• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Oh sweet lord, not you too
    Yes me to
    Originally posted by asgard30 View Post

I said it but they are awesome
    It's really beautiful I love the colors and all it's great
    As for the whole discussion thing, there could have definitely been followup to the Queen. I feel that it was just left midway. They could have checked up on Todd again and even explored why Teyla was looking at her hand the way she was. I suppose they just couldnt be bothered with writing this season with a believable sequence and episodes for that matter.
    sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Vegemite is disgusting - that's just my opinion. And I tasted it... BLEH!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Vegemite is disgusting - that's just my opinion. And I tasted it... BLEH!
        It's nice!
        She was very good doing that.
        And just so people know- that was at the University Of Melbourne. The logo on the podium is the Uni's logo.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Guys, love reading your comments.

Maxbo and Spikey, your comments have truly highlighted how the ptb have failed.

I still have to question JM’s thinking and the ptb too for that matter though. Do they really believe that they had good development for Teyla or Ronon and Sheppard as well? Doesn’t JM find it interesting, odd or something that he has to constantly defend or try to explain characters’ development questions?

Hey, I don’t expect the ptb to please everybody. That is unrealistic. But I do expect credibility. I don’t have to see something on screen in order to believe it happened. There has to be some kind of ground work done, so me has a viewer of the show can actually imagine it.

For example - I can imagine Teyla and Elizabeth being friends…they shared some similar things in common. Like being women and leaders of their respected people and all the responsibilities that entailed. So even though that relationship was never explored too much or showed enough I can imagine them having a friendship or a very deep understanding. There are scenes in The Gift, The Ark, Echoes, Sunday, etc. that makes me want to believe that they were indeed friends. That is my choice and other fans may see it differently. That is fine.

And I am also well aware that it is not feasible to show everything too. So I don’t expect to see everything, but there were certain things that required follow through…development.

This show has been on for five seasons. And what do we know of Teyla’s history besides her Wraith’s abilities?

Can someone tell me what do we know about the Athosians’ history? I believe at one time they were technology advance and then may have chosen to live more of a nomadic lifestyle after cullings by the Wraith. I’m guessing this of course. Or JM may have said this and this is where I got the idea, but I don’t remember. Or I may have read it in fan fiction. But scenes in Rising Part 1 of the City and then the scene in Hiding and Seek do show to me that the Athosians do have some advancement of technology. I would have like to have seen some development. Hence development for Teyla.

Another question, what do we know about Teyla’s family? Did she have any siblings? I don’t recall ever hearing any comments about this. Right now, I am wondering about her father’s name. I thought it was Tagan, but come to find out that it is Torrin, so maybe Tagan is her mom’s name.

And their follow through or writing her Wraith’s abilities have been inconsistent. We get a glimpse into Teyla’s feelings regarding those abilities, but those feelings were never explored more. Here is another question did Teyla ever tell her people what was done to their ancestors by the Wraith after learning of the experiments in The Gift? How do the Athosians feel about some of their own having the DNA of their feared and hated enemy?

This was season one. And now, the fifth season has come and gone, wait the show has ended and still no follow through. There has been no follow through for this special character. That scene in The Queen with Teyla touching and looking at her hands like that had me curious too. We got nothing.

Now hearing what Connor had to say and reading some of the comments from the con has only affirmed to me that some of these writers/the ptb couldn’t, found it too hard, or didn’t care to write for characters that they couldn’t relate to. I would say it is sad, but it is not sad it is inexcusable. I watch this show for all the characters not a token few.

Let me stop before I get in trouble. I'm just really pissed how the ptb chose handle to this character, the Ronon and Sheppard's characters and the last season.

Asgard, sadly I felt that way about Prodigal. And I happen to like this episode. I didn’t felt that anyone showed any concern for Teyla’s wellbeing while Michael held her captive. Maybe concern is not the right word. There were no emotions. You have all those guys watching the monitor at one time or another and no one uttered any words like “Is Teyla still okay? How is Teyla doing?” Not even from her teammates.

Linda, you are so right no matter how great an actor is there is only so much he or she can do when the writing is not great. I applause the actors for working with what they were given.

Oh to anwer your question maybe today.
          sigpic
          Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
          Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
          WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
            Yes me to

As for the whole discussion thing, there could have definitely been followup to the Queen. I feel that it was just left midway. They could have checked up on Todd again and even explored why Teyla was looking at her hand the way she was. I suppose they just couldnt be bothered with writing this season with a believable sequence and episodes for that matter.
            You mean you want the stories to actually make sense

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post

I still have to question JM’s thinking and the ptb too for that matter though. Do they really believe that they had good development for Teyla or Ronon and Sheppard as well? Doesn’t JM find it interesting, odd or something that he has to constantly defend or try to explain characters’ development questions?

