Rodney McKay/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Y'know, it'd be nice if you'd put some spoiler warnings in. I haven't seen the ep yet. Bad enough I got spoiled about the cat, which I don't consider very central to the story, but stuff which could be important? Please warn before you say stuff.
    You better watch that ep ASAP Shadow coz the longer you hang around the forum, the more likely you'll be spoiled.

I had some of the funniest sections of dialogue spoiled for me (yet I still enjoyed it overall).

And to keep this on topic...let's see Sam get all snarky because poor McKay is off in another galaxy and she can't vent her frustrations by arguing with him. That and that whole typical 'concern for a friend's wellbeing' stuff.

Comment

Y'know, it'd be nice if you'd put some spoiler warnings in. I haven't seen the ep yet. Bad enough I got spoiled about the cat, which I don't consider very central to the story, but stuff which could be important? Please warn before you say stuff.
      What's to spoil? Really??
      I said wild assed guess. No info, just my seeing potential that probably no one else will see.
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Sorry. I actually thought about putting spoiler space in before I posted but the cat thing seemed like such a non-spoiler that I didn't. I just said he had a cat, didn't give the nitty gritty details of the whole two-second scene.

Hope you get to watch "Rising" soon, cause the spoilers are flying. It was much better than I thought it was going to be (though I wasn't expecting much).

Back on topic. I think McKay will forget about Sam in a hurry unless she puts in an appearance in the Pegasus galaxy. Better hurry up Sam- drop Pete and Jack and start working on that plot device that will get you to Rodney!
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
          Meanwhile, is anyone else having trouble thinking of McKay as Rodney though?
          Hmm,you've got a good point there. He's "Wodney" to Shadow,but as I'm Scots born ,I tend to think of him as "Roddy",as that's the usual derivation from Rodney (or Roderick) .

Ah,well,I see "Ship" between RM and Sam,anyway,so I'm happy !
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hmm,you've got a good point there. He's "Wodney" to Shadow,but as I'm Scots born ,I tend to think of him as "Roddy",as that's the usual derivation from Rodney (or Roderick)
            "Rod" is the usual alternative here in the states, but he doesn't really seem like a "Rod" either. Maybe he has a middle name. Or can get a nickname. Frankly, I just prefer to think of him as "McKay".

Comment

LOL ! Whatever you prefer,Kes . I use "McKay" here, myself,or "RM".
              Easiest way,IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                LOL ! Whatever you prefer,Kes . I use "McKay" here, myself,or "RM".
                Easiest way,IMO.
                OT but do you realize we now have to learn a whole new set of initials? I'm finally used to RDA, AT, MS, CJ and talking about DJ, or T.

Now we have JF, DH, TH, RSF, and I can't even think of the other two. I hope everyone uses full names for awhile because I don't think I'll be able to keep up! LOL!

Comment

Yep,I'm struggling a bit too. The other Atlantis initials,RL (Rachel Luttrell) and the other member is PM (Paul McGillion).

Gah,..."RL" and "PM" are very common forum terms...I'll stick with the Actors' full names !

Back on topic: RM and SC are the initials I like on this thread.
                  (Tenuous link to the Sam/McKay theme,but close enough I hope ! )

Comment

Mmm... Wodney... I could probably have fun with "Rod", too, but with the PG rating on this forum, I'd have to be careful.

I'm also kinda keen on the idea of McKay (which is the most obvious moniker) thinking of Sam calling him "Roddy Bear". hehe

Comment

Ahh..that sounds rather cute,Shadow.
                      (Roddy Bear : Like Grumpy Care Bear,only way,way, smarter. )

Comment

Yeah, it works just fine until I'm talking about Roddy Bear and turn around to find David Hewlett standing behind me. I can just see me trying to explain that one... hehe

Comment

LOL! David H seems to have a good sense of humour, so should you ever meet him ,I think he'd see the funny side !
                          (At least, I think he'd realise, Roddy Bear was a sign of affection,sincerely meant . )

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                            LOL! David H seems to have a good sense of humour, so should you ever meet him ,I think he'd see the funny side !
                            (At least, I think he'd realise, Roddy Bear was a sign of affection,sincerely meant . )
                            I think David would think that was quite funny, he does have a great sense of humour. If i ever met him, id be afraid that he'd think I was a total freak, because Id probably pour my heart out to him and ask him to leave his wife for me...heh..heh...*nervous laughter*
                            I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                              Meanwhile, is anyone else having trouble thinking of McKay as Rodney though?
                              I don't think I'll ever call him anything but 'McKay', yet 'Rodney' seems to be a "right" first name for him. Still, it sounds strange when he is adressed as 'Rodney' somehow...
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It's the pronunciation that is going to bug me I think. Do they pronounce it properly in Atlantis (so it sounds like Mac-Aye) or do they pronounce it incorrectly so rhymes with Mac- Hay.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X