Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    What a pretty bow

Books? We have books? And it actually involves Teyla? hmm interesting, I might just have to check those out

I feel sorry for Rachel and the guy that played Kannan, he never got a chance to show his acting skills, all he was allowed to do was stand there like a statue
    *makes self comfy * What pretty soft hair

We have to wait until my 105th for the first of the coming books though, but we have fanfics so lets work with what we have. I mean come on, many fanfic writers out there have lots of work to do at times when writing, wouldn't surprise me in the least if any of the writers got an eyefull of our writing.

Speaking of Canoe as I like ot call him, we never did get to hear him say anything did we? Poor fellow, I'll say this though, during ALL of season three and mostly Storm/Eye of season one, Teyla was SEXY in her fight scenes

Could not help but laugh as Rodney tried to be gung ho, and he dropped his ammo from his gun. Teyla's arrival was convient!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Anyone going to Stargate Worlds in Jan, in London? Rachel's going to be there
      Great news! Thanks for sharing Cazz.

Ooh OUCH Careful

Books? We have books? And it actually involves Teyla? hmm interesting, I might just have to check those out

Well my wrist hurts like hell and my grans has been very sick but otherwise I'm fine

I don't know if i'll have a job by January
      Next time give me a little warning will you.

I'm glad Blue filled you in about the books.

Now what happened to your wrist? Has their been any improvement with your grans. And how is your mom?

Ninja, sorry to hear about your job. I do hope it doesn't come to that!

Well if they gave Teyla/Kannan some kind of development, heck any kind of development It wouldn't have bothered me so much. But they just dropped him in there from no where and that's my biggest problem with this whole thing. Rachel deserved better writing than this...This....Disaster. They payed plenty of time with Rodney/Keller. If they wanted to develop a relationship they had one right under their noses they could have actually developed properly but instead Teyla and Kannan got kicked to the curb so they could play with their favourite couple (Rodney/Keller) But then of course, after the way Teyla has been treated over the years I shouldn't really be that surprised

I feel sorry for Rachel and the guy that played Kannan, he never got a chance to show his acting skills, all he was allowed to do was stand there like a statue
      So you do know how I feel about this - right? It doesn't bear repeating when you did such a good job of saying it.

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
      Okay, I finally have time to catch up.

I decided to go about this challenge in a different way and list my favorite Teyla moments in 3 episodes that haven't been mentioned yet.

Episode Name: Rising Part 1
      Season: One
      Scene: The "we mastered fire long ago" scene.

Summary: This was the scene where Teyla had taken Sheppard to the cave in the ancient city on Athos and when they needed light, he offered to light the torch with his lighter, but Teyla stopped him by pulling out a rather advanced looking lighter while informing him that "we mastered fire long ago."

Why I liked this scene: I loved how Teyla managed to communicate that she and her people weren't as primitive as they appeared in a calm and decisive manner.

Episode Name: Epihany
      Season: Two
      Scene: The scene where she determined how much time had passed where Sheppard was.

Summary: Rodney had left to get help from Atlantis and while he was gone, Teyla and Ronon were monitoring Sheppard's situation. When Rodney returned, Teyla stopped him in his tracks by showing him that she was perfectly capable of problem solving on her own when she showed him how she had determined how much time had passed for Sheppard.

Why I liked this scene: Loved how she inadvertently got back at Rodney for that Conan and Xena comment that she wasn't even aware that he had made.

Episode Name: Daedalus Variations
      Season: Five
      Scene: All of the Teyla scenes

Summary/Why I liked this scene: Okay, I'll admit that I just flat out enjoyed this entire episode because it was great to see the team back together and it was also great that Teyla had enjoyable scenes with each of her team mates. I love the scene where Sheppard was surprised to realize that Teyla could operate some of the Daedalus' controls, loved her conversation with Ronon about their duplicates and I loved her scenes with Rodney in the engine room where she once again proved what a quick study she is.

