Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And personally they are doing it worse than Sam/Jack (which I hated with a vengeance - I think I've already mentioned that before), and that means it's bad.

Keller however is being used... It seems as if the character needs to be paired with a man to make her look interesting enough. And that's no way to go. Because they make both characters look bad in my opinion. Both McKay and Keller suffer from this romantic shipping. But I can easily see them as friends, on the other hand.

Laura/Carson - very subtle, in the background - just the way I like it when there's canon ship. A mention here and there, just enough to know what's going on and to fill in the blanks.

Not quite understand what you mean here , but just to be clear. It's not because I ship Kate/Teyla and know they will never get together in canon that I don't want to see ship. I simply don't want to see ship. Period.
    If it can help you I didn't know what I mean either lol. In fact my idea is because TPTB propose hints everywhere I follow one road and now if they choose another one I will be deceived. I don't like too much ships so it bothered me. For example I hated the Cadman Carson I didn't saw the point to have one mention here and then there I couldn't care less. I have more affection for Katie Brown at least we saw once again McKay act ok he was more or less the same but he shares a nice moment with her in Tabula Rasa while I feel for both but more over for Katie after whathappened in Quarantine.
    Cadman was with Carson yeah it had funb moments in Duet but after this there was no need IMO to see her again and it made me absolutely nothing to have this poor mention in The Return.
    I like Kanaan since a long time and I prefered him without knowing him than after. Without knowing I couldn't care less for Kanaan but it permits for me to have depht for Teyla I discover things about her, I discovered things with her and I felt for her with her when I discovered Kanaan and when he tries to help her. I really hadn't a problem with the fact that he wasn't introduced before but for me a ship need to have a point. Why I didn't care for carson becaue I don't think it made him evolved and I didn't saw him differently.
    On the other hand it changed my opinion about Rodney and Teyla I saw things. Why I hated Larrin because there was no point with Shep and besides it made Shep seem bad. Why I like my ship because IMO together they made each other even better. Why I dislike Ronon Teyla because for me it was too much of a reductor it made them the 2 aliens which stay in the background and that we stuck together because it's really convenient.
    While I disliked Sam Jack because they bring nothing to one another while I loved the Sam Daniel. Why finally I stick with the Sam Jack because personaly I think it was well done and I couldn't have other opinions and this keep on going like this.
    I don't want a ship for a ship with knowing that they are with another I want it brngs something new to the charcater. I really love the McKeller thing because for me it eally help McKay character and as I don't really care for Keller character I like enough to see their interaction. What I dislike is to have the ship everywhere after but I don't like references either it has o bring someting and McKeller seems to be in front of all the eps and we spoke only of this and it brings absolutely nothing besides I'm really protective of teyla as i said before and it realy unnerves me to have the impresssion that Keller passes before and that this is the_ir new baby the female McKay youhou
    I am concious too that I'm one of the few to see things like this because everybody loved the Cadman Carson while they hated the Katie Rodney lol
    Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Yeah but the difference on SG-1 was they were going with Jack/Sam fro the getgo...They didn't screw everything up by giving us Jack/Sam then Sam/Daniel then Sam/Teal'c.....It always Jack/Sam and they stuck with it...Even if we didn't quite get the outcome we wanted (yet) it was still only ever gonna be this one ship!
    Yeah it's exactly what I meant I don't know if I reach my goal ?
    sigpic
    Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Point taken.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Linda, come on, to the other threads...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Point taken.
          There's a good Lemming *throws snack to Lemming*

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          Linda, come on, to the other threads...
          All my threads are quiet so i'm playing solitaire
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            There's a good Lemming *throws snack to Lemming*
            *bounce*

Comment

Thanks Donna, Asgard, and Linda!

Trying to catch with all the comments.

Asgard, I wasn't too crazy about the promo pics either. I didn't know you was frustated too as my ninja girl!

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
              I have to concurr with those who've said that it's best to have a shipper moment here and a shipper moment there but nothing concrete. Yes, there are always going to be those that hate this moment and that moment, and yes, there are always going to be those who want more. However, hints of this and that ship let everyone play in the sandbox -- including the anti-any-shippers -- and still be happy because they just ignore the moment they didn't like and move on.

Full-on canon shipping is something that has to be handled with extreme delicacy to keep from alienating a huge portion of your fanbase. The SGA TPTB wouldn't know delicacy if it bit them in the arse. I mean, just look at Keller. They wated JS to be the SGA golden girl and they're trying to beat the fans into it by an over-handed and under-written love triangle and burying us in screen time (which never works). This is also the same franchise that produced the barf-o-rama that was Sam/Jack.

