Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
    Oh no worries! It’s not an easy name anyway. I’ve had it pronounced and mispronounced a thousand different ways! I much preferred ‘Cath’ to a butchering of my name
    And now youhave me wondering how it is pronounced.

*laughs* For me it would come down to what sorta flu? I mean if it’s the stomach then stay away from me! Me and throwing up *really* don’t get along. Rest assured though, in the vid he said he’d had it for awhile, you’re only contagious the first few days – I’m sure you’ll be good
    Oh, stomach flu? Then I'd be good, I almost never get those. Headcold, though ....just a whiff of it in the air and I'm down.

My stomach troubles are usually stress related.

You should tell her about the group Atlantis photo. We weren’t even *sure* Kavan was in it and yet, there was a chance and half of us were trying to find him
    Well, he belonged in it. They ought to have had him there for it. Lorne is so much neglected. Booo!

Kethry
    sigpic
    I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Three.....!

Kethry
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
        There was only one thing I found wrong with the interview (besides me not getting to be the one doing it!). It killed most of my plotbunnies!!! No seriously - now I can only imagine Lorne as the real person Kavan!!!!! It's hard for me to write fantasy/fiction about a real person.
        Nope, no problem for me. For some reason, Lorne and Kavan are two entirely different people in my mind....

yeah, yeah, I know, my mind is a pretty strange place. I've been living with it for some time now, so I should know.

Kethry
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats on any milestones folks!

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
          Oh I say !
          Sorry!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
            Nope, no problem for me. For some reason, Lorne and Kavan are two entirely different people in my mind....

yeah, yeah, I know, my mind is a pretty strange place. I've been living with it for some time now, so I should know.

Kethry
            Actually, I understand that, because that's how it works for me as well. So... even if it's strange, you're not alone with it
            I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
            I will never accept defeat.
            I will never quit.
            I will never leave a fallen comrade.
            ------
            "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
              Lol. Hopefully better than Bambam, who was fed Scotch by Paul until 5am and could barely walk at the end of it
              Oh my...poor Bambam...he ought to know better than to hang out with a Scot. Right FF?

Do you mean the cast photo? Cause if you do, unfortunately Kavan wasn't on set that day so missed it. I meant to ask that in the interview but kinda ran out of time so I asked him later.

Cool that you asked him, but boooo that he wasn't included.

Everybody and their dog were there. Not that I mind, but still....

Oh, I know Fuchsia! She's lovely, we were both dressed up in full tactical gear at one point!

I haven't had time to upload my photos (straight back to RL... ) but I'll try and get them done soon.
              Do any pics of that exist and if they do will we get to see them?

Kethry
              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=mackenziesmomma;9649202]
                Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                Do you mean the cast photo? Cause if you do, unfortunately Kavan wasn't on set that day so missed it. I meant to ask that in the interview but kinda ran out of time so I asked him later.

*pouts* Awww man. You mean that my microscope was wrong?! *sigh* And here we thought he was that guy on the edge of the picture turned sideways. Blast that he wasn't on set he should of been there.

That was the only guy with any kind of chance of being him that we could find. It was avery long shot, and now we know it wasn't him. Still mad about it here.

Kethry
                sigpic

Comment

Hi to all.. beginning to think everyone had passed out from watching the interview.

Spoiler:
                  Had to laugh at Kavan's answer to the music question and his opinion of country music. There are 2 songs by an up & coming Canadian (Langley, BC) country artist that make me think of him!!

and of yodelling... Now where he has heard that beats me, but well...his opinion is similar to mine.

Still playing catch-up...when I'm there you all have probably left.

I won't mention the page number.

Kethry
                  sigpic

Comment

Not quite but almost

I'll never be able to see pics like this again without thinking of what he said
                    Spoiler:

I actually quite liked his answer to that one.... apart from his fooling around, it confirmed what we thought. Though Lorne might have overdone it a bit

I like that he is very outspoken in his belief that shooting is nothing to be undertaken lightly and that he is very much against owning a gun.

Kethry
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                      OT
                      Spoiler:
                      OMG, I'm related to a scientific genius. I feel so unaccomplished now... but at least I finally managed to understand what my sister's thesis is going to be about and why she has to do the research in Vancouver (I read her proposal for her application for a scholarship).
                      Hey, dont feel bad --
                      Spoiler:
                      my brother is one too..has a PhD in AstroPhysics AND is a SciFi book author. Talk about feeling like the ignorant sibling!
                      sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                        He might give Tweety's normal respose; "I tawt I tawt a puty tat!"

Hey, I've caught up with myself!

Kethry
                        sigpic

Comment

Hehe yep I saw that a few days after I PM'd my question to FF. For the first time fingers crossed worked!

I've been on the BF website and had a look around. I'm thinking of e-mailing them to find out when it's likely to be available.
                          and you will, of course, let us know if/when they answer.

Good idea, better even than waiting or an Amazon alert.

Kethry
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, I've caught up with myself!

Kethry
                            Well done!

Edit: anyone else having Photobucket issues? It's being a right git!

sigpic

Comment

Oh dear, I'm in trouble. I'm older than dirt and I have never been able to act my age.

Doomed, I say, I'm doomed.

Well, I can always give Kavan as good as I get. I'm good at smartass remarks that pass right through from my vocal chords to my mouth without the slightest detour through my brain.

Kethry
                              I put it this way -- I'm older than Kavan but not quite as old as dirt!!
                              sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Hey, dont feel bad --
                                Spoiler:
                                my brother is one too..has a PhD in AstroPhysics AND is a SciFi book author. Talk about feeling like the ignorant sibling!
                                Okay, you win hands down My sister's PhD will take a while (she has to finish her undergrad thesis before ), I guess, and the writing one in the family is me
                                I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                                I will never accept defeat.
                                I will never quit.
                                I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                                ------
                                "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Working...
                                X