After several of my Teyla favorites were already mentioned, it was interesting to see how many other Teyla favorite moments I could come up with and I'm pleased to say that there were/are several. I'm sure that when I finally find the time to have that SGA marathon that I'll come up with many more. Now that the series is over, I think I'll be able to watch the episodes without hoping for more Teyla focus and will therefore be able to fully appreciate how much Rachel brought this character to life for me.
      Maxbo, those are some of my favorite moments too. And you are right she did get back at him about the Conan and Xena's comment.

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post

Speaking of Canoe as I like ot call him, we never did get to hear him say anything did we? Poor fellow, I'll say this though, during ALL of season three and mostly Storm/Eye of season one, Teyla was SEXY in her fight scenes

Could not help but laugh as Rodney tried to be gung ho, and he dropped his ammo from his gun. Teyla's arrival was convient!!
      I believe he had a few lines in Broken Ties, Search and Rescue and Kindred. Like I said a few. And oh yeah that was a funny scene.

And now for another one of my favorite Teyla's moment...this scene from Suspicion...

INTERVIEW ROOM. Weir and Bates are still sitting at the table. Weir looks up to a marine guarding the doors.

WEIR: Send in whoever's next, please.

(The marine pushes open a panel on the door. Teyla is waiting outside and comes in. Weir stands up when she sees her.)

WEIR: Teyla. I wasn't expecting you.

TEYLA: I was surprised to be left off your list.

WEIR: I didn't feel it was necessary in your case.

TEYLA (sitting down): On the contrary, you should have spoken to me first.

WEIR (sitting down): You're right. I should have.

TEYLA: I can tell you anything you need to know about my people.

BATES: Is it possible you don't know them all as well as you think?

(Teyla looks at him for a moment, then deliberately turns to speak to Weir.)

TEYLA: I empathise with you, Doctor Weir. (Bates looks annoyed at being ignored.) As leaders, we are often forced to make difficult decisions in the interests of those we serve, but many of my fellow Athosians are not so ... understanding.

WEIR: I know. But there's nothing I can do about that now. People can suspect my motives for these meetings all they want, but you and I need to agree that we have a problem. I have to do whatever I can to get to the bottom of it, and right now that means sitting down and talking with every single person here.

TEYLA: You should know there is talk of leaving Atlantis.

(Weir looks at her in shock and sits back in her chair.)

WEIR: I hope it doesn't come to that.

(Teyla nods, then stands up.)

TEYLA: Not all change is for the worse.
      sigpic
      Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
      Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
      WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
        And now for another one of my favorite Teyla's moment...this scene from Suspicion...

INTERVIEW ROOM. Weir and Bates are still sitting at the table. Weir looks up to a marine guarding the doors.

(The marine pushes open a panel on the door. Teyla is waiting outside and comes in. Weir stands up when she sees her.)

TEYLA: I empathise with you, Doctor Weir. (Bates looks annoyed at being ignored.) As leaders, we are often forced to make difficult decisions in the interests of those we serve, but many of my fellow Athosians are not so ... understanding.

WEIR: I know. But there's nothing I can do about that now. People can suspect my motives for these meetings all they want, but you and I need to agree that we have a problem. I have to do whatever I can to get to the bottom of it, and right now that means sitting down and talking with every single person here.

LOVE this quote. I love how she ignores Bates, but then he totally deserved it. He's always blaming the athosians for everything that goes wrong in Atlantis.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
        My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
          *makes self comfy * What pretty soft hair

We have to wait until my 105th for the first of the coming books though, but we have fanfics so lets work with what we have. I mean come on, many fanfic writers out there have lots of work to do at times when writing, wouldn't surprise me in the least if any of the writers got an eyefull of our writing.

I have quite thick hair

Next time give me a little warning will you.

I'm glad Blue filled you in about the books.

Now what happened to your wrist? Has their been any improvement with your grans. And how is your mom?

Ninja, sorry to hear about your job. I do hope it doesn't come to that!

