• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fic Rec #12 - Missing Breath, by Perspi
    Word Count:
    ~3800
    Rating: PG-13/Gen
    Characters: Ronon, Teyla, John, Rodney. Ronon POV.
    Spoilers: Draws from canon through "Midway."
    Warnings: Future-fic, made AU by events in "The Kindred." Minor character death.
    Author's Summary: Teyla helped make a home for Ronon, once. In the face of loss and grief, Ronon returns the favor.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
      @Maxbo

Great post! You insights were well worth the wait.

@ Everybody

I don't know if anyone wants to keep doing this, but if we do, would it be alright to start from the beginning. I've been wanting to do a complete rewatch of SGA, and this will give me the incentive to do it.

Here are a list of the Teyla-centric episodes that we all decided on:

Spoiler:
      Season One

Rising 1&2
      Suspicion
      Letters From Pegasus
      The Gift
      The Siege 1&2

Season Two

The Siege 3
      Conversion
      The Long Goodbye
      Critical Mass
      Michael

Season Three

Sateda
      Phantoms
      Echoes
      The Ark
      Sunday
      Submersion
      First Strike
      (Any others?)

Season Four

Adrift/Lifeline
      Doppelganger
      Tabula Rasa
      Missing
      The Seer
      Spoils of War
      Quarantine
      The Kindred Pt. 1 (we can add pt. 2 as well since it's a 2 part episode)

Season Five

Search and Rescue
      The Daedalus Variations
      Ghost in the Machine
      The Queen
      Prodigal
      Enemy At The Gate (added simply because it's the series finale)

IDK, it might be good to try this again.

I'll go ahead and watch Rising 1+2 in the next few days and post answers to the general questions:

1. What was your favorite Teyla Emmagan scene in this episode, and why?

2. How did Teyla grow as a character in this episode, or how do you think she could have grown by this point in the series?

3. What is your overall impression of Teyla Emmagan in this episode and at this point in the series? Please reference her in terms of team dynamic, bonds with other characters, her background, significance, etc.

4. Writing Rating (Scale of 1-5)

Thanks for the pics and the other links and additions everyone!!!

Cheers.

I know that I wasn't here when this was discussed, but why aren't you doing all the episodes? Even if Teyla didn't have a great role in all of the episodes, *shakes head in bewilderment* I think it would give us an opportunity to discuss even further how she could have been used and come up with some great alternatives and maybe even fics of our own or missing scenes.

Just a thought.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Fic Rec #12 - Missing Breath, by Perspi
        Word Count:
        ~3800
        Rating: PG-13/Gen
        Characters: Ronon, Teyla, John, Rodney. Ronon POV.
        Spoilers: Draws from canon through "Midway."
        Warnings: Future-fic, made AU by events in "The Kindred." Minor character death.
        Author's Summary: Teyla helped make a home for Ronon, once. In the face of loss and grief, Ronon returns the favor.
        Kill, have your read all the fics you've posted? I've very little time, so it would be great if you have read them, if you could maybe Uh...rate them?....
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, I've read all of them. I wouldn't post anything I hadn't read - that's dangerous. I'm not quite sure what kind of rating system would be helpful though. I'm not trying to be difficult! I just.... the stuff I'm posting here is all stuff I think is top quality, but....what's top quality to me might not be to someone else. So I'm not sure how I could rate them. Like - I could do a five star rating, but I'm probably not going to be posting anything that I would rate less than four stars, so..... *shrugs* you tell me. What would be helpful to you?

BTW - Missing Breath - definitely a five star story. It's possibly my favorite Ronon/Teyla friendship story, and I think it's a plausible possible future if things had gone differently after Midway.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Hmmm....knowing that you wouldn't post anything that you didn't read or didn't consider top quality, that alone makes me feel a whole lot better.

So, forget what I said, and continue with your awesome postings.

You know what you could do for me....I don't read anything that has John or Teyla with another. I will read JT friendship, JT shippers, or team fics. But no pairing with any other among the two. Could you do that for me, if there are any pairing with Teyla or John so I don't read them. Maybe just right whose pairing is in the fic for me. That would help.
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                Hmmm....knowing that you wouldn't post anything that you didn't read or didn't consider top quality, that alone makes me feel a whole lot better.

