No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Looks great! And your cutting DEFINATELY looks better than when I played around trying to come up with something.
    Awesome job Rowena!

Thanks to both of you. Took me the whole evening to finish this one... and when I was nearly done with the cutting, my laptop froze. Good thing someone told me ten minutes prior how to save the image with the layers intact...
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
      I come bearing my first banner (although the cutting job could have been better...):

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...g?t=1217711930
      I think it's great YOu wouldn't like to see my first attemps

You are using gimp? I know a few good tricks for cutting

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
        That's what I have. Would you be interested in sharing with a novice like me?

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
          I think it's great YOu wouldn't like to see my first attemps

Nope, Photoshop. Needed two years or something to get my dad and help me install it on my laptop... (you wouldn't believe the daughter of a programmer to be so totally clueless when it's about installing software...)
          I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
          ------

Comment

Nope, Photoshop. Needed two years or something to get my dad and help me install it on my laptop... (you wouldn't believe the daughter of a programmer to be so totally clueless when it's about installing software...)
            Well, I partly studied informatics but I could never be a programmer (I can create something easier in php and that's all).

But even if you use photoshop, you could find help on this thread. I was created by S/J family but it's for everyone and about all artwork. You can ask there or find something already, there are a lot of tuts for all.

Comment

Oh, thanks a lot for the link
              I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
              ------

Comment

What version? I haven't cracked mine open in a long time, too busy with work and school

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                  What version? I haven't cracked mine open in a long time, too busy with work and school
                  Ahem... CS3, I believe (that's the good thing about having a computer pro dad... you always get the best of the best, and someone to help you with if there's still trouble with it... well... if you ask nicely... and have the patience to wait for two years ).
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                  ------

Comment

Ahem... CS3, I believe (that's the good thing about having a computer pro dad... you always get the best of the best, and someone to help you with if there's still trouble with it... well... if you ask nicely... and have the patience to wait for two years ).
                    nice...I just have Elements, but it does what I want it to so I'm happy with it. I know this has been asked before but how do people get their banners to rotate?

Comment

Lorne is so yummy!
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

nice...I just have Elements, but it does what I want it to so I'm happy with it. I know this has been asked before but how do people get their banners to rotate?
                        That is a very good question. Someone mentioned "imagerotate", but I have no idea how that works.
                        I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                        ------

Comment

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...t/sga/49-1.jpg
                          You must login on some servers and upload the sigs there, it will rotate automatically. You just have to put the link into your signature on gw.
                          Right now I am using http://clintonio.com. Some people still use http://www.imagerotate.com but this one falls sometimes. It's really easy, just register and you will understand it.

Comment

ah, thanks for the info!

some holster action

Comment

ohhhhhhhh *drools*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marli View Post
                                hello i love kavan and his caractere, pics with his pretty smile (with zelenka)
                                Hello and welcome Marli!! We’re always welcoming new LorneLovers

I come bearing my first banner (although the cutting job could have been better...):

Rowena I love it! I love that song so much!

Originally posted by Klorel View Post
                                Lorne is so yummy!
                                Hi Klorel and welcome! (Sorry if you’ve been welcomed before, its been a long day *laughs*)

Here’s a quick save from page two and a quick rundown of Atlantis Season Five so far:

Spoiler:

Search & Rescue: Lorne!
                                The Seed: Lorne Mentioned!
                                Broken Ties: Lorne!
                                The Daedalus Variations: Lorne!

Comment

Working...
                                X