Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immertreu View Post
    Congrats, Kass!! [I knew it, lol]
    Thanks Imm! [sorry I didn't say anything yesterday when we were chatting. nerves and all that ]

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
    Yippie -- good for you! You gonna ask for "personal delivery from the items 'owner'" since you're so close?
    I wish that were an option. Sadly the item is in California

OH! I almost forgot. They now have his costume from Sunday up for auction.

You know this one:

(It is HERE and includes Jeans, T-shirt, and the blue checked shirt )
    Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
      That's weird - considering pretty much everything Stargate was done in and around Vancouver. Bummer.
      sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Thanks Imm! [sorry I didn't say anything yesterday when we were chatting. nerves and all that ]
        No worries. As I said, I kinda knew it anyway. I'm so happy for you.

Very weird. *hugs*

Wow. Makes you wonder if there'll be anything left of the Stargate sets and props when they are done with the auctions...
        Last edited by immertreu; 02 February 2010, 02:15 AM.

Comment

*Runs in bouncing and squeeing happily*

I WON THE KAVAN CHAIR BACK!!!!!

*runs back out squeeing*
          Yay! Pity you lost the Cadman shirt, though

OT:

Spoiler:
          Also, I finished moving house on Saturday and am now officially a Berliner again. I still feel like I have to go back to Erfurt at some point... I think I just need to get used to not being a Berliner in transit anymore
          I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
          I will never accept defeat.
          I will never quit.
          I will never leave a fallen comrade.
          ------
          "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

You know this one:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...20Sunday/4.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...0Sunday/14.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...0Sunday/25.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...0Sunday/46.jpg

(It is HERE and includes Jeans, T-shirt, and the blue checked shirt )
            WOW!!!!!! I just assumed that those were Kavan's regular street clothes. I seem to remember on one of the SGA dvds that when Joe had to wear regular clothes he said they were his - just what he'd worn to the set that day.
            Spoiler:
            gee --- I wonder if they were washed after that scene!!

A friend of mine is obsessed with the Blade ep. Take a look at this.

Blade Gallery
            Oh thats COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind if I 'use' them in the future? Someone has some real talent.

Congrats on getting all moved, Row.
            sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Congrats on getting all moved, Row.
              Thank you

OT:

Spoiler:
              Although I still would like to strangle the landlord for making me feel like I totally ran down the apartment after I spent about six hours only cleaning it (and had to clean away some of the messes the tenant before me left behind) and telling me he needed to charge me part of my deposit money because "someone professional needs to clean here... it'll take at least 4 hours" (maybe someone should consider changing their cleaning service if they need 4 hours for a 52qm apartment that basically is clean...). Also... he told me he'd send me the protocoll last weekend... it's still not in my mailbox.
              I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
              ------

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                Thank you

OT:

Spoiler:
                Although I still would like to strangle the landlord for making me feel like I totally ran down the apartment after I spent about six hours only cleaning it (and had to clean away some of the messes the tenant before me left behind) and telling me he needed to charge me part of my deposit money because "someone professional needs to clean here... it'll take at least 4 hours" (maybe someone should consider changing their cleaning service if they need 4 hours for a 52qm apartment that basically is clean...). Also... he told me he'd send me the protocoll last weekend... it's still not in my mailbox.
                Spoiler:
                Oh that stinks -- how long were you there? Dont suppose you took pix of the place when you moved in or the other tenant's mess? We use a check-in sheet for new tenants as well as a check-out sheet and (try) to go thru it with the people when the leave. That is assuming they actually give proper notice, dont break the lease and dont leave in the middle of the nite. Has the guy not heard of "normal wear and tear"! Here, security deposit retention is only allowed for tenant damage, waste or neglect of premisis - not for cleaning. painting or carpet cleaning resulting from "normal wear and tear". But then again that is over here and in this state. Good luck with the guy.
                sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Oh that stinks -- how long were you there? Dont suppose you took pix of the place when you moved in or the other tenant's mess? We use a check-in sheet for new tenants as well as a check-out sheet and (try) to go thru it with the people when the leave. That is assuming they actually give proper notice, dont break the lease and dont leave in the middle of the nite. Has the guy not heard of "normal wear and tear"! Here, security deposit retention is only allowed for tenant damage, waste or neglect of premisis - not for cleaning. painting or carpet cleaning resulting from "normal wear and tear". But then again that is over here and in this state. Good luck with the guy.
                  Spoiler:
                  I've lived there for 4 years. For the majority, I had a different landlord until he had to sell the apartment to the current one (the one who wants to bill the cleaning on me). Usually, the new guy appeared to be someone who was really helpful and okay and everything... oh well. In Germany it used to be standard that you had to repaint your apartment when you move out (Federal Court of Justice ruled a while ago that it was illegal to put such clauses in lease contracts but I was fuzzy on the details so I didn't want to risk anything...) so I did. Funny thing is: He saw all the little stuff that really WAS wear and tear (by my standards, anyway) but totally overlooked the serious stuff (like an ugly scratch in the laminate the shipping company guys caused...). And I really need that check-out log so I can cancel my electricity contract... grr!