So, forget what I said, and continue with your awesome postings.

You know what you could do for me....I don't read anything that has John or Teyla with another. I will read JT friendship, JT shippers, or team fics. But no pairing with any other among the two. Could you do that for me, if there are any pairing with Teyla or John so I don't read them. Maybe just right whose pairing is in the fic for me. That would help.
                Well, most of the fics I'm posting don't have any romantic pairing at all - they're just gen/team type fics. If there's a pairing, even a background pairing, I've been doing my best to indicate it so that people who aren't interested can avoid that. Did I miss one? I hope not. If I did, let me know.

Or are you meaning even friendship pairings?

Like Postcards for Jeannie - that fic
                Spoiler:
                has Teyla temporarily in a pairing with an original male character (don't worry - it doesn't last). But I made sure to note that in the warnings.

Does that help? I hope so!
                - Life after Stargate -
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, it does...I've only scanned your entries because I haven't had time to read anything, really. But once the kids go back to school, I'll have time.

And so if you are doing it...That's PERFECT!

*hugs* Sorry if I'm confusing you.
                  sigpic

Comment

*hugs back* Absolutely no problem at all. I just want the recs to be as beneficial as possible.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

[/spoilers]

I know that I wasn't here when this was discussed, but why aren't you doing all the episodes? Even if Teyla didn't have a great role in all of the episodes, *shakes head in bewilderment* I think it would give us an opportunity to discuss even further how she could have been used and come up with some great alternatives and maybe even fics of our own or missing scenes.

Just a thought.
                      I think we decided not to do all of the episodes because it's a lot of episodes. IDK, the number of episodes where people felt that Teyla was used is somewhere around 30, maybe? That way it doesn't seem like too much. Also, for certain episodes that are really only about other characters (Vegas, Grace Under Pressure, etc.) There wouldn't really be anything Teyla related to talk about.

But if everyone wants to do a complete rewatch, I'm all for it. That'll work too.

Comment

[/spoilers]

Just a thought.
                        hmm goo idea but I'm not sure if I can sit thorugh some eps like Sanctuary, Travellery, Epiphany etc

Eps I will definitely never watch again - The Defiant One,Sanctuary, Epiphany, The Real World, Travellers, The Shrine, The Lost Tribe, Inquisition, Brain Freeze, Identity, Vegas

Oh sorry my mistake, Teyla wasn't in Brain Freeze...Uh I mean Brain Storm or Vegas or most of season 5 unless they needed a plot device

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Well, most of the fics I'm posting don't have any romantic pairing at all - they're just gen/team type fics. If there's a pairing, even a background pairing, I've been doing my best to indicate it so that people who aren't interested can avoid that. Did I miss one? I hope not. If I did, let me know.

Or are you meaning even friendship pairings?

Like Postcards for Jeannie - that fic
                        Spoiler:
                        has Teyla temporarily in a pairing with an original male character (don't worry - it doesn't last). But I made sure to note that in the warnings.

Does that help? I hope so!
                        Well I also like Teyla/Lorne and Teyla/Carson
                        sigpic

Comment

So I was going through my caps to upload The Storm onto PB and I noticed that Carson has the Saltire flag (Scottish flag for those who don't know ) on his uniform. Even though I like that it's the Saltire he's got, shouldn't he have had the Union Jack? Grodin had the Union Jack on his uniform and as far as I'm aware we don't have our own independence, we're still part of the United Kingdom. And contrary to popular belief the Union Jack is the flag of the United Kingdom, not England. So I would have thought that it would be the British flag he would wear
                          sigpic

Comment

You're right, it probably should have been the Union Jack, but for whatever reason, the Scottish flag just seems right on Carson. I like the Scottish flag.

Comment

LOL i love the line of little Teyla smilies, Jeyla

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                                You're right, it probably should have been the Union Jack, but for whatever reason, the Scottish flag just seems right on Carson. I like the Scottish flag.
                                Oh so do I Well of course I'm gonna love my own flag I was just curious why he had that and not the Union Jack
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X