X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
    Guilty as charged!

Lets see.. Ep replacement.. hmm:

Kinda hard considering all the GOOD ones have already been mentioned. I'll back the votes for Phantoms and Remnants. DRAT!
    For eps how about Last Man?

Startrek
    Spoiler:
    Hey theres nothing wrong with startrek .. which is your fav series?

Banner Made By: Fainne | I'm a 60%er | My Youtube

Comment

@Row ... nice little ficlet. Hardly a blink on the shippyness radar. You're skidding close, but it's still okay.

Btw, Lorne a tankie? What has our poor flyboy come down to?

Btw2, do you know the National Geographic article on female war correspondents? Interesting reading.
      sigpic
      I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
        @Row ... nice little ficlet. Hardly a blink on the shippyness radar. You're skidding close, but it's still okay.
        Thank you I'm afraid, though, the next two installments might not be kethry-safe anymore

Btw, Lorne a tankie? What has our poor flyboy come down to?
        Eh... poetic licence? For the sake of the story? And really, we had Army flyboys just yesterday (okay, seriously: I wanted him to be in the thick of the action, but not too close to enemy lines so I figured both flyboy and paras/infantry were out of question, which is about the same reason for making him a Captain in this story - if he'd already been a Major, he sure as hell wouldn't have been as close to the front as he was)

Btw2, do you know the National Geographic article on female war correspondents? Interesting reading.
        Nope. You have a link for it? (and yeah, thanks to little_details on LJ I know have two new books on my amazon wishlist amazon doesn't even ship...)
        I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
        I will never accept defeat.
        I will never quit.
        I will never leave a fallen comrade.
        ------
        "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

time for my daily dose of Lorne Thunking!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyconia View Post
            You know, I was thinking that one but(unless we're talking about a COMPLETE series switch) I didn't see Lorne "important" enough for the galaxy to fall apart if he got thrown into the future... But on the other hand, I bet a lot of you girls would have loved the "trek across the plaza through a sand storm then passing out for a few hours" bit if it was Lorne.

P.S. Please don't stone me for part of what I just said.. it didn't really come out the way I wanted!

Startrek
            Spoiler:
            Hey theres nothing wrong with startrek .. which is your fav series?
            Star Trek OT and Length:
            Spoiler:
            A lot of people hated this but I really really REALLY loved Voyager. In my opinion it was the best (I always tell people that the only reason the ship survived as long as it did was because there was a woman in charge ) I also liked Enterprise but to agree with some other opinions, it didn't REALLY get good until the last couple of seasons. TNG was pretty good too. Couldn't really get into DS9 (although Nana Vistor is AMAZING!!! I got the chance to meet her back in July when I was SUPPOSED to meet Kavan for the first time!! ) Loved TOS (what I've seen) and the movies... well, except for ST V: TFF.. that one just plain out SUCKED!!! I'm hopeful that the new movie will be okay. I'm keeping an open mind with that one. Same thing applies for Universe. Who knows, it/they might be good. My openmindedness got me hooked on the new Knight Rider. When I first heard about it, I was VERY doubtful. But now, I get very if I miss an ep! Thank goodness for iTunes!

Ok, I've ranted and raved enough!! Shutting up now

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
              Thank you I'm afraid, though, the next two installments might not be kethry-safe anymore

Eh... poetic licence? For the sake of the story? And really, we had Army flyboys just yesterday (okay, seriously: I wanted him to be in the thick of the action, but not too close to enemy lines so I figured both flyboy and paras/infantry were out of question, which is about the same reason for making him a Captain in this story - if he'd already been a Major, he sure as hell wouldn't have been as close to the front as he was)

Nope. You have a link for it? (and yeah, thanks to little_details on LJ I know have two new books on my amazon wishlist amazon doesn't even ship...)

No longer Kethry-safe hm? Too bad.

Well, with Lorne as a flyboy it might also have been a bit difficult to always have her be a pia. Tankies stay on the ground. He can't run away.

WCs
              sigpic

Comment

Poor Lorne, having to deal with Rodney. Interesting though. I can so see/hear him lose patience with Rodney.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                  You know, I was thinking that one but(unless we're talking about a COMPLETE series switch) I didn't see Lorne "important" enough for the galaxy to fall apart if he got thrown into the future... But on the other hand, I bet a lot of you girls would have loved the "trek across the plaza through a sand storm then passing out for a few hours" bit if it was Lorne.

P.S. Please don't stone me for part of what I just said.. it didn't really come out the way I wanted!

