Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    Linda, you are an evil, evil woman!
    Why thank you

    I've capped most of season 1. Only one's I haven't capped yet are "Sanctuary" (not looking forward to that one, it was crap ), "Before I sleep" (I actually loved that ep, there was just something about it), "The Brotherhood" (not looking forward to that either cause it was rubbish ) and "The Siege"
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by maxbo View Post
      Real life has been kicking my butt, but I finally finished my Teyla-centric Sateda re-watch. I see that I have several pages to catch up on in this thread. Cool.

      Sateda Rewatch

      What was your favorite Teyla Emmagan scene in this episode, and why?

      The scene with Teyla and John in the cafeteria on the Daedalus was my favorite because it was one of the best friendship moments of the series for me, and this scene was made even better because it occurred in an episode that was full of friendship moments. At first, Teyla seemed to be distracted by her concern about Ronon, however, by the end of that conversation, I think she had lightened up and was teasing John a bit and it was good to see this rare glimpse of her teasing, dry humor.

      I also enjoyed this scene because it confirmed that, even though Teyla was within the inner circle of Atlantis, she was still keenly aware that she and Ronon had identities that were different and distinct from those of their Atlantis counterparts. As a result, retained a lingering doubt about how committed the SGC was to going the extra distance to help her and Ronon if they ever got into a tough situation when they weren’t with John or Rodney.

      That scene was also a nice follow-up to her issues with Bates in Season 1 and to that scene in Season 2’s Trinity, where she told Ronon not tell the Lanteans that he had killed his traitorous former commanding officer, because they wouldn’t understand the Pegasus galaxy method of rough justice. I also love that although she had concerns about the SGC’s commitment to her and Ronon that she didn’t doubt Sheppard’s personal commitment. Nor did she doubt the personal commitment of the others that she was close to – like Rodney, Elizabeth and Carson.


      How did Teyla grow as a character in this episode, or how do you think she could have grown by this point in the series?


      At first, I didn’t think there had been any character growth for Teyla in this episode, but now, I realize that it was interesting to see that although she was close to her team, she still harbored doubt about their ability to work around SGC, if needed.

      Teyla has a dry wit that the writers rarely utilized, so it was good to see her dryly tease Rodney in the beginning of the episode where she asked “How do you live?” in response to Rodney’s usual complaining and it was fun to see her tease John at the end of that scene in the Daedalus’s cafeteria, after she realized how bad he was about discussing his feelings.

      I would love to have seen more of this side of Teyla and believe that by this point, Season 3, that we should have seen plenty of examples of Teyla’s humor and of life from her perspective. I’ve always seen Teyla as a character who, for all of her innate kindness, doesn’t suffer fools gladly and as such, has very little patience with people who play games or won’t listen to reason. For instance, in season 1 she was coldly dismissive of Bates during her interview with Elizabeth because he had made it clear that he couldn’t be reasoned with. And, when Sora accused her of killing her father, at first Teyla tried to reason with her, but when that didn’t work, she didn’t dwell on it, she just committed to kicking Sora’s butt so that she could put a stop to Sora’s physical and verbal attacks.

      What is your overall impression of Teyla Emmagan in this episode and at this point in the series? Please reference her in terms of team dynamic, bonds with other characters, her background, significance, etc.

      I see Teyla as a pragmatist who continues to harbor hope that things could get better in the future, no matter how bleak things are in the present. From the first season, we discovered that Teyla and the Athosians formed their own opinions and didn’t blindly follow the will of others. I think Teyla decided early on that the Lanteans were the best hope for the peoples of the Pegasus galaxy and because of this; she stayed with them to fight the Wraith, even though she didn’t always agree with them.

      I think this episode did a good job in showing both how close Teyla was to her team and the people of Atlantis and that there was still a bit of doubt about how those who don’t live on Atlantis perceive her and Ronon. For instance, when she and John came through the gate after Ronon had bargained for their lives, there was no hesitation in Teyla about whether Elizabeth and Atlantis’ military would support going back to get Ronon. It was only when authority went outside of Atlantis that she became concerned.

      In this episode, I got the impression that if she had to, Teyla would have gone after Ronon on her own. And, I think that after her conversation with John she realized that he, Rodney and Carson would have found a way around the SGC and would have been right behind her, with Elizabeth’s support.

      Writing Rating (Scale of 1-5)

      5

      Sateda is one of my all-time favorite episodes, in addition to being my favorite character-centered episode because although it was a Ronon episode, the other characters weren’t left by the wayside.
      Great insights Maxbo...

      Thanks for the amazing caps everyone... loved them all...
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Thanks for the amazing caps everyone... loved them all...
        Even the bad hairdays?
        sigpic

        Comment


          @Maxbo

          Great post! You insights were well worth the wait.


