No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if McKay will make any references to Carter in Atlantis when he and the other SG-A peeps are having a chat, stranded at the bottom of an ocean or some such place.
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I hope so. And even if he doesn't mention her I know he'll be thinking of her
      sigpic

Comment

I think it would seem like there was something missing from his character if there wasn't the slightest mention or reference to Sam. They said they were going to use some SG-1 background...
        I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Wow, that would be an interesting pair. Remember the first time they met in 48 Hours. "I have a fatal weakness of being attracted to dumb blondes...." ha ha ha ha ha ha.
          O'Neill: Right, Carter you can fix it right?
          Carter: Uh, I don't know sir...
          O'Neill: What?!!??
          -From Red Sky

Comment

Wonder how smart a smart blonde would be if Carter is dumb =)

Comment

I've never seen "redemption" or "48 hours", and im absolutely dying to see them! Ive just recently become a stargate fan because of David Hewlett and im so looking foreword to Atlantis, but I want to see McKay in SG-1 damnit!
              I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

Comment

haven't heard much about Mackay after the Atlantis opener...no buzz on the internet at all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                  haven't heard much about Mackay after the Atlantis opener...no buzz on the internet at all.
                  I think people have been talking about the other characters more because we kind of already *know* McKay.

McKay was great, snarky and cute in that geeky way of his. He got some of the best lines in the premiere and some amusing interaction with a couple of the other new characters - he also got stuck with a lot of the exposition, threatening to be the technobabble king of Atlantis. In short McKay was what I expected, but I really didn't learn anything new about him (except that he had a cat....oops, do I need spoiler space for that???). That's not unexpected as they were introducing a whole bunch of new characters to the audience.

And to be on-topic. No Sam/McKay in the Atlantis premiere. Guess we'll have to wait for that cross-over episode.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

A cat? Now I would never have picked MacKay as a cat person. But since we already know that Sam is, it's just more evidence of their compatibility isn't it?!
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler space for important things would be appreciated as I was a complete idiot and forgot to set my VCR and it'll be a bit before the copy my friend mailed me gets here. Cats aren't impor- er... cats are important, but I don't mind that particular spoiler. *eyes cat staring up at her and smiles nervously*

As soon as I've seen the premiere, you can bet I'll be gushing all over everywhere about McKay. I think David tried to get him to Gatecon, but there was a scheduling conflict or something. *sigh* Ditto his attempts with "Luke". Our Davey is such a nice boy, trying to get all these people for me. Us. Trying to get all these people for us.

I'll be curious to see if McKay ever does reference Sam at some point, imagining her pining away for him or something. I suppose it's too much to hope that Sam would make a comment about McKay in SG-1, huh? *sigh*

Comment

Er, cat spoiler?
                        I thought it was fitting that while everyone else was bidding farewell to their loved ones, McKay was dropping off his cat! Too bad Sam couldn't be on the premiere - he could have left the cat with her ...

Comment

Oh, the woman he was giving the cat to was just his cat-sitter! For some reason I thought it was his wife or girlfriend or something, which did confuse me. The cat-sitter makes more sense. Aww...now I feel bad for Rodney because all he has is a cat. I just wanna hug him!

Comment

Ok I'm coming in a little late here but I have to admit, I do see chemistry between these two. I just love the way they relate - or don't relate as may be the case. They just have a beautifully antagonistic relationship.

Of course, for the record, my main preference is Sam/Jack. But Sam/McKay has certain attractions. I was really enjoying the banter and UST. Anyone who can no only understand what she's saying but tell her she's wrong...gotto love him.

Alas, it appears it is not to be tho, considering he's moved lightyears away to the studio next door...

Meanwhile, is anyone else having trouble thinking of McKay as Rodney though?

Comment

Guys, I'm going to jump ship here. No more Sam/Rodney ship for me.
                              This may well be a major WAG (wild assed guess), but after Rising I see Weir/McKay ship. Sorry.
                              Slainte
                              "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
                                Guys, I'm going to jump ship here. No more Sam/Rodney ship for me.
                                This may well be a major WAG (wild assed guess), but after Rising I see Weir/McKay ship. Sorry.
                                Y'know, it'd be nice if you'd put some spoiler warnings in. I haven't seen the ep yet. Bad enough I got spoiled about the cat, which I don't consider very central to the story, but stuff which could be important? Please warn before you say stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X