Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign me up! Gah, I despise Kirking....I believe Sheppard is most wholeheartedly responsible for 90% of the Kirking in Atlantis, even Mckay recognises it...*shudders*

Note: I havan't seen Grace under pressure OR the Tower yet, don't spoil it for me!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Spoilers for The Tower

Spoiler:
      At first I was willing to let it slide with the pinching John thing, but what the heck was with the bedroom scene? Do they seriously have to go that far with Kirking?

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
        Spoilers for The Tower

Spoiler:
        At first I was willing to let it slide with the pinching John thing, but what the heck was with the bedroom scene? Do they seriously have to go that far with Kirking?
        Spoiler:
        They really went a step too far this time with the whole naked thing.

Comment

-stands by staring at the spoiler tags- I can't...read that....it would bounce off my anti-spoiler Sig...plus my personnal vendetta! Anyway, boo for Kirking!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            then poor sam has a boyfriend on every planet (most of which die )
            While I would love to be with Sam, it would suck being killed shortly after meeting her. LOL.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
            24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
            Both heavily admined.

Comment

Hi everyone *waves*

I am with you on this. While ONE girl ONE episode ONE season I have nothing against (well, I do, but if its done correctly it can also lead to some good character development which I have nothing against) this many chicks that Shep has had so far is bad. Very bad. What's the count up to so far?

The chick from The Tower
              Spoiler:
              rather annoyed me. She was just so air-headed. Its kind of insulting to the character IMO.

Lovebar made by natz099
              My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

I am here to vent my frustration at the rather unfortunate direction Sheppard's character seems to be taking. I am finding this whole Sheppard as Kirk Jr increasingly tiresome and am here to express my complete loathing for this entire concept. I was willing to accept Sanctuary as an aberration and Epiphany as an inevitable result of loneliness but this persistent angle is becoming a harbinger of Sheppard's doom as a character that the audience is supposed to take seriously. We all have eyes... we know what a good looker the man is... there isn't any need to push the point on a regular basis. I am sick and tired of women hitting on Sheppard because it relegates the character to being an intergalactic Lothario/Casanova. I had such high hopes for the character... he could be so much more. Not to mention an unmitigated waste of Joe Flanigan's abilities.

What happened to the closet mathematical genius with the ATA gene and the mysterious backstory? I hope he comes back soon... I miss him terribly
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Sheppard has done more "Kirking" in season 2 than Kirk did in three years of "Trek".

The Tower's
                  Spoiler:
                  naked hot babe in the bedroom scene, and the "did they, or didn't they" question along with the, "did he or did he not lie to Weir"
                  has finally pushed me to the edge of even liking Sheppard (who has been my fav since day one).

The whole bit of making out with every hot gal who is at least 15 years younger than Sheppard is OLD already! One more scene with Shep in bed with alien-babe-of-the-week, and I'll be first in line to sign the petition to ship Flanigan off to the set of, "The OC"! Then we can have our INTERESTING characters engage in true science fiction adventure stories.

*can you tell I'm stressed and haven't finished my Christmas shopping? *

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    What happened to the closet mathematical genius with the ATA gene and the mysterious backstory?
                    Lost in the editing process?

As much as I hate to say it, I'm starting to dislike Sheppard. It's as if TPTB want to effectively undo everything honourable he's done in Season 1 (Storm/Eye, Siege 1,2,3) by making him Kirk at every corner. Okay, Sanctuary did make me angry, but I'm willing to accept it as a mishap: a Star Trek writer getting the characterisation wrong. Epiphany: I was never a big fan of actors writing episodes *shudders at CJ's episodes*. His behaviour in The Tower was despicable though.
                    Spoiler:
                    Is every cheerleader/space skank going to sleep with him? What's with this ambiguity "did he or did he not"? Why is there a portion of the script missing where he says to Otho he sent her to her room after she came onto him?

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Sheppard has done more "Kirking" in season 2 than Kirk did in three years of "Trek".
                    Who knows, maybe in 50 years it will be called "Shepping".

Comment

I forgot to say the last time, that you can set me on this list too

out of 35 episodes... 3 of them Kirking-Sheppard that's nearly 10%

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka

I'd throw "Aurora" into the mix too.
                        Spoiler:
                        Shep was sure ooogling and flirting with that first officer until he found out she was a Wraith.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka

Oh my goodness. Put a number to anything and it seems even more serious...10% is a LOT. Wow. Plus, when was the last time any of the other characters got any attention from the opposite sex (besides "GUP", which doesn't really count...)? Not good.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Right. We have 31 signed up members, plus a few anonymous supporters.

Thanks for the new lease of life! I was worried the Shippers and Thunkers had buried us for good. Speaking of which....

Thanks to Trupi, I think we may have found a guest band to appear at STAKS functions.

"Mistress Boobs McCleavage and the Vancouver Brats"
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Right. We have 31 signed up members, plus a few anonymous supporters.

Thanks for the new lease of life! I was worried the Shippers and Thunkers had buried us for good. Speaking of which....

Thanks to Trupi, I think we may have found a guest band to appear at STAKS functions.

"Mistress Boobs McCleavage and the Vancouver Brats"
                              signed up? You mean just joining the discussion?

I almost forgot about the Aurora!
                              But it WAS a wraith, so it was kind of disturbing

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                I'd throw "Aurora" into the mix too.
                                Spoiler:
                                Shep was sure ooogling and flirting with that first officer until he found out she was a Wraith.
                                And
                                Spoiler:
                                The Hive. A hot alien Wraith worshipper who nearly leads our hero astray by "sharing warmth" and throwing pheromones at him. How original.
                                And thanks Dorka, the 10% figure gives a whole new meaning to the word overbearing.
                                Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                In a way I'd like to see this thread die only because it would mean Kirking has stopped. But fear not, as long as we're being fed with episodes like The Tower, S.T.A.K.S. will keep going.

Comment

Working...
                                X