Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
    And I am looking forward to seeing him in Sanctuary this weekend. Wit a second season green lit, that means he'll be in it as a semi-regular now, doesn't it? *fingers crossed to breaking
    At least that's what we're hoping for

As for your books: Never could really get into Darkover (I loved the Avalon-books and the Troy-book, though), but it sounds really lovely. You know, one of my secret wishes for a vacation is exactly that: Winter, North Sea or Baltic Sea, tons of books... sounds like a dream, really.
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Hi Mac..

All set for the con-experience of your life? Camera and mike at the ready? We want a word for word account, of course.

Let's hope Kavan had time for a change of clothes. He must have been so sick and tired of his limited wardrobe by the time he reached Cherry Hill.

Kethry
      Yeah, I suddenly noticed .. wait, same clothes as New Zealand!

Oh, can someone at Burbank ask him about the pilot he filmed with Torri Higginson? He mentioned it in NJ, but no details, and I'd be curious if he'd heard anything more on it. I'd love to know what each of them played in it. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Mac..

All set for the con-experience of your life? Camera and mike at the ready? We want a word for word account, of course.

Let's hope Kavan had time for a change of clothes. He must have been so sick and tