Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everything you say here.

Spoiler:
    It was awesome. I was stunned by the first scene of the episode. How Rodney called John - how great is it to know that Shep was sitting with him all the time?
    The beer scene was great but the moments before - when Rodney ran to John from all the people, and how scared he was and how comforting was John. And I think that chemistry between David and Joe helped. They are both at the same vibe and, from all actors, they have been together since the first scenes of SGA, so they know each other and work perfectly together. While David is more a physical type - he is using whole his body, is more, I don´t know, an exhibicionist maybe, then Joe is the calmer one, he is using his face, eyes to act - and it is why they are so different and still can be such perfect acting match for each other.
    It´s enough just to watch the glares they share - and Joe is able to act amazingly with his eyes and face. The desperation, sadness, in his eyes when he is watching Rodney, it was almost painful to watch it. It was great to watch in Tao, but here, it was even better. This definitely won over Miller´s Crossing and I didn´t think this might ever happen.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

caps pics the shrine WARNING SPOILERS

panic moment
      Spoiler:

pier moment act I.... i love
      Spoiler:

pier moment act II.... love laugh

Spoiler:

John remenber

Spoiler:

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

great shots marli. Yep this ep will be the pinnacle of friendship eps for me.
        Happy sigh still today
        sigpic
        Live Laugh and Love
        This is what I live by.

Comment

gahh just watched the episode and
          Spoiler:
          the moment on the pier was just amazing!
          One of the (many) great moments:
          "You're a good friend, Arthur"
          and then the laughs, hat was just priceless!
          sigpic
          Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

The Shrine!! Wow! As everyone has said I love how it's
            Spoiler:
            John who Rodney turns/calls out to when he's at his most vulnerable!

About the
            Spoiler:
            Arthur reference

At first I interpreted the scene the same as Wilson3Girl
            Originally posted by Wilson3Girl View Post
            Yeah, I took it to mean that he was just trying to make Shep laugh.

Spoiler:
            Shepard had just told Rodney that his neice's name was Betty, and Rodney knew that it wasn't. So he was just pulling Shep's chain by pretending that he didn't remember his name. At least that's how I took it.
            Then I read elsewhere that it is a reference to
            Spoiler:
            Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Which, I haven't seen in ages so I still really don't get the reference. Could somebody explain that please?

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
              About the
              Spoiler:
              Arthur reference
              Spoiler:
              Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Which, I haven't seen in ages so I still really don't get the reference. Could somebody explain that please?

Ooops! I've never seen that show, although I've heard of it. That reference went right over my head!

Wilson3Girl

Comment

The Shrine!! Wow! As everyone has said I love how it's
                Spoiler:
                John who Rodney turns/calls out to when he's at his most vulnerable!

About the
                Spoiler:
                Arthur reference

Spoiler:
                Shrine
                Spoiler:
                The lead in that show is called "Arthur" and he meets a lot of aliens while wearing his PJ´s (nightwear). Since Sheppard was wearing PJ and their little alien adventures, it fit

I LOVE that scene!!! Esp
                Spoiler:
                when Shep (or most likely JOE) lost it and they both burst into laughter, beer spitting and all!!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

I wonder if that "Arthur" bit was an ad-lib? You really can't snort beer out of your nose on purpose!

Those two men are ADORABLE!
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

"The Shrine"

Spoiler:

Aww, the Rodney/John scenes in ”The Shrine” were so lovely! It actually made me like Sheppard again, for the first time since season 2. I had grown pretty tired of the McKay/Sheppard interaction for some time too, because it just seemed to consist of the same repetitious ”I can't fix this!”/”You need to fix it”/”Fine, I'll fix it!” scenes, but oh, this episode so made up for that.

My favorite scenes:

* Rodney keeps calling for John frantically throughout the episode.
                    * That entire scene in Shep's room. ”Rodney, Rodney, I'm right here!” <clutches heart> The way JF read that line was so sweet!
                    * The scene at the pier (obviously ) and especially them breaking down and laughing together. I'm so curious about whether that was scripted or not. I'm thinking it wasn't and that it was Joe and David laughing for real, and if it was, then I'm SO happy that they left it in there. Such a wonderful, wonderful scene.
                    * There's a moment [at 19:47] when the rest of the team have already moved off to the side to discuss whether or not to take Rodney to the Shrine, where Sheppard lingers for a moment by his side, and there's this devastated look in his eyes and you can just see the pain written all over his face.

Why can't they write more episodes like this one?
                    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
                      "The Shrine"

Spoiler:

Aww, the Rodney/John scenes in ”The Shrine” were so lovely! It actually made me like Sheppard again, for the first time since season 2. I had grown pretty tired of the McKay/Sheppard interaction for some time too, because it just seemed to consist of the same repetitious ”I can't fix this!”/”You need to fix it”/”Fine, I'll fix it!” scenes, but oh, this episode so made up for that.

My favorite scenes:

* Rodney keeps calling for John frantically throughout the episode.
                      * That entire scene in Shep's room. ”Rodney, Rodney, I'm right here!” <clutches heart> The way JF read that line was so sweet!
                      * The scene at the pier (obviously ) and especially them breaking down and laughing together. I'm so curious about whether that was scripted or not. I'm thinking it wasn't and that it was Joe and David laughing for real, and if it was, then I'm SO happy that they left it in there. Such a wonderful, wonderful scene.
                      * There's a moment [at 19:47] when the rest of the team have already moved off to the side to discuss whether or not to take Rodney to the Shrine, where Sheppard lingers for a moment by his side, and there's this devastated look in his eyes and you can just see the pain written all over his face.

Why can't they write more episodes like this one?

I agree. I started to dislike Sheppard a little during S4 but here, he grew up on me again
                      Spoiler:
                      And the look at John´s face standing next to Rodney´s bed - I LOVE the scene. The broken look, almost with tears in his eyes. Great.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

The Shrine: OMG, I haven't enough words to describe how much I like this ep. And the Shep,Mckay scenes are incredible breathtaking. They share such a deep friendship. I want to watch them again and again Joe and David are really great actors with so much chemistry between them.

I wouldn't have needed such a proof to know how much potential SGA still has

Originally posted by chensuu View Post
                        Oh, I miss this show so bad it hurts!
                        Yes, after the sadness and the anger and with this ep I'm in the state of hurt

About the
                        Spoiler:
                        Arthur reference

Spoiler:
                        I recognized this reference but I can't explain it because I'm just reading this book and I'm not further than 75 pages

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                        I wonder if that "Arthur" bit was an ad-lib? You really can't snort beer out of your nose on purpose!

Those two men are ADORABLE!
                        LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                          Shrine
                          Spoiler:
                          The lead in that show is called "Arthur" and he meets a lot of aliens while wearing his PJ´s (nightwear). Since Sheppard was wearing PJ and their little alien adventures, it fit

I LOVE that scene!!! Esp
                          Spoiler:
                          when Shep (or most likely JOE) lost it and they both burst into laughter, beer spitting and all!!
                          Ah, thanks for explaining the reference!

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Fumbles, you might want to edit your comment to include spoiler tags.

I agree with you. I'm beginning to think that the scene may have been ad-libbed. At the SGA panel at Comic Con this year,
                          Spoiler:
                          the pier scene was mentioned and Joe F made a comment that there was "beer, screwing around too much (at which point, all of our minds immediately went to the gutter! ) and having too much fun" or something to that effect. And as you pointed out, snorting beer is easier to do when it's random and spontaneous.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I agree with you. I'm beginning to think that the scene may have been ad-libbed. At the SGA panel at Comic Con this year,
                            Spoiler:
                            the pier scene was mentioned and Joe F made a comment that there was "beer, screwing around too much (at which point, all of our minds immediately went to the gutter! ) and having too much fun" or something to that effect. And as you pointed out, snorting beer is easier to do when it's random and spontaneous.
                            According to JM's blog, it was scripted.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana
                            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

You know what was funny about the bit

Spoiler:
                              about John saying Madison's name was Betty

Spoiler:
                              Betty was the name of Emmett's (Hewlett) snake in Boa vs. Python
                              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

You´re welcome. I didn´t know it either before somebody pointed that out in another thread.

Spoiler:
                                Somebody asked JM about that and he said
                                Spoiler:
                                it was scripted. But still, I think the snorting out beer wasn´t, even if the ARTHUR line was. It just looked too natural and I remember the fake laugh JF did in previous seasons. So, unless he got better there, I think it was a genuine slip-up. And a gorgeous one at that.

What I loved too is a small piece when SHRINE
                                Spoiler:
                                when they are close to the Shrine and Sheppard points McKay to the waterfall, "pretty cool, huh?!" like he would with a child Soo sweet. I´m not a slasher but this ep had me going all goo I really loved this aspect of their friendship, even better than the bickering (although I enjoy that as well, but sometimes, we need something fresh and The SHRINE gave us that

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X