So you do know how I feel about this - right? It doesn't bear repeating when you did such a good job of saying it.
          Okay will do

Yep she did, I didn't know about these books.

It's the same wrist I had problems with before, something about the tendons in it *shrugs* It's been okay apart from the last few days where it's got really painful My gran is doing much better thank you She's still pretty weak though but that'll come when she starts eating a little more each day. My mum is just waiting on a Physio appointment for her shoulder and she got some different pills from the doc for the pain.

I hope it picks up after Christmas but it doesn't look good at the moment.

Yep I know how you feel about it...Great minds think alike

I liked that scene. It's a pity we didn't get more Weir/Teyla scenes
          sigpic

Comment

I agree, they worked well together Their differences complimented each other.
            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I agree, they worked well together Their differences complimented each other.
              I think they could have become good friends but unfortunately we didn't get enough scenes between them for it to develop Just one in a long line of missed opportunities
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                LOVE this quote. I love how she ignores Bates, but then he totally deserved it. He's always blaming the athosians for everything that goes wrong in Atlantis.
                I do too!

Okay will do

Yep she did, I didn't know about these books.

It's the same wrist I had problems with before, something about the tendons in it *shrugs* It's been okay apart from the last few days where it's got really painful My gran is doing much better thank you She's still pretty weak though but that'll come when she starts eating a little more each day. My mum is just waiting on a Physio appointment for her shoulder and she got some different pills from the doc for the pain.

I hope it picks up after Christmas but it doesn't look good at the moment.

Yep I know how you feel about it...Great minds think alike

Yeah, you kind of been MIA when the news came out. I am optimistic that we get some much need development for Teyla and the other characters and the team in general.

Oh, no. It just started to bother you again like that? You know what can also irritate your wrist, hand and fingers? The clicking of the mouse. I have to switch hands when I feel my wrist starting to bother me. Wonderful news about your gran. So the pills are at least helping mom with the pain? I wish you and your health and strength girl.

Gosh, Ninja. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Yes they do

Me too. Rachel and Torri if you listen to the earlier commentaries had such greater banter. In fact the earlier commentaries were the most funniest in IMO.

Mini pic spam...

Okay another scene from Suspicion…I like this scene and the other previous scene, and the episode in general for the control Teyla keep through out. Although, she was upset…she didn’t argue with Weir or Sheppard. She kept her cool and dealt with both of them rationally…calmly and direct even with the questionable treatment given to her and her people by Weir and the others. And IMO that last line "Not all change is for the worse." that she said to Weir had a outlining meaning to it.

Scene...

GATEROOM. Teyla comes in through a side door and heads for the stairs. Two marines are standing guard partway up the stairs. As Teyla approaches them, one of them holds his hand out to her.

MARINE: Sorry, ma'am, you can't come up.

TEYLA: I'm on my way to see Doctor Weir.

(She tries to pass him but he holds her back.)

MARINE: That area's off limits.

TEYLA: Since when?

(Just then, Sheppard trots down the stairs to her.)

TEYLA: I believe there has been some sort of misunderstanding. I ... (she looks up as Weir and McKay walk across the top of the stairs towards the Control Room and both of them glance at her in an embarrassed fashion before heading on) ... was unaware a meeting had been called. (She looks at Sheppard, bewildered.)

SHEPPARD: Let's take a walk.

(They go to an outdoor balcony.)

TEYLA: What is happening?

SHEPPARD: There may be a security leak on Atlantis.

TEYLA: Are you certain?

SHEPPARD: Well, not certain certain but pretty ... certain. It means we're going to have to take temporary precautions.

TEYLA: Such as?

SHEPPARD: Well, like, uh, suspending Gate travel, tightening security ... getting to know your people a little better.

TEYLA: You suspect an Athosian?

SHEPPARD: Doctor Weir wants to meet ‘em, that's all. It's not personal. Well, well, I mean it is, in the sense that she wants to meet them all personally ...