          @ Everybody

          I don't know if anyone wants to keep doing this, but if we do, would it be alright to start from the beginning. I've been wanting to do a complete rewatch of SGA, and this will give me the incentive to do it.


          Here are a list of the Teyla-centric episodes that we all decided on:

          Season One

          Rising 1&2
          Suspicion
          Letters From Pegasus
          The Gift
          The Siege 1&2

          Season Two

          The Siege 3
          Conversion
          The Long Goodbye
          Critical Mass
          Michael

          Season Three

          Sateda
          Phantoms
          Echoes
          The Ark
          Sunday
          Submersion
          First Strike
          (Any others?)


          Season Four


          Adrift/Lifeline
          Doppelganger
          Tabula Rasa
          Missing
          The Seer
          Spoils of War
          Quarantine
          The Kindred Pt. 1 (we can add pt. 2 as well since it's a 2 part episode)

          Season Five

          Search and Rescue
          The Daedalus Variations
          Ghost in the Machine
          The Queen
          Prodigal
          Enemy At The Gate (added simply because it's the series finale)



          IDK, it might be good to try this again.

          I'll go ahead and watch Rising 1+2 in the next few days and post answers to the general questions:

          1. What was your favorite Teyla Emmagan scene in this episode, and why?

          2. How did Teyla grow as a character in this episode, or how do you think she could have grown by this point in the series?

          3. What is your overall impression of Teyla Emmagan in this episode and at this point in the series? Please reference her in terms of team dynamic, bonds with other characters, her background, significance, etc.

          4. Writing Rating (Scale of 1-5)


          Thanks for the pics and the other links and additions everyone!!!

          Cheers.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Even the bad hairdays?
            Well, we love Teyla on the good hair days, and through the bad.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
              @Maxbo

              Great post! You insights were well worth the wait.


              @ Everybody

              I don't know if anyone wants to keep doing this, but if we do, would it be alright to start from the beginning. I've been wanting to do a complete rewatch of SGA, and this will give me the incentive to do it.


              Here are a list of the Teyla-centric episodes that we all decided on:

              Season One

              Rising 1&2
              Suspicion
              Letters From Pegasus
              The Gift
              The Siege 1&2

              Season Two

              The Siege 3
              Conversion
              The Long Goodbye
              Critical Mass
              Michael

              Season Three

              Sateda
              Phantoms
              Echoes
              The Ark
              Sunday
              Submersion
              First Strike
              (Any others?)


              Season Four


              Adrift/Lifeline
              Doppelganger
              Tabula Rasa
              Missing
              The Seer
              Spoils of War
              Quarantine
              The Kindred Pt. 1 (we can add pt. 2 as well since it's a 2 part episode)

              Season Five

              Search and Rescue
              The Daedalus Variations
              Ghost in the Machine
              The Queen
              Prodigal
              Enemy At The Gate (added simply because it's the series finale)



              IDK, it might be good to try this again.

              I'll go ahead and watch Rising 1+2 in the next few days and post answers to the general questions:

              1. What was your favorite Teyla Emmagan scene in this episode, and why?

              2. How did Teyla grow as a character in this episode, or how do you think she could have grown by this point in the series?

              3. What is your overall impression of Teyla Emmagan in this episode and at this point in the series? Please reference her in terms of team dynamic, bonds with other characters, her background, significance, etc.

              4. Writing Rating (Scale of 1-5)


              Thanks for the pics and the other links and additions everyone!!!

              Cheers.
              Sure, it'll give me an excuse to cap the eps I haven't done But only if I can fast forward the Keller scenes And I'm off for a fortnight so plenty of time on my hands

              So how will we do it, a couple eps a week or something?

              Oh and I can't think of any other eps the now cause the footie is coming on

              Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
              Well, we love Teyla on the good hair days, and through the bad.
              Ah yes, "for better or for worse" Wait, isn't that part of a wedding vow
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Sure, it'll give me an excuse to cap the eps I haven't done But only if I can fast forward the Keller scenes And I'm off for a fortnight so plenty of time on my hands

                So how will we do it, a couple eps a week or something?
                Awesome!! So, it won't just be me. Keller doesn't come up until the last ep of season 3, so that's a huge plus for starting from the beginning!!! I rewatched The Queen yesterday and it literally didn't start to get good until Keller was out of the picture. Sad, but true. She's just not Carson - either one - the clone and the real version are muuuuuch better to me.

                2 episodes per week sounds great. Since Rising is already a 2 parter we can just watch the pilot this week and that'll work just fine.

                Oh and I can't think of any other eps the now cause the footie is coming on
                Have fun watching what we Americans call Soccer. I know the Brits take it seriously, and may your team WIN!!!


                Ah yes, "for better or for worse" Wait, isn't that part of a wedding vow
                *Loosens bow tie and steps down from the altar* You mean, I rented the chapel for nothing???

