war shows mercy a lot, especially for the enemies?
              wartime does indeed lead to a lot of senselessness...I could go down a long tiresome road on that topic and become very OT.

About Todd. Looks like he's a fav of such fans who have a sexual interest for Wraiths. hehe))))
              (As for me I like them for their insect-like lifestyle mostly, but not for the sexy appearance or any))
              ahhh Elsa maybe you are a natural born queen
              WraithyPuff

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                Todd's episodes are:

I think that's it...someone will certainly correct me if I've missed one!

das
                woo hoo!! lots of EPs to watch!!!! how could I have missed him in the Season 3 EP??
                WraithyPuff

Comment

woo hoo!! lots of EPs to watch!!!! how could I have missed him in the Season 3 EP??
                  He IS the S3 episode! Common Ground is the episode where he's introduced for the first time. You must see that one first to understand everything that happens afterwards...

das
                  sigpic

Comment

He IS the S3 episode! Common Ground is the episode where he's introduced for the first time. You must see that one first to understand everything that happens afterwards...

das
                    ok! my memory is jogged and i remember him now! and the EP very well. that was a good EP. I just looked up the synopsis. i was starting to wonder if that was him.
                    WraithyPuff

Comment

Ah, but here's the thing...probably something Mallozzi didn't consider in his answer, but I did in my question...

Human beings who are sociopaths are not capable of certain emotions, such as empathy. They just don't have it, nor do they feel guilt, or compassion. It's not necessarily due to their upbringing, but just that these emotions don't exist in them.

So Mr. Mallozzi could have suggested that Wraith, like human sociopaths, lack the ability to feel such things as compassion. Not just the suppression of such feelings, but the total non-existence of such feelings.

I know it's a fine point (and we can assume that - like humans - some Wraith have sociopathic personalities), but it helps to establish the species as a whole as having - and most likely feeling - the complete range of human emotions, though they may not show it on the outside. It also helps to clarify that Wraith do not act out of evil intent, but are ruled first by instinct, and secondly by the harsh society in which they are born.

das
                      Well, the following fragment from Instinct definitely shows that Ellia felt guilty about her "needs" and had compassion.

[Flashback to younger Zaddik being fed upon. Ellia doesn't seem to be enjoying it much, and he nearly passes out. He does fall to the floor, breaking the connection between her hand and his chest, snapping Ellia out of her feeding frenzy.]

ELLIA: Father? Father!

[Flashback camera pans down to young Zaddik, now with silver in his hair. He's conscious, but seems unable to speak. Ellia cradles him, crying.]

ELLIA: I'm so sorry!
                      The sad irony is that wraith have inborn empathy, because they really know what the other person is feeling or thinking .
                      ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Well, the following fragment from Instinct definitely shows that Ellia felt guilty about her "needs" and had compassion.

The sad irony is that wraith have inborn empathy, because they really know what the other person is feeling or thinking .
                        gads. poor Ellia. That was such a tough Ep to watch. I remember her talking about how the males in the woods were taunting her to come and join them and how she resisted them.
                        WraithyPuff

Comment

Not exactly I personally love him for his personality and find his interactions with humans intriguing and fascinating.
                          ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

gads. poor Ellia. That was such a tough Ep to watch. I remember her talking about how the males in the woods were taunting her to come and join them and how she resisted them.
                            It was totally heartbreaking and - at the same time - very, very encouraging, because it was clear that we are not that different, except for special diet.
                            ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                              You hit the nail right on the head with your comments about Shepherd.
                              He is damaged mentally, when your damaged the way he is it would take alot of courage to trust someone and to invest back into a relationship. Also you are always looking for the relationship to go wrong. When something small goes wrong it prove you are right and it can be magnified easily into something much larger.

Yet Shepherd does care for his team, he will not leave a member of his team behind. He will be there to defend them in a fight, he is a leader who leads from the front by example.

A convoluted and complicated man.

MCH
                              It’s simply because I know very well what does it mean to be exhausted That's why I can't blame Shep too much in spite of my ardent desire to see more understanding between him and Todd.
                              ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Not exactly I personally love him for his personality and find his interactions with humans intriguing and fascinating.
                                De gustibus non est disputandum...)))

I can't understand anyway how is it possible to like such personalities... Poor me! )))

T'saria, lol))) oh yeah... it's a good reason for disliking Todd. XD

Comment

Working...
                                X