Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Friendship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaharaGate
    Suspicion was great for Rodney's character (and since i loved him on SG i had high hopes for him) and established the Shep/Rodney dynamic early, but the rest of the episode didn't excite me.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

How funny was "The defiant one" these 2 got so cranky at each other. Never seen shep yell like that before!

Good episode for them but!
      Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
        You mean this face?

No no.

You're both wrong.

That's not the 'omg I can't believe you
        Spoiler:
        turned down Mensa'
        face.

That's the 'omg you could, like,
        Spoiler:
        die and omg I think that thought actually scares me'
        face.

The difference is subtle, but there all the same

Comment

Shep: It's called a gun McKay.
          McKay: I'm aware of that Major, thank you.
          Shep: Good for shooting Wraiths.
          McKay: So I hear.
          Shep: The fans really like em.
          McKay: The Wraith?? What are they sado-masochists??
          Shep: No no. You're thinking of the Whumpers. Which are akin but not the same as the Thunkers, who are close cousins of the Shippers and only twice removed from the Slashers...
          McKay: Did you have a point Major?
          Shep: Guns. They're sexy.
          McKay: You have this on good authority?
          Shep: The best: Fangirl authority.
          McKay: *snorts* Your fangirls don't look at your gun. They look at your underwear.
          Shep: *grins* Really? Sweet!

Comment

Shep: No no. You're thinking of the Whumpers. Which are akin but not the same as the Thunkers, who are close cousins of the Shippers and only twice removed from the Slashers...
            McKay: *snorts* Your fangirls don't look at your gun. They look at your underwear.
            Shep: Really? Sweet!
            *wipes tear from eye*
            again again!

Comment

OOOh, I love the Brotherhood too. Did anyone else notice
              Spoiler:
              that Shep really didn't like Allina? I wonder if he had suspicions about her all along. And the wierd sideways glances, rolling his eyes and watching Allina and McKay constantly,telling him to wait until tomorrow to get back into his game, as if he was expecting her to try something. And she did I felt so bad for Rodney and I also felt that Shep wasn't too crazy about the mission in the first place.

Comment

Shep: *grins* Really? Sweet!
                Okay, *this* one made me laugh.

In that vein, someone here asked for fanfic. In Liketheriver's gen series "Tokens" through "Fall From Grace" (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/755674/), Sheppard and McKay know a bit about fandom, fanfic, and Atlantis pairings, which makes their banter all the more amusing. Pairings are specifically mentioned in "Tokens" through "Casting Stones".

I think the one I like best in this series, for entirely different reasons, is "Games". The author has Teyla's narrative voice down pat.
                Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Oh I love Liketheriver! Her stories are soooo good! She's great at McKay/Shep friendship and she has a really talent for mixing angst and comedy which isn't easy.

Edit: You can never be too careful
                  Last edited by GatetheWay; 06 June 2005, 12:21 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

She.
                    Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

No no.

You're both wrong.

That's not the 'omg I can't believe you
                      Spoiler:
                      turned down Mensa'
                      face.

That's the 'omg you could, like,
                      Spoiler:
                      die and omg I think that thought actually scares me'
                      face.

The difference is subtle, but there all the same
                      You've got to be kidding. I guess this is a joke, right? Because I was listening to the dialog when I capped this and I know this is the face requested.

This is Rodney's "I'm sorry" face.

I can't believe you questioned my screen cap.
                      Last edited by watcher652; 06 June 2005, 12:46 PM. Reason: typo, grr!

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

You've got to be kidding. I guess this is a joke, right? Because I was listening to the dialog when I capped this and I know this is the face requested.

Lol.

Point taken....but I could have sworn...I mean...because...

Oh bother.

Never mind.

This is Rodney's "I'm sorry" face.

I can't believe you questioned my screen cap.
                        Lol...no offence intended. *grovels*.

Just don't stop posting the pics . They are muchly appreciated

And in that case........Rodney looks more upset about the
                        Spoiler:
                        Mensa thing than the possible impending death of his team leader and snarking buddy

Something tells me I should be more surprised.

Comment

McKay: I think I had a point here.
                          Sheppard: And what would that be?
                          McKay: Uh, I forget. Something to do with captioning caps.
                          Sheppard: You forget? What kind of genius are you?
                          McKay: I got distracted by the huge number of our fangirls. You've got fangirls, I've got fangirls, the two of us together have fangirls.
                          Sheppard: Oh, ok, then. Seeing them makes me forgetful, too.
                          McKay: Actually, I think the point is seeing US makes THEM forgetful. Of everything except us.
                          Sheppard: And that's a good thing, right?
                          McKay: Oh, sure!

My kind of guy:

Comment

LOL...this has totally turned into a thunk thread...

Okay, to spark a little discussion: What do you think Rodney's reaction will be when
                            Spoiler:
                            John comes back in Seige 3?
                            (Spoiler tags just a formality, I figure pretty much everyone knows this, and if you don't then you should have guessed it, I should hope!)

Personally, I'm stuck between the "Oh, thank god!" reaction or a good sock in the face for being in such a hurry to go get himself killed and not waiting for McKay to come up with a viable solution. What are everyone else's thoughts?

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                            McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                            Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                            McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

I vote 'a good sock in the face' option

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

McKay: I think I had a point here.
                                Sheppard: And what would that be?
                                McKay: Uh, I forget. Something to do with captioning caps.
                                Sheppard: You forget? What kind of genius are you?
                                McKay: I got distracted by the huge number of our fangirls. You've got fangirls, I've got fangirls, the two of us together have fangirls.
                                Sheppard: Oh, ok, then. Seeing them makes me forgetful, too.
                                McKay: Actually, I think the point is seeing US makes THEM forgetful. Of everything except us.
                                Sheppard: And that's a good thing, right?
                                McKay: Oh, sure!
                                Lmao!

That's classic

Alpha Major and Alpha Geek have too many fan girls, hee!...

Comment

Working...
                                X