Hey, I don’t expect the ptb to please everybody. That is unrealistic. But I do expect credibility. I don’t have to see something on screen in order to believe it happened. There has to be some kind of ground work done, so me has a viewer of the show can actually imagine it.

For example - I can imagine Teyla and Elizabeth being friends…they shared some similar things in common. Like being women and leaders of their respected people and all the responsibilities that entailed. So even though that relationship was never explored too much or showed enough I can imagine them having a friendship or a very deep understanding. There are scenes in The Gift, The Ark, Echoes, Sunday, etc. that makes me want to believe that they were indeed friends. That is my choice and other fans may see it differently. That is fine.

And I am also well aware that it is not feasible to show everything too. So I don’t expect to see everything, but there were certain things that required follow through…development.

This show has been on for five seasons. And what do we know of Teyla’s history besides her Wraith’s abilities?

Can someone tell me what do we know about the Athosians’ history? I believe at one time they were technology advance and then may have chosen to live more of a nomadic lifestyle after cullings by the Wraith. I’m guessing this of course. Or JM may have said this and this is where I got the idea, but I don’t remember. Or I may have read it in fan fiction. But scenes in Rising Part 1 of the City and then the scene in Hiding and Seek do show to me that the Athosians do have some advancement of technology. I would have like to have seen some development. Hence development for Teyla.

Another question, what do we know about Teyla’s family? Did she have any siblings? I don’t recall ever hearing any comments about this. Right now, I am wondering about her father’s name. I thought it was Tagan, but come to find out that it is Torrin, so maybe Tagan is her mom’s name.

And their follow through or writing her Wraith’s abilities have been inconsistent. We get a glimpse into Teyla’s feelings regarding those abilities, but those feelings were never explored more. Here is another question did Teyla ever tell her people what was done to their ancestors by the Wraith after learning of the experiments in The Gift? How do the Athosians feel about some of their own having the DNA of their feared and hated enemy?

This was season one. And now, the fifth season has come and gone, wait the show has ended and still no follow through. There has been no follow through for this special character. That scene in The Queen with Teyla touching and looking at her hands like that had me curious too. We got nothing.

Now hearing what Connor had to say and reading some of the comments from the con has only affirmed to me that some of these writers/the ptb couldn’t, found it too hard, or didn’t care to write for characters that they couldn’t relate to. I would say it is sad, but it is not sad it is inexcusable. I watch this show for all the characters not a token few.

Let me stop before I get in trouble. I'm just really pissed how the ptb chose handle to this character, the Ronon and Sheppard's characters and the last season.

Asgard, sadly I felt that way about Prodigal. And I happen to like this episode. I didn’t felt that anyone showed any concern for Teyla’s wellbeing while Michael held her captive. Maybe concern is not the right word. There were no emotions. You have all those guys watching the monitor at one time or another and no one uttered any words like “Is Teyla still okay? How is Teyla doing?” Not even from her teammates.

Linda, you are so right no matter how great an actor is there is only so much he or she can do when the writing is not great. I applause the actors for working with what they were given.

Oh I just had to quote this cause I loved reading your thoughts
            sigpic

Comment

You mean you want the stories to actually make sense
              Were pretty loyal fans, considering all the other fan bases that change fandom each week, but that doesnt mean we are stupid. As much as i love a show, im not going to watch *rap, and thats what most of the season 5 episodes were. If your going to waste millions of dollars producing a show, the least you can do is make it believable, heck i dont care if its boring! Just make it make sense at least!
              sig by Cazzblade

Comment

I'm glad there's a discussion going cause I forgot to post a new episode this week. Oops!

Comment

Queen Teyla votes

if you want to.

Or right, I had to post that in JT...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Oh, another one...

Michael and Teyla 'shared a connection' in The Kindred, but by the time Search and Rescue aired, he couldn't even sense anymore that she was giving birth, and by the time The Prodigal swung by, he couldn't even find her in an Atlantis with very limited space/movement... This is called 'consistency', you see...

Also, he shoved a needle in her belly in TK2, we still don't know why, and Teyla had never asked Keller if everything was fine, and never mentioned it, we certainly aren't allowed to know what it is, and then later on, instead of Michael having taken DNA when he had that needle in her, he just has to come back to get it. I think Connor actually believed Michael did get DNA earlier on, but from what was said in TP I really don't have that same idea. I think he took it right there and then, before he put Torren down on the sofa.