Star Trek OT and Length:
                  Spoiler:
                  A lot of people hated this but I really really REALLY loved Voyager. In my opinion it was the best (I always tell people that the only reason the ship survived as long as it did was because there was a woman in charge ) I also liked Enterprise but to agree with some other opinions, it didn't REALLY get good until the last couple of seasons. TNG was pretty good too. Couldn't really get into DS9 (although Nana Vistor is AMAZING!!! I got the chance to meet her back in July when I was SUPPOSED to meet Kavan for the first time!! ) Loved TOS (what I've seen) and the movies... well, except for ST V: TFF.. that one just plain out SUCKED!!! I'm hopeful that the new movie will be okay. I'm keeping an open mind with that one. Same thing applies for Universe. Who knows, it/they might be good. My openmindedness got me hooked on the new Knight Rider. When I first heard about it, I was VERY doubtful. But now, I get very if I miss an ep! Thank goodness for iTunes!

Ok, I've ranted and raved enough!! Shutting up now
                  I can counter the Lorne unimportant thing if it weren't for Lorne shep would possibly be dead on many occations ... lol but i see what you mean and i wont stone you ... couldnt even if i wanted to cant throw for toffee

Spoiler:
                  Hmm I think TNG was my fav then Voy and then DS9 never really liked enterprise and i wasnt too fussed on TOS, but i loved most of the movies and the next one looks good i hope it is i wish they would have done a Voyager one. As for the series its true with quite a few scifi series they get better towards the end. Knight Rider ... *prepares for stoning* i dont think ive seen that ... is that the one with a car called kit

As for ranting , ranting is good

Banner Made By: Fainne | I'm a 60%er | My Youtube

Comment

No longer Kethry-safe hm? Too bad.
                    Probably. I mean, you could try reading them... but don't say I didn't warn you

Well, with Lorne as a flyboy it might also have been a bit difficult to always have her be a pia. Tankies stay on the ground. He can't run away.
                    Exactly

WCs
                    Thank you! (and it just served to feed the original fiction bunny that developed from the little Fanfic100-trilogy... if it wasn't for the insane amount of research I would have to do for it, I'd already started writing...)
                    I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                    ------

Comment

It's been an interesting but strangely productive week. I now have 8 siggie banners up on clintonio. I'll post all of them tomorrow, so you can tell me how I'm doing. I wish I had a program with more features to apply. *frowns*

It's getting late and I'd better try to get some sleep.

Night all.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can counter the Lorne unimportant thing if it weren't for Lorne shep would possibly be dead on many occations ... lol but i see what you mean and i wont stone you ... couldnt even if i wanted to cant throw for toffee

Spoiler:
                        Hmm I think TNG was my fav then Voy and then DS9 never really liked enterprise and i wasnt too fussed on TOS, but i loved most of the movies and the next one looks good i hope it is i wish they would have done a Voyager one. As for the series its true with quite a few scifi series they get better towards the end. Knight Rider ... *prepares for stoning* i dont think ive seen that ... is that the one with a car called kit

As for ranting , ranting is good
                        So true. Without Lorne, there wouldn't have been a Sheppard in season 2 (although in my opinion, the "1st Generation 'Lorne'" was Sgt. Stackhouse who disappeared close to the end of season 1. Without Stacks, there were some instances where Shep wouldn't have even MADE it to season 2) Oh, thanks for not stoning me!

Spoiler:
                        I have my mom to thank for getting me started on Star Trek. She used to record the original eps and play them back after sitting me in front of the TV when I was younger.

And yes, Knight Rider is about a car called KITT. When the show came out in the 80's (82-86. before my time, i was born in 87) the full name was the Knight Industries Two Thousand. I was HOOKED on the show because the car ROCKED!!!! When NBC announced a reboot/continuation, I had my doubts. But after I saw the TV movie, my doubts went away. But sadly, I'm one of the few people who like LOVE the new show!!! Oh, and since you were nice on not stoning me, I'll return the favor!

Comment

@Queen- that one was *totally* on my list

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                          Oh, and mac is the best beta ever Yesterday, I asked her to beta my three Fanfic100 AU pieces (because they are WWII-pieces and they showed "Pearl Harbor" on TV yesterday...) and I got all three of them back this afternoon. Here's the first one: "Win when I lose" (I do think it might be kethry-safe since it's pre-friendship... but mac reminded me to stick a language warning to it... really, guys... don't say I didn't warn you ).
                          Read and reviewed. Though I had a moment of Deja Vu there where I was all 'Didn't I JUST read this?!'

Yeah to Mac.
                          Awww thanks Kethry

Nah, I don't think that one would be good because really
                          Spoiler:
                          General Shep? *shakes head* meh.
                          Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
                            Read and reviewed. Though I had a moment of Deja Vu there where I was all 'Didn't I JUST read this?!'
                            Oh well, it's only been a few hours... And of course you get dibs on the Captain (admit it: That's the only reason you volunteered as a beta!).
                            I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                            ------

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post

^^ And full on boot, holstered and whumped.... definitely taking my mind off the other fella now!!
                              Okay, got lots of catching up to do! But there's one more thing in this pic you forgot to mention --- the tight-across-the-front pants!!!!
                              sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

ohhh yes... i'd love to have seen double lorne in DG... now that would have been HOT!

Spoiler:
                                hmm Gen. Shep... nah... don't sound right... but who knows... *giggles*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X