X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaharaGate
    LOL!

I adore that scene.

Actually, I watched the Defiant One the other night too and was remembering when I was first watching the series...

and this is the ep that hooked me. I mean I was watching Atlantis right from the beginning and fully expected it to be at least watchable, but after that ep, that's when I was decided this was an awesome show and had the potential to be better than SG1.

And it was largely because of the Shep and Mckay interaction, and
    Spoiler:
    Gaul's death
    . That and the fact that it came directly after The Storm/The Eye, which were also very, very cool episodes. So it was 3-for-3 at that point hehe.

This is the ep where they stopped being cool characters with a lot of potential and started to seem like 3-dimensional people. Both Shep & Rodney started to show us who they were...
    Funny, but thats pretty much how I got hooked. I was just enjoying the show, minding my own, when suddenly (and seemingly post 'The Defiant One') I was totally hooked! couldn't (and still can't - roll on autumn) get enough!

I think with '38 minutes' I got all exited, cause i got whump and action/drama suspense thingy with good characterisation and great acting, hell there was even team bonding of sorts.

But then things kinda went back to good, as oppposed to the damn good i new they could do. So I went back to alternately picking holes in Sheppards' Military/Leadership skills, and just plain quality oogling time.

I am such an ass slut!

VK
    FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
    There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
      Sheppard: *mischievously* "Rodney? What is it?"
      McKay: *thoughtfully* "It looks so..."
      Sheppard: "Disturbing?"
      McKay: "I was going to say appetising"
      Sheppard: "You would"
      McKay: "What's that supposed to mean? It's not like it's my appetites that run to the alien around here"
      Sheppard: "McKay.... It's Jello. Just eat it!"

How's thems for words
      Lmao!

I like muchly

Poor Shep . He'll never live that whole Chaya thing down....

Comment

Originally posted by VonKnibble
        Funny, but thats pretty much how I got hooked. I was just enjoying the show, minding my own, when suddenly (and seemingly post 'The Defiant One') I was totally hooked! couldn't (and still can't - roll on autumn) get enough!
        Well you're not alone there.

Is it July yet???

I think with '38 minutes' I got all exited, cause i got whump and action/drama suspense thingy with good characterisation and great acting, hell there was even team bonding of sorts.
        I enjoyed 38 minutes but I wasn't quite into major fan-mode yet. I was enjoying the new series and excited about the possibilities but also a little bothered by a few of the characters.

Suspicion was great for Rodney's character (and since i loved him on SG i had high hopes for him) and established the Shep/Rodney dynamic early, but the rest of the episode didn't excite me.

I mean it was enjoyable, but I didn't care enough about the Athosians at that point for the episode to knock me flat or anything.

But then things kinda went back to good, as oppposed to the damn good i new they could do. So I went back to alternately picking holes in Sheppards' Military/Leadership skills, and just plain quality oogling time.
        With you on that one.

I was all like 'that hair can't POSSIBLY be regulation standard'. And while I appreciated Shep's physical um, *presence*, it took a little longer to warm to him as a 3 dimensional character.

But I have warmed to him now.

Yep. Warm. Very warm.

I am such an ass slut!

VK
        Lol!

In my case, for shep, it's all about the smile....

For rodney, it's all about the snarl

Comment

Here is another pivotal moment in the McKay/Sheppard friendship...

OK, you got me, it's actually just an excuse to post this pic of their butts
          "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance." --Sam Brown

Comment

Suspicion was great for Rodney's character (and since i loved him on SG i had high hopes for him) and established the Shep/Rodney dynamic early, but the rest of the episode didn't excite me.

I mean it was enjoyable, but I didn't care enough about the Athosians at that point for the episode to knock me flat or anything.
            I know! i'm so with you there! they'd been in atlantis for what? couple of weeks?, now i know Shep had a bit of a guilt trip thing going on over the Athosians having to abandon their homeworld, but jeez, can we spell over-reacting???????

The Way Shep acted in that ep was totally against common sense, let alone Military sense, as far as security goes. Whilst Bates was being just a bit of an evil rottweiler, Shep should have been with him on the main points, hell, he should have been the one picking up on the problem and suggesting this stuff in the first place!

In my case, for shep, it's all about the smile....

For rodney, it's all about the snarl
            Mmm, the smile, the snarl, and all the snarkage........what more could a girl possibly want?!

VK
            There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by Girl Clone

Rodney: "They were the scariest things we've encountered in the Pegasus Galaxy!"
              Shep: "You can say that again!
              Rodney: "Keep running, they looked fast"
              Shep: "What do you think they were?"
              Rodney: "Well, the natives called them fangirls"

*squee!*

Comment

Originally posted by Girl Clone

Yes. Pivotal. Absolutely.

Ooooh, bum shot (with boxer peekage!)

*Ahem*

(wonders when this went from an intellectual exchange of opinion about the McShep dynamic to a thunk/cap thread.....meh! )

Methinks we need SEASON 2!

Please.

Comment

Rodney: "They were the scariest things we've encountered in the Pegasus Galaxy!"
                  Shep: "You can say that again!
                  Rodney: "Keep running, they looked fast"
                  Shep: "What do you think they were?"
                  Rodney: "Well, the natives called them fangirls"

*squee!*
                  Lol!

nicely done

Comment

I know! i'm so with you there! they'd been in atlantis for what? couple of weeks?, now i know Shep had a bit of a guilt trip thing going on over the Athosians having to abandon their homeworld, but jeez, can we spell over-reacting???????

The Way Shep acted in that ep was totally against common sense, let alone Military sense, as far as security goes. Whilst Bates was being just a bit of an evil rottweiler, Shep should have been with him on the main points, hell, he should have been the one picking up on the problem and suggesting this stuff in the first place!
                    Yeah, I mean as much as I have come to like Teyla, the implicit trust Shep showed in her and her people just never rang true to me.

The implicit (or explicit really) schoolboy snark between Shep & Mckay however...that seemed ordained

Mmm, the smile, the snarl, and all the snarkage........what more could a girl possibly want?!
                    2?

As in duo. Zwei. Shep. Rodney.

As in SEASON 2.

Not that I'm getting impatient or anything...

And not that I actually have room in my life for much Atlantis watching...bit late now tho heh.

Comment

2?

As in duo. Zwei. Shep. Rodney.

As in SEASON 2.

Not that I'm getting impatient or anything...
                      Yeah....me too, honey.

Tryin' not to think about it to much, seeing as i got to wait 'til OCTOBER to see it. But, like the murphy's, i'm not bitter........

Much.

Comment

Yeah....me too, honey.

Tryin' not to think about it to much, seeing as i got to wait 'til OCTOBER to see it. But, like the murphy's, i'm not bitter........

Much.
                        I know what you mean. I was hoping that by making my sig a countdown, it would make me feel better, because I could see myself getting closer by one day each time I uploaded a new one, but now it seems like I've been stuck in the forties for weeks, and I still have almost two more weeks to go before it'll be less than a month away! (Once we get inside a month, I think I'll start feeling better, but right now it just feels like we're crawling along at a snail's pace!)

And, since we're posting pics, here's a quick one:

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                        McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                        Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                        McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                          I know what you mean. I was hoping that by making my sig a countdown, it would make me feel better, because I could see myself getting closer by one day each time I uploaded a new one, but now it seems like I've been stuck in the forties for weeks, and I still have almost two more weeks to go before it'll be less than a month away! (Once we get inside a month, I think I'll start feeling better, but right now it just feels like we're crawling along at a snail's pace!)
                          So you don't actually have a program to change the counter?
                          And here I thought you were all clever and stuff

I did wonder why it was wrong though - since I have a counter on my laptop. With the new release of the Tiger operating system on mac, they've got these things called widgets. And some bright spark decided to make a stargate countdown one

There are currently 38 days left.

Also, to be not so completely off topic, I was watching the Brotherhood the other night.
                          I didn't get into TDO as much as what you guys seem to have. I'd already grew to love it somehow, but it was TB that hooked me in forevermore. The Rodney/Shep interaction in this was... perfection.

The complete and utter horror on Rodney's face when he realised Shep had turned down
                          Spoiler:
                          joining mensa
                          Gold! pure genius!

Comment

So you don't actually have a program to change the counter?
                            And here I thought you were all clever and stuff

I did wonder why it was wrong though - since I have a counter on my laptop. With the new release of the Tiger operating system on mac, they've got these things called widgets. And some bright spark decided to make a stargate countdown one

There are currently 38 days left.
                            Really? I realized I was off when you said that, but I did the math, and if I use the "one day left" to post on the 15th, that's 15 days plus the 25 we have left in June, so that's 40, right? Not 38.

And no, I'm no clever programmer. I leave that kind of stuff to McKay and Carter. But it wasn't too hard to do, I just changed the text in my text layer on my photoshop program, the same as you would a word program. It didn't take me too long, and it was kind of like inputing values into a database, which I'm pretty used to doing, so it wasn't even all that boring.

And to keep on topic, what is everyone's favorite McKay-Sheppard episode and/or fanfic?

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                            McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                            Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                            McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Also, to be not so completely off topic, I was watching the Brotherhood the other night.
                              I didn't get into TDO as much as what you guys seem to have. I'd already grew to love it somehow, but it was TB that hooked me in forevermore. The Rodney/Shep interaction in this was... perfection.

The complete and utter horror on Rodney's face when he realised Shep had turned down
                              Spoiler:
                              joining mensa
                              Gold! pure genius!
                              You mean this face?

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                You mean this face?

Yes! that face! I love you!

Comment

Working...
                                X