Lol, in S&R they messed up greatly. Lowering the shields to beam people in... Great showrunners those two are. Sorry, but how can such a thing slip by you? And it's not the only thing that did.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Hi everyone
                      Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                      *goes back to drooling*

EDIT: I just found a video of Rachel trying Vegemite. Take a look!!
                      Spoiler:
                      That makes 2 SG cast members (that I know of and NOT counting CB) that have been forced to try it at a Con. Here's Chris Judge.
                      LOL thanks for the vid she's really great and nice lol
                      Yes me to

Yeah and for all the reasons that GoSpikey pointed out so well. I agree that the follow up were so bad that even I catch it and yet I am a really good public I like a lot of things LOL
                      Originally posted by Hope24 View Post

I agree totally with you it's the big problem of season 5 the fact to be realistic or no. I mean I forgive them for S4 and not seeing Kanaan I could even like things. Not seeing Kanaan was a way to present him in Teyla's perspective and to focus on her and only her.
                      But after this they brought us a stupid Kanaan who wasn't even theree i truly believed he would be dead by the end of S&R. But he was here and I liked him in Reunion (?) he was really great and the only one to the side of Teyla, what IMO really missed her.
                      And then again nothing. In Reunion they seem more friends than lovers nor anything and they give us nothing, we even have to believe that he is again in Atlantis. Seriously, it doesn't happen a lot but for once evne I have more imagination than them.
                      Were pretty loyal fans, considering all the other fan bases that change fandom each week, but that doesnt mean we are stupid. As much as i love a show, im not going to watch *rap, and thats what most of the season 5 episodes were. If your going to waste millions of dollars producing a show, the least you can do is make it believable, heck i dont care if its boring! Just make it make sense at least!
                      I can't believe I didn't even watch half of season 5. I'm sure i could have loved a lot of eps but I was really sad and I watched this show for Stargate. as entertaining as these eps could have been they weren't Stargate.
                      Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      Oh, another one...

Michael and Teyla 'shared a connection' in The Kindred, but by the time Search and Rescue aired, he couldn't even sense anymore that she was giving birth, and by the time The Prodigal swung by, he couldn't even find her in an Atlantis with very limited space/movement... This is called 'consistency', you see...

Also, he shoved a needle in her belly in TK2, we still don't know why, and Teyla had never asked Keller if everything was fine, and never mentioned it, we certainly aren't allowed to know what it is, and then later on, instead of Michael having taken DNA when he had that needle in her, he just has to come back to get it. I think Connor actually believed Michael did get DNA earlier on, but from what was said in TP I really don't have that same idea. I think he took it right there and then, before he put Torren down on the sofa.

Lol, in S&R they messed up greatly. Lowering the shields to beam people in... Great showrunners those two are. Sorry, but how can such a thing slip by you? And it's not the only thing that did.
                      You're so right I can't believe I missed this it's so true.
                      Yeah the needle is a great example, seriously what was the purpose of this scene. Once again you're right. I'm glad the Michael storyline ended but he was such a great villain with great potential, particularly now that he had the ATA gene but where did it go in Prodigal. Even the baby haven't so much of a purpose. I know on this point a lot of people ddn't want a mystic baby, but in this case they can watch other shows than sci fi. We didn't se teyla a lot in season 4 for the baby and in the end we saw it only 3 times and for real life mother nothing else. At this point they could have stick with Dune and made of Teyla baby a psychic or something.
                      I have conscience this is only my opinion but i really thought that season 5 missed consistency, sci fi and imagination

I lost your quote Lem but yeah I had to go several pages behind to see if I missed things or no LOL. But hush we are perhaps the only one
                      sigpic
                      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

I wanted to make my smart ass by doing something for the challenge ep but I did one for Letters from Pegasus I didn't remember that I had done it

sigpic
                        Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

But JM and PM were the showrunners, did anything make sense when those two took charge Who was it that said it best, I can't remember but they said "the characters were acting like they suffered from schizophenia" They were like all over the place That's probably why they decided to dump SGA, the network probably saw what a screwup the show had vecome and decided to cut their loses and get proper showrunners back in charge!

ALL JUST MY OPINION AND NOT FACT!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I'm glad there's a discussion going cause I forgot to post a new episode this week. Oops!
                          Oh..OHHHHH...Bad Lemming

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          Oh, another one...

Oh you mean like how Teyla's senses mysteriously disappeared in Outsiders, yep they really are great showrunners
                          sigpic

Comment

But JM and PM were the showrunners, did anything make sense when those two took charge Who was it that said it best, I can't remember but they said "the characters were acting like they suffered from schizophenia" They were like all over the place That's probably why they decided to dump SGA, the network probably saw what a screwup the show had vecome and decided to cut their loses and get proper showrunners back in charge!

ALL JUST MY OPINION AND NOT FACT!

My thoughts exactly. It sort of became like the characters in the new show Dollhouse *me luvs*, the main character has a different personality each ep! So unless thats what they were going for, they really failed in giving us worthwhile entertainment for this season IMOHO
                            sig by Cazzblade

Comment

....the new show Dollhouse *me luvs*...
                              Me too.

Comment

What's Dollhouse?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X