Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    Thank you! I'm proud to have my own custom avatar now! *does a backflip*
    It must be especially irritating to have a standard avatar, if you are an artist
    ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
      Welcome WraithCat - come and intrude any time.
      Originally posted by MCH View Post
      Welcome to Wraithcat, glad you can join us.
      Originally posted by masterling View Post
      Welcome! nice name BTW
      Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Hello, WraithCat, and welcome!!
      Thank you to all for the warm welcome. I´m glad to be here.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Pull up a chair, we were just talking about Wraith, and...sex. A.G.A.I.N.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
        Mmm, interesting. I've heard this too, this makes sense. If we are "known" we are beneath notice. (shivers down my spine)

WK
        There are so many options here... it always takes my breath away when I am starting to develop this thought. What if our planet is considered to be a prison for their "defaulters"? What if some of them practice tourism? What if they recruit humans for some activities or unknown purposes?

PS. By the way, we have a sort of cheese called "Saturn", but of course it's a local production .

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post

Here's an interesting idea from Carl Sagan.

http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=20

"We are the local embodiment of a Cosmos grown to self-awareness. We have begun to contemplate our origins: starstuff pondering the stars; organized assemblages of ten billion billion billion atoms considering the evolution of atoms; tracing the long journey by which, here at least, consciousness arose. Our loyalties are to the species and the planet. We speak for Earth. Our obligation to survive is owed not just to ourselves but also to that Cosmos, ancient and vast, from which we spring."

If that's true we have to be stuck on Earth in order to perform our function.
        Yes, it sounds rather interesting indeed. I love his another quotes as well. But of course, Sagan was a brilliant man, whose mind was open to different possibilities.
        ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
          It must be especially irritating to have a standard avatar, if you are an artist
          I have to admit it irritated me a bit. But not so much because Shawn was a lovely avatar as well.
          In fact, I had my own avatar prepared when I first joined GW and was dumbfounded to find out I needed to get 2000 posts before I could upload it.

GW is the only forum I know where you have to "earn" that privilege.
          But it's also kind of nice, that gave me something to look forward to.

Comment

I have to admit it irritated me a bit. But not so much because Shawn was a lovely avatar as well.
            In fact, I had my own avatar prepared when I first joined GW and was dumbfounded to find out I needed to get 2000 posts before I could upload it.

GW is the only forum I know where you have to "earn" that privilege.
            But it's also kind of nice, that gave me something to look forward to.
            I have never come across with this "avatar policy" before as well.
            So I have to be satisfied with a featureless question-mark. Afterall, I love asking questions. And you will hardly know who is hiding behind an avatar
            ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
              I have never come across with this "avatar policy" before as well.
              So I have to be satisfied with a featureless question-mark. Afterall, I love asking questions. And you will hardly know who is hiding behind an avatar
              That's true. That's part of the wonderful anonymity of the internet.

Comment

Hugs each of our boys in turn because they're feeling unloved and neglected.
                sigpic

Comment

Hugs each of our boys in turn because they're feeling unloved and neglected.
                  TP and Steve bounce in and glomp anyone who's around
                  Jeez it's quiet tonight - is there a party on an unknown hive somewhere that we don't know about or what?
                  Where is everyone?
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                    TP and Steve bounce in and glomp anyone who's around
                    Jeez it's quiet tonight - is there a party on an unknown hive somewhere that we don't know about or what?
                    Where is everyone?
                    Me be here. Where there are Wraith, there is DS.
                    *tackle-glomps any available Wraith*

A party on another hive?
                    But it's not on the uberhive, it's quiet over there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenofnine View Post
                      TP's never left the gutter!
                      I know I know, in fact none of us seem to leave.

It's our own Home Sweet Wraithy Home.

MCH
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

A party on another hive?
                        *glomps DS*

I justthought itwas so quiet on the Uberhive that maybe you'd all jumped ship or soemthing! Not that me and Steve would object to a little privacy...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                          I know I know, in fact none of us seem to leave.

It's our own Home Sweet Wraithy Home.

MCH
                          As long as Steve is with me, the gutter is a very classy place to be!
                          sigpic

Comment

A party on another hive?
                            Not much happening on The GOOD HIVE LOLLYPOP either. Unless Isolde find my last post about what she need to do to a very naughty Eddie. Boy is he in trouble.

MCH
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Maybe we should all head over there.
                              sigpic

Comment

I've sometimes seen that sort of comment in topics discussing yet another species which has become extinct due to human activity. This is page two of an article about the baiji dolphin - it reveals that other species in similar habitats are in danger of extinction too.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...n-extinct.html

Maybe these comments are made out of grief because something else has been lost to Earth forever due to humans being around.
                                Or sometimes things just happen that are terrible which have nothing to do with humanity or human culpability. And the bitterness is not something that they have been unable to relinquish for whatever reason. So, it is easy to say--"Oh, that bitter old person (pooh, pooh, pooh)". But who is to say, what sorts of repeatedly negative experiences someone has had in order to get to the point of embracing a bitter world view?

I always find it interesting when I come across people who could have been bitter because of terrible life experiences, but have a different perspective of their sufferings, maybe a more philosophical perspective. But, at the end of the day people have different sorts of coping mechanisms.

Also the last thing I will offer up, (from my experience of how people interact with one another) is a person who generally has a negative view of people, generally feels negatively about themselves.

What I have seen anyway.

WK
                                Last edited by Wraith Cake; 27 March 2009, 02:19 PM.
                                "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X