Also, I'm thinking about signing up for Unscheduled Off-World Activation challenge... do or don't?

And does anyone know when the nominations for the SG Fan Awards 2009 will be out (well, and if there will actually be a SG Fan Award 2009.... Iris Awards have been canceled, after all...)?
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                  ------

Comment

That's weird - considering pretty much everything Stargate was done in and around Vancouver. Bummer.
                    Well that's just where the company is located that acquired the props. If it were in Vancouver, I'd volunteer to drive up there and pick it up

No worries. As I said, I kinda knew it anyway. I'm so happy for you.
                    well I'll make sure I share pictures once it arrives

Very weird. *hugs*
                    Yeah it is very weird (especially because the shipping is rather outrageous when you consider that it is a piece of fabric )

Wow. Makes you wonder if there'll be anything left of the Stargate sets and props when they are done with the auctions...
                    I'm sure they will have a bunch left. You do have to consider that they have 15 years worth of 'junk' (props etc) to sort through. That's a LOT of stuff!

Yay! Pity you lost the Cadman shirt, though
                    Well as I'm sure you saw on twitter- I've never been so happy to lose something in my life! (I'll tell you the price I *almost* ended up paying later ) Oh and it makes it so much better for the whole discussion we had regarding the chair back and the shirt

WOW!!!!!! I just assumed that those were Kavan's regular street clothes. I seem to remember on one of the SGA dvds that when Joe had to wear regular clothes he said they were his - just what he'd worn to the set that day.
                    Spoiler:
                    Apparently not
                    Spoiler:
                    Gee had to go say that did you? Actually its better than what my friend said when I told her I was thinking of bidding she asked what I would do with them and then was all "OH I know! You'll
                    Spoiler:
                    go get one of those inflatable people(replace with the other non-pg name ) and dress it in the clothes won't you?. CRAP! I just gave you an idea, didn't i?!

Also, I'm thinking about signing up for Unscheduled Off-World Activation challenge... do or don't?
                    Just say NO! (if you do its the wet noodle for you!)
                    Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                    sigpic

Comment

Well as I'm sure you saw on twitter- I've never been so happy to lose something in my life! (I'll tell you the price I *almost* ended up paying later ) Oh and it makes it so much better for the whole discussion we had regarding the chair back and the shirt
                      Still... awwww

Just say NO! (if you do its the wet noodle for you!)
                      But... it could be fun... I could get to write something other than Lorne/Cadman...
                      I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                      ------

Comment

Still... awwww
                        Nah really considering what I *nearly* paid for that thing... lets just say it was way way way over the magic number we discussed as the 'highest amount' I was willing to pay for it. *facepalm*

But... it could be fun... I could get to write something other than Lorne/Cadman...
                        True...*sighs* We'll discuss it this afternoon.
                        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I've lived there for 4 years. For the majority, I had a different landlord until he had to sell the apartment to the current one (the one who wants to bill the cleaning on me). Usually, the new guy appeared to be someone who was really helpful and okay and everything... oh well. In Germany it used to be standard that you had to repaint your apartment when you move out (Federal Court of Justice ruled a while ago that it was illegal to put such clauses in lease contracts but I was fuzzy on the details so I didn't want to risk anything...) so I did. Funny thing is: He saw all the little stuff that really WAS wear and tear (by my standards, anyway) but totally overlooked the serious stuff (like an ugly scratch in the laminate the shipping company guys caused...). And I really need that check-out log so I can cancel my electricity contract... grr!
                          Spoiler:
                          Yikes --- wonder if the guy is reaching for excuses to not pay back the deposit because he didnt get it from the old owner and it will have to come from his own pocket. From a landlord's point of view - I prefer tenants NOT paint. Not everyone really knows how to paint and I've seen some pretty awful jobs! At least if it looks like crap and I do it myself, I can only blame myself and dont if trash the trim and have to replace it, it's my own fault.

