Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
    Now on Teyla in S1

It's a great idea As always I will try to give my opinion even if it isn't great and I hope you'll understand

First of all S1 wasn't at all my fav season. It's with time that I discover it was really great. It wasn't that I dislike it on the contrary, it's the reason why I've became so fan. But you know it's the start there is always things that progress and finally you dislike. Am I the only one to who it happens ? lol
    I disliked her wigs I assure you it disturbed me a lot and it's one of the reason I wasn't fan. I know it's odd but really it was so odd. You know I don't use a lot of S1 pics and it's with the creation that I discovered that S1 had better shoot. In the latter S the pics are often dark and you don't have a good close up (?) on the faces.
    In Rising it's Teyla who attract me. But I thought she would only be a Shep love interest and it was an alien who didn't see again. it botheresd because I thought since the start that the character was the more interesting. I don't like fantasy, I prefer scifi but there is elements like magic that I love. And I thought that she gives this aspect of mystic and magic.
    I was so happy to discover that she stays because honestly I had doubt.
    1- I found it a little masculine (it's true that there was more women on SGA than SG1 Teyla and Weir but it was clear for me that the men lead. In the first expedition there was only men (it's a long time I'm not sure to remember correctly) and they came as conquistadors. As much as I'm a sheylafan, I have to say that this little smirk (?) from Shep said it all this lead to point 2)
    2- She didn't impose herself as Carter but she was tall and right and she proves that she was the leader even a female.
    3- I was happy with her joy. She liked the life. She was really joyful. Remember in the Genii story how she was happy. She smiled a lot and made jokes. She lost this later and particularly in S4. I like her darker side but it reduced her role. She was always generous and helpful. And the voice of the reason.
    4- With this aspect of nice, voice of reason she makes me think of Daniel Jackson which is my fav character I have to say. And with this dark side I hope she didn't lost this aspect. Letters from Pegasus is probably my favorite eps. She wants to help and is the first to apply the idea of we let nobody behind while she knows the truth of the situation.
    5- I like Letters from Pegasus too because she proves that she wasn't just a pretty face who fight well and is always pretty. She proves once more her leadership and her "military aspect". Thare isn't army but she fights well she knows all the other aspect I mean the political, diplomatic, warrior...
    6-She fights so well it's so great. I was amazed it was really great like with Sora.
    And in S1 she stands her place while in The Storm everybody do something and are in the control room, she isn't forgotten she comes, save Beckett, "help" Sora. She needs nobody help but it wasn't the hour of the Shep McKay show.

I hope my point are interesting. I'm sorry it's really a long time since I saw S1 so I don't remember very well.
    DANGIT, I couldn't green ya!!! AWESOME!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Okay, everyone listen up...

I know all of us in here want to see this thread on the front page as long as possible, instead of having to retrieve it from the third page. Camy, our thread-leader, doesn't like seeing that (nor does she like negative feelings). So, what I'm proposing is the following...

Bring on the artwork, images of your favorite smiles, images of Teyla/Rachel in general, write a fic...

HAVE FUN & SHOW THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR THIS CHARACTER/ACTRESS!!

I'm sure we can manage that... RIGHT?

I'm now going to be off to bed, cause my lemming eyes are falling shut and Kate's glaring at me for staying up late again. But I'll be back with something tomorrow...

I leave you know with one of my favorite Teyla-smiles:

Spoiler:
      THAT'S MY GIRL!! wohoooo! FH!! EXCELLENT IDEA!

now, you will have to forgive me but time is lately an issue for me online so I"ll add my two cents here and there, but I won't be much into discussions, but I will post pics and fanart...wooohooo!

*camy hugs fh*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
        THAT'S MY GIRL!! wohoooo! FH!! EXCELLENT IDEA!

now, you will have to forgive me but time is lately an issue for me online so I"ll add my two cents here and there, but I won't be much into discussions, but I will post pics and fanart...wooohooo!

*camy hugs fh*
        You know, just trying to keep the thread going...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Can't go wrong with Rachel.....

Wall:

Banner:

Sig:

icon:
          sigpic

Comment

You know, just trying to keep the thread going...
            THANKS!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, that was a quick artwork-reply. Looks awesome!!

Comment

WOWSERS.....Gorgeous!!
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, that was a quick artwork-reply. Looks awesome!!
                  thanks, like i wrote, can't go wrong with Rachel!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    WOWSERS.....Gorgeous!!
                    gracias!
                    sigpic

Comment

thanks, like i wrote, can't go wrong with Rachel!
                      True!!

Comment

lol

alright, have a great weekend...I'll post pics next time...hundreds of them! *grin*
                        sigpic

Comment

...I'll post pics next time...hundreds of them! *grin*
                          We'll hold you to that!

Comment

lol

alright, have a great weekend...I'll post pics next time...hundreds of them! *grin*
                            We'll be waiting
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              We'll be waiting
                              *mental note, never make a promise in the Rachel thread*
                              sigpic

Comment

*mental note, never make a promise in the Rachel thread*
                                Too late!

Comment

Working...
                                X