No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmm major bump from page that shall not be mentioned.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay, half way thru the premier of SGU -- NOT impressed!
      sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

i watched bout 20 mins then switched to thc cuz there were shows that i wanted to watch.. i'll catch it later.. prob sun night.
        sigpic

Comment

Just a picspam flyby since SGU is starting for me soon...

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
            i watched bout 20 mins then switched to thc cuz there were shows that i wanted to watch.. i'll catch it later.. prob sun night.
            I forced myself to watch the whole thing only so I'd have a clue if I watch it again in the future. I've done that before - pick something up in the middle and not understand the meaning of the show. Oh well, other than probably Monk, there wasnt anything else on... in otherwords there was no Truck race.
            sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Oh well.. we'll see...
              sigpic

Comment

Wow the LorneLovers have gone pretty quiet again!! Well before my nightly picspam I just wanted to do an OT on SGU:

Spoiler:
                I went into the premiere with a totally open mind. For me I’m just thrilled that Stargate is even on the air still! With that said – WOW there was a lot of talking in the episode! I mean I don’t remember SG-1 or SGA being that talky!

There were several things that really bothered me. The totally gratuitous sex scene for one (even if it did feature Brian J. Smith). That was not within the spirit of Stargate at all and was extremely disappointing for me. Next was the detestable actions of characters. I know SGU is supposed to be more “realistic” with its character portrayal but I couldn’t help but think as I watched ‘Did all of the decent human beings go to Atlantis?!’ With all of the underhanded actions of the characters – I just could not find them to be more relatable to me at all.

With all of that out I will say there were several things that saved the show for me. David Blue for one. Funny and cute and the only character I could relate to – David was a major highlight for me. Second I loved the premise that the Destiny could be / is sentient – in fact that saved the second half of Air for me and even has me excited to tune in for next week’s episode. Third, I found myself wishing I was Chloe Armstrong – if only to flirt with David Blue and be held / talk to Brian J. Smith!

Now on with the nightly picspam – See Spot Run!

Comment

Hi, Lorne Lovers!! How's it going tonight?

Cathain, we missed each other again!

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
                  Wow the LorneLovers have gone pretty quiet again!! Well before my nightly picspam I just wanted to do an OT on SGU:

Spoiler:
                  I went into the premiere with a totally open mind. For me I’m just thrilled that Stargate is even on the air still! With that said – WOW there was a lot of talking in the episode! I mean I don’t remember SG-1 or SGA being that talky!

There were several things that really bothered me. The totally gratuitous sex scene for one (even if it did feature Brian J. Smith). That was not within the spirit of Stargate at all and was extremely disappointing for me. Next was the detestable actions of characters. I know SGU is supposed to be more “realistic” with its character portrayal but I couldn’t help but think as I watched ‘Did all of the decent human beings go to Atlantis?!’ With all of the underhanded actions of the characters – I just could not find them to be more relatable to me at all.

With all of that out I will say there were several things that saved the show for me. David Blue for one. Funny and cute and the only character I could relate to – David was a major highlight for me. Second I loved the premise that the Destiny could be / is sentient – in fact that saved the second half of Air for me and even has me excited to tune in for next week’s episode. Third, I found myself wishing I was Chloe Armstrong – if only to flirt with David Blue and be held / talk to Brian J. Smith!

Now on with the nightly picspam – See Spot Run!
                  I'm with you about SGU.

Spoiler:
                  Things I liked and things I didn't. I found the characters hard to relate to. I had a hard time buying some of the things that were going on. And the fact that I didn't really emotionally connect with anybody--except for Eli a little bit--on the show that's supposed to be more character based... well... Eek. But I'm giving the show a chance and will watch it next week.
                  sigpic
                  Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                  I'm a 60%er!
                  ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Well for me SGU ---

Spoiler:
                    Was hard to follow. Wasnt impressed with the sexual scene either and I didnt recognize anyone other than LD Phillips and the gal who played the IOA person, Ming-na (or something like that, APOLOGIZE for butchering her name. I just recognized her from ER.) Eli was the only believable and 'real' person that I could see.. well other than of course Jack and Sam and Daniel and Walter and I think one other person on the 'Hammond' from the original series'
                    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
                      Well for me SGU ---

Spoiler:
                      Was hard to follow. Wasnt impressed with the sexual scene either and I didnt recognize anyone other than LD Phillips and the gal who played the IOA person, Ming-na (or something like that, APOLOGIZE for butchering her name. I just recognized her from ER.) Eli was the only believable and 'real' person that I could see.. well other than of course Jack and Sam and Daniel and Walter and I think one other person on the 'Hammond' from the original series'
                      Spoiler:
                      Yes, Major Marks, in a role without speaking! Ugh. LOL. But anywayz... I hated the sexual scene, too. A lot. Eli was great. I liked what we saw of Colonel Young, but he wasn't in it much. Most of the other characters will need to grow on me. Liked Scott, didn't love him.
                      sigpic
                      Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                      I'm a 60%er!
                      ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes, Major Marks, in a role without speaking! Ugh. LOL. But anywayz... I hated the sexual scene, too. A lot. Eli was great. I liked what we saw of Colonel Young, but he wasn't in it much. Most of the other characters will need to grow on me. Liked Scott, didn't love him.
                        I am sure that for at least 3 Fridays I will not waste my time watching or recording it. I'll enjoy the Truck races - even if the wrong guy wins and my guys do poorly!
                        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

I am sure that for at least 3 Fridays I will not waste my time watching or recording it. I'll enjoy the Truck races - even if the wrong guy wins and my guys do poorly!
                          LOL! I've never watched a Truck race before. Interesting.
                          sigpic
                          I'm a 60%er!
                          ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

LOL! I've never watched a Truck race before. Interesting.
                            What part of the world do you live in? There may be a reason you'v never watched one.
                            sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

What part of the world do you live in? There may be a reason you'v never watched one.
                              I live in America. You?
                              sigpic
                              I'm a 60%er!
                              ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I live in America. You?
                                Midwest US. I found you - forgot I still had the fan-map from a while ago. Actually NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is way better than the Cup series. It helps to know a few of the drivers and the drivers' drivers. It's huge fun to go and get down in the pits and hang with the teams.
                                sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X