If TPTB tried to make J/T canon, they wouldn't convince the non-shippers of its brilliance. They'd just bungle it and make the ambivalent non-shippers into anti-shippers and maybe even suck all the joy out of it for all but the most fanatic of the shippers (remember the "big Teyla storyline" wherein she became a walking womb?). Furthermore, canon shipping Teyla and John could make the ambivalent McSheppers into Teyla-haters -- kinda like this stupid Keller triangle thing is making some ambivalents into anti-Kellers.

It's just a bad, bad thing. Semi-ambiguous hints are best for all concerned. Like the start of "Search and Rescue." The J/T shippers had their happy moment (which they're entitled to), but I was still able to handwave it without pausing my enjoyment of the show.

Personally, I ship Teyla with Zelenka. (I know, talk about your micro-ships.) I think Teyla deserves a sensitivity and maturity in a partner that John -- as much as I love him -- just doesn't have. (Plus there's the fact John's in the closet nursing an awful thing for Rodney. *whistles innocently*)

Anyway. Pictures for the wow thread, because not only is Teyla graceful, beautiful, and kind, but she's adorable, too. (Some from The Seed, for the spoiler-conscious.)
              Spoiler:

Teyla Emmagan: could kill you with her bantos rods, her P-90, her beauty, her brain, or her cute.

DragonLady
              DragonLady, thanks for pics!

Teyla with Zelenka - interesting ship. Never thought about that one. I agreed with you that Teyla needs that in a mate, but I also think she needs more that...because Teyla, herself are those things...I think she needs someone that not only will support her but also will challenge her...hey but that it just my opinion.

LOL, for that John's remark about Rodney.

Guys don't let all this ship talk...get you down! In the end the tptb will do what they want to do anyway.
              sigpic
              Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
              Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
              WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                ...I think she needs someone that not only will support her but also will challenge her...hey but that it just my opinion.
                Sounds like you just described Ronon.

Comment

LOL!!
                  sigpic
                  Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                  Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                  WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Hi everybody !
                    Point taken.
                    Really ? I can't believe Am I ill ? Is there something you don't tell me that I should know ?
                    *bounce*
                    I love reading you and Linda but I always need a translator next lol
                    Thanks Donna, Asgard, and Linda!

Trying to catch with all the comments.

Asgard, I wasn't too crazy about the promo pics either. I didn't know you was frustated too as my ninja girl!

DragonLady, thanks for pics!

Teyla with Zelenka - interesting ship. Never thought about that one. I agreed with you that Teyla needs that in a mate, but I also think she needs more that...because Teyla, herself are those things...I think she needs someone that not only will support her but also will challenge her...hey but that it just my opinion.

LOL, for that John's remark about Rodney.

Guys don't let all this ship talk...get you down! In the end the tptb will do what they want to do anyway.
                    Oh don't listen to mee I talk a lot to say nothing lol no problem and you're right I agree too with what Teyla needs ...
                    ...but I disagree with this lol I agree that their relationship is really great

I don't know why but yesterday I tried to find Pretender fic (don't ask me why ?) and I was a little deceived (?) to read in several fics Miss Parker as the poor woman who suffers and hyper sensitive no I loved Miss Parker but she would have shot Sidney if it would have permit to reach her goal Why is that woman seems often the poor woman without defense ?
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                        Really ? I can't believe Am I ill ? Is there something you don't tell me that I should know ?
                        Yes, really. I hope not. I'm telling you all I know.

...but I disagree with this lol I agree that their relationship is really great
                        I disagree too, and agree with a small print.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post

Icarium
                          That is really Pretty
                          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Rachel Luttrell Interview click on the video to watch it http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1544445.ece
                            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

*bounce*
                              How's my favourite Lemming today...I take it you enjoyed your little snack

Yes me get very frustrated at times....Not just with ship but also with Teyla so it's a double whammy

Well he's always there to support her and help her just like any good brother would be

I don't know why but yesterday I tried to find Pretender fic (don't ask me why ?) and I was a little deceived (?) to read in several fics Miss Parker as the poor woman who suffers and hyper sensitive no I loved Miss Parker but she would have shot Sidney if it would have permit to reach her goal Why is that woman seems often the poor woman without defense ?
                              Huh....From what i remember of Pretender Miss Parker was a very strong willed and independant woman who could bust anyone's ba....Um well i hope you catch my drift

WOW WOW WOW again

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                              Rachel Luttrell Interview click on the video to watch it http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1544445.ece
                              Thanks again Donna!
                              sigpic

Comment

New Teyla banner:
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X