TEYLA: You're aware of the horrors generations of my people have faced at the hands of the Wraith, and yet you would still question their loyalty?

SHEPPARD: Come on, Teyla, that's not fair. You've got people running around Atlantis that's she's never even met.

TEYLA: I know each and every one of them. I would stake my life on their innocence.

SHEPPARD: OK. Well, perhaps you've noticed that every time we step through the Stargate, bad guys try to kill us, and I'm getting a little tired of it. How ‘bout you?

TEYLA: That does not mean ...

SHEPPARD: Look, all we're asking for is a little co-operation, that's all.

(Teyla looks at him for a long moment. Sheppard nods to her encouragingly.)

TEYLA (formally): You shall have it. (She glares at him and walks off.)
                sigpic
                Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

*cringe* Not the best Shep-Teyla moment.
                  Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                  Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Yeah, you kind of been MIA when the news came out. I am optimistic that we get some much need development for Teyla and the other characters and the team in general.

Oh, no. It just started to bother you again like that? You know what can also irritate your wrist, hand and fingers? The clicking of the mouse. I have to switch hands when I feel my wrist starting to bother me. Wonderful news about your gran. So the pills are at least helping mom with the pain? I wish you and your health and strength girl.

Gosh, Ninja. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Yes they do

Me too. Rachel and Torri if you listen to the earlier commentaries had such greater banter. In fact the earlier commentaries were the most funniest in IMO.

Okay another scene from Suspicion…I like this scene and the other previous scene, and the episode in general for the control Teyla keep through out. Although, she was upset…she didn’t argue with Weir or Sheppard. She kept her cool and dealt with both of them rationally…calmly and direct even with the questionable treatment given to her and her people by Weir and the others. And IMO that last line "Not all change is for the worse." that she said to Weir had a outlining meaning to it.

Scene...

GATEROOM. Teyla comes in through a side door and heads for the stairs. Two marines are standing guard partway up the stairs. As Teyla approaches them, one of them holds his hand out to her.

MARINE: Sorry, ma'am, you can't come up.

TEYLA: I'm on my way to see Doctor Weir.

(She tries to pass him but he holds her back.)

MARINE: That area's off limits.

TEYLA: Since when?

(Just then, Sheppard trots down the stairs to her.)

TEYLA: I believe there has been some sort of misunderstanding. I ... (she looks up as Weir and McKay walk across the top of the stairs towards the Control Room and both of them glance at her in an embarrassed fashion before heading on) ... was unaware a meeting had been called. (She looks at Sheppard, bewildered.)

SHEPPARD: Let's take a walk.

(They go to an outdoor balcony.)

TEYLA: What is happening?

SHEPPARD: There may be a security leak on Atlantis.

TEYLA: Are you certain?

SHEPPARD: Well, not certain certain but pretty ... certain. It means we're going to have to take temporary precautions.

TEYLA: Such as?

SHEPPARD: Well, like, uh, suspending Gate travel, tightening security ... getting to know your people a little better.

TEYLA: You suspect an Athosian?

SHEPPARD: Doctor Weir wants to meet ‘em, that's all. It's not personal. Well, well, I mean it is, in the sense that she wants to meet them all personally ...

TEYLA: You're aware of the horrors generations of my people have faced at the hands of the Wraith, and yet you would still question their loyalty?

SHEPPARD: Come on, Teyla, that's not fair. You've got people running around Atlantis that's she's never even met.

TEYLA: I know each and every one of them. I would stake my life on their innocence.

SHEPPARD: OK. Well, perhaps you've noticed that every time we step through the Stargate, bad guys try to kill us, and I'm getting a little tired of it. How ‘bout you?

TEYLA: That does not mean ...

SHEPPARD: Look, all we're asking for is a little co-operation, that's all.

(Teyla looks at him for a long moment. Sheppard nods to her encouragingly.)

TEYLA (formally): You shall have it. (She glares at him and walks off.)