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                  Awesome!! So, it won't just be me. Keller doesn't come up until the last ep of season 3, so that's a huge plus for starting from the beginning!!! I rewatched The Queen yesterday and it literally didn't start to get good until Keller was out of the picture. Sad, but true. She's just not Carson - either one - the clone and the real version are muuuuuch better to me.
                  And what'dya know. I just re-uploaded the Teyla caps to PB *stomps foot* I WANT MY CARSON!!!! *pouts* Too much?

                  2 episodes per week sounds great. Since Rising is already a 2 parter we can just watch the pilot this week and that'll work just fine.
                  Aye rising counts as 2 eps


                  Have fun watching what we Americans call Soccer. I know the Brits take it seriously, and may your team WIN!!!
                  Oh yeah, I temporarily forgot you guys called it Soccer I'm actually quite surprised you knew I was tlaking about football (soccer )

                  Well Manchester United isn't my team, but I have a coupon on and all I'm waiting on is them to win so I can win £69 They're winning 2-0 the now at halftime


                  *Loosens bow tie and steps down from the altar* You mean, I rented the chapel for nothing???
                  Well........We could always get Little Lemming married
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    I'll be rewatching SGA anyways (probably still too soon after my genormous rewatch) for Secondary Women of Atlantis-purpose, and I'm about to start my Guide to the Athosians. So, I'll be watching all episodes in the coming weeks. I'll try to keep up though can't promise anything... seeing as I'm also watching MacLeod's Daughters, Warehouse 13 and random rewatches of episodes of random shows that star Claire Rankin.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Fic Rec #9 - Not Dead Yet, by Jadesfire2808
                      (Livejournal link) (AO3 link)
                      Word Count:
                      ~3,750
                      Rating: G/Gen
                      Characters: Teyla, Lorne. Teyla POV
                      Spoilers: Seasons 2-3
                      Summary: Teyla and Evan develop a tradition.
                      Last edited by Killdeer; 17 August 2010, 04:43 PM.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Fic Rec #10 - Cheating the Other Guy, by Friendshipper/Sholio
                        Word Count: ~2000
                        Rating: PG/gen
                        Characters: Sam, Teyla. Sam POV.
                        Spoilers: Early season four (after "Broken Ties", before "Missing")
                        Author's Summary: Sam and Teyla find themselves in a Western. Sort of. And Teyla seems to have accidentally sold her teammates to buy a ranch, but who can blame her.
                        Author's Notes: Title is from the old business joke, "We cheat the other guy and pass the savings on to you!"
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Kill, you are on a roll woman!!!!

                          I'm loving the idea AL4life. Go for it.

                          I can help with the caps too. At least the promo HD caps that I have. I haven't capped Season 1 or 2. Not yet.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                            Kill, you are on a roll woman!!!!

                            I'm loving the idea AL4life. Go for it.

                            I can help with the caps too. At least the promo HD caps that I have. I haven't capped Season 1 or 2. Not yet.
                            I'm way ahead of you, I have most of season 1 capped You can help yourself if you like if you wanna post caps for said eps The only one's I've uploaded are the Teyla caps so far though
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                              Here are a list of the Teyla-centric episodes that we all decided on:

                              Season One

                              Rising 1&2
                              Suspicion
                              Letters From Pegasus
                              The Gift
                              The Siege 1&2

                              Season Two

                              The Siege 3
                              Conversion
                              The Long Goodbye
                              Critical Mass
                              Michael

                              Season Three

                              Sateda
                              Phantoms
                              Echoes
                              The Ark
                              Sunday
                              Submersion
                              First Strike
                              (Any others?)


                              Season Four


                              Adrift/Lifeline
                              Doppelganger
                              Tabula Rasa
                              Missing
                              The Seer
                              Spoils of War
                              Quarantine
                              The Kindred Pt. 1 (we can add pt. 2 as well since it's a 2 part episode)

                              Season Five

                              Search and Rescue
                              The Daedalus Variations
                              Ghost in the Machine
                              The Queen
                              Prodigal
                              Enemy At The Gate (added simply because it's the series finale)



                              IDK, it might be good to try this again.
                              What about Trinity from season 2, I know the A story is all about Rodney but the B story with Ronon/Teyla was so much better Also what about Vengeance from season 3, what? I liked that ep
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Fic Rec #11 - Tie A Scarlet Ribbon, by Friendshipper/Sholio
                                Word Count:
                                ~2200
                                Rating: PG/Gen
                                Characters: Teyla
                                Spoilers: Through Lifeline.
                                Author's Summary: Lifeline AU. "If we don't come back, you have to get them in the jumpers." But still, she waited as long as she could. A Teyla-centric AU tag for Lifeline. What if they didn't come back?
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X