Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trialia
    Yes, I know. Thanks to Lexa.

Hey, anyone here know how to convert .ifo and .vob files to usable .avi or .mpeg?
    Yup! It's pretty easy, actually. Use this VirtualDub build (make sure you get that ac3 codec that page links to as well). Totally free, and it's a fantastic video encoding program. Just open the .vob file, go to video>compression and pick what format you want to compress to (usually divx, 3ivx, or something like that) and the settings, then go to audio>compression and pick the format (usually mp3), then File>Save As Avi, and give it time!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Awesome wall Tria!!!!

So I just saw Irish Eyes... Twas okay. but didn't like it so much. Intent is stil my fav. But I loved Torri's hair in Irish Eyes. I have no more Torri films to se yet though I so need to get a credit card, then I can buy all of her films off Amazon.
      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Oh no...Credit cards are incredibly bad when you have a fandom or five Make sure you have a low limit

Lovebar made by natz099
        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Yeah... I know... I was thinking of like $500. Deffinately need to investigate... Shall do that next week

Oh, I showed my friend Intent today. She had a similar reaction to me. She enjoyed it so much as well. We also watched Irish Eyes together, and we did what we usually do and we were sitting there laughing at the fact that you can see the boom in the shot in 2 different scenes. *Capping*

Spoiler:
          Booms

Edit changed link locations.
          Last edited by Spacegirlnz; 09 September 2006, 04:03 AM.
          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

vicky has created a new music vid.

Tribute to a Beautiful Woman

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
              Yup! It's pretty easy, actually. Use this VirtualDub build (make sure you get that ac3 codec that page links to as well). Totally free, and it's a fantastic video encoding program. Just open the .vob file, go to video>compression and pick what format you want to compress to (usually divx, 3ivx, or something like that) and the settings, then go to audio>compression and pick the format (usually mp3), then File>Save As Avi, and give it time!
              Thanks, Kirsten! I have four that are all one film though, do you have any idea how I'd combine those? Just take them through the decoder separately and then... what? Not, mind you, that I'll be able to finish doing all that until Sunday.

Edit: Also, crap. I can't find my audio.

Thanks for liking the wallpaper btw, people.

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                Oh no...Credit cards are incredibly bad when you have a fandom or five Make sure you have a low limit
                Tell me about it! After Seeing Sally's link to Torri's Films on Amazon this morning, I went straight downstairs, got my Credit Card and bought Bliss. And I may go back on and buy Airborne... *facepalm*

hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                  Tell me about it! After Seeing Sally's link to Torri's Films on Amazon this morning, I went straight downstairs, got my Credit Card and bought Bliss. And I may go back on and buy Airborne... *facepalm*

Airborne! Go buy it! You know you can't resist

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Pigtails!!!!! I have french plat pigtails in! (so I have curly hair tomorrow)

sigpic

Comment

Airborne! Go buy it! You know you can't resist

But I have to save for a car! *cries*
                      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                        But I have to save for a car! *cries*
                        Pfft who needs a car? says she who drives everywhere on the weekends

Ooo...wait.... You need to save for 2008 as well .. Better not buy it then

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Pfft who needs a car? says she who drives everywhere on the weekends

Ooo...wait.... You need to save for 2008 as well .. Better not buy it then
                          *LOL* Exactly! My Stargate is more important than buying stuff. Even Shoes!

I think...
                          hh

Comment

Random picture abuse.

hh

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                              Thanks, Kirsten! I have four that are all one film though, do you have any idea how I'd combine those? Just take them through the decoder separately and then... what? Not, mind you, that I'll be able to finish doing all that until Sunday.

Edit: Also, crap. I can't find my audio.

Thanks for liking the wallpaper btw, people.
                              Ah, that's one thing I'm still trying to figure out. You can try opening up the first one and picking the compression settings, then go to File>Append AVI Segment and then add each segment on to it, but I'm not sure if it will et you do that with VOB/MPEG. If not, you can encode each segment to AVI separately, THEN go back and open the first AVI file, append each additional segment, then encode it all into one big video. It'll be a bit more time-consuming and video quality may drop a bit because of an extra encode, but it'll work.

Okay, kids - I'm finally leaving San Diego, and starting my long car trip back north to Seattle this morning, so you all be good while I'm gone!
                              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten

Okay, kids - I'm finally leaving San Diego, and starting my long car trip back north to Seattle this morning, so you all be good while I'm gone!
                                Oooh, road trip! Have fun!

Thank you all for the movie suggestions - I think I will definitely be starting with Airborne!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X