I was MIA or my brain was MIA?

It's my left wrist so it's not the mouse that's bothering it. You know it's the weirdest thing, It started getting very painful pretty quickly and was like that for a few days, it was very stiff to move and then I woke up one day and it was fine I may have just done something that aggravated it.

So do I It's not a bad place to work, the folks I work beside are good for the most part.

Well you know, If it didn't revolve around a certain arrogant doctor they weren't interested

Ohhhhhh I thought Teyla was ready to deck someone in this scene, I wouldn't have blamed her if she did I mean what the hell gives them the right to tell folks what to do. They aren't even from the PG, Teyla and her people are they they have the balls to more or less say that her people are collaborators??? Boy I so wanted Teyla to tell them to go to hell!!! It's always the same, the earthlings know everything, the PG residents are just idiotic uneducated neanderthals
                    sigpic

Comment

It's my left wrist so it's not the mouse that's bothering it. You know it's the weirdest thing, It started getting very painful pretty quickly and was like that for a few days, it was very stiff to move and then I woke up one day and it was fine I may have just done something that aggravated it.
                      Oh wow, you too. I hurt my left wrist somehow too. It's some kind of sprain. One day it won't hurt at all and then the next it hurts like crazy. Not to mention it's like -35 degrees Celsius here so that's not helping to heal my wrist either.

I hope both of our wrists heal soon.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                      My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                        *cringe* Not the best Shep-Teyla moment.
                        I know. I think that is why I like it.

I was MIA or my brain was MIA?

So do I It's not a bad place to work, the folks I work beside are good for the most part.

Well you know, If it didn't revolve around a certain arrogant doctor they weren't interested

Ohhhhhh I thought Teyla was ready to deck someone in this scene, I wouldn't have blamed her if she did I mean what the hell gives them the right to tell folks what to do. They aren't even from the PG, Teyla and her people are they they have the balls to more or less say that her people are collaborators??? Boy I so wanted Teyla to tell them to go to hell!!! It's always the same, the earthlings know everything, the PG residents are just idiotic uneducated neanderthals
                        LOL!

Weird. Yeah, you may have. Maybe slept on it or something. But the most important thing is that it is feeling better now.

For the most?

Yep! Tis true tis true.

Well she sure looked like she was ready to. Same here. I do think that Bates was the one who stir the mistrust as it where. I know what you mean. She didn't tell them to go to hell, but I do think she got her point across. And she ignored Bates which just pissed him off. And "the earthlings know everything" isn't that the norm with most movies or tv show?

SGAFirenity, gosh I hope your wrist is fine too.

So I figure I would do some X-mas siggies...

sigpic

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Rachel's cancelled the con in London

RL christmas sig:
                          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                            Oh wow, you too. I hurt my left wrist somehow too. It's some kind of sprain. One day it won't hurt at all and then the next it hurts like crazy. Not to mention it's like -35 degrees Celsius here so that's not helping to heal my wrist either.

I hope both of our wrists heal soon.
                            Oh not you too. This place is like an A&E

LOL!

Weird. Yeah, you may have. Maybe slept on it or something. But the most important thing is that it is feeling better now.

For the most?

Yep! Tis true tis true.

Well she sure looked like she was ready to. Same here. I do think that Bates was the one who stir the mistrust as it where. I know what you mean. She didn't tell them to go to hell, but I do think she got her point across. And she ignored Bates which just pissed him off. And "the earthlings know everything" isn't that the norm with most movies or tv show?

SGAFirenity, gosh I hope your wrist is fine too.

So I figure I would do some X-mas siggies...

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ssig1212C3.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...assig1212B.jpg
                            Oh these are beautilicious

Rachel's cancelled the con in London

RL christmas sig:
                            http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...t-cal-RL-1.jpg
                            So is this
                            sigpic

Comment

dot dot dot.
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                                dot dot dot.
                                It's all about the angst. Nothing beats the angst
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X