And does anyone know when the nominations for the SG Fan Awards 2009 will be out (well, and if there will actually be a SG Fan Award 2009.... Iris Awards have been canceled, after all...)?
                          Dont know about the challenge ..

So they xxld the Iris Awards, huh? Was sorta hoping for something like that this year. Thats a bummer. I did see something about SG-1 Blue Moon awards .. but nothing about SGA.

Well that's just where the company is located that acquired the props. If it were in Vancouver, I'd volunteer to drive up there and pick it up

Yeah it is very weird (especially because the shipping is rather outrageous when you consider that it is a piece of fabric )

I'm sure they will have a bunch left. You do have to consider that they have 15 years worth of 'junk' (props etc) to sort through. That's a LOT of stuff!
                          Yes, I've seen some unbelievable shipping charges for stuff off ebay. Wonder if they were trying to cover their bases if it went overseas. Hmmmm, maybe

Spoiler:
                          my sister-in-law can run over and pick it up. She lives outside LA (assuming the company is in LA) and send it to me. I'll send it to you (when I'm done with it!)

Apparently not
                          Spoiler:
                          Gee had to go say that did you? Actually its better than what my friend said when I told her I was thinking of bidding she asked what I would do with them and then was all "OH I know! You'll
                          Spoiler:
                          go get one of those inflatable people(replace with the other non-pg name ) and dress it in the clothes won't you?. CRAP! I just gave you an idea, didn't i?!

Hmmm, hadn't really thought of that idea........ I can just see using that to get into the car-pool lane on the freeway!
                          Spoiler:
                          I could always ..... forget it .........
                          Spoiler:
                          if I only lived alone!!!
                          sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            And yes, Joe wore his own clothes at the end of "Conversion".

Oh thats COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind if I 'use' them in the future? Someone has some real talent.
                            I'm sure she wouldn't mind, but I'll ask her, ok?

Congrats on getting all moved, Row! And your landlord sounds a lot like mine... *hugs*

well I'll make sure I share pictures once it arrives
                            Yes, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase!

True... It was just a depressing thought... I didn't get enough sleep last night.

Comment

Yes, I've seen some unbelievable shipping charges for stuff off ebay. Wonder if they were trying to cover their bases if it went overseas. Hmmmm, maybe

Spoiler:
                              my sister-in-law can run over and pick it up. She lives outside LA (assuming the company is in LA) and send it to me. I'll send it to you (when I'm done with it!)
                              Well they are charging a flat $20 fee for most items. For the bigger items I get that but it seems really silly for my piece of fabric you know?

and
                              Spoiler:
                              Nah, I'm good. If I got *really* desperate I have a friend flying to California next week or the week after....

Hmmm, hadn't really thought of that idea........ I can just see using that to get into the car-pool lane on the freeway!
                              Spoiler:
                              I could always ..... forget it .........
                              Spoiler:
                              if I only lived alone!!!
                              *snort* Yeah I wouldn't dare do that. The tickets for that around here are *ridiculous* (plus if I have to drive anywhere I usually have the kid and she counts toward 'carpool' status and we're a 2+ state )
                              Spoiler:
                              It sucks when the really good ideas strike doesn't it?
                              Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                              sigpic

Comment

And yes, Joe wore his own clothes at the end of "Conversion".

I'm sure she wouldn't mind, but I'll ask her, ok?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...GA/dimples.jpg
                                That's right - it was Conversion - couldnt think of the name - I just remember the scene at the end with Teyla.

Thnx....

Well they are charging a flat $20 fee for most items. For the bigger items I get that but it seems really silly for my piece of fabric you know?

and
                                Spoiler:
                                Nah, I'm good. If I got *really* desperate I have a friend flying to California next week or the week after....
                                Okay, then -- And -yes, some of the bigger things I'm sure will cost more than what they list.

*snort* Yeah I wouldn't dare do that. The tickets for that around here are *ridiculous* (plus if I have to drive anywhere I usually have the kid and she counts toward 'carpool' status and we're a 2+ state )
                                Spoiler:
                                It sucks when the really good ideas strike doesn't it?
                                Hmmm, actually dont have those lanes around here, so I dont know about fines and tickets. I see them when we go thru MKE or CHI.
                                Spoiler:
                                They wouldnt know what to do with carpool lanes here - they are stupid enough to make the speed limint 65mph in and around town on the freeway - then drop you to 55mph out of town. And the freeway around town - not built to hold the traffic it does. No brains - no headaches, I guess....

Sure does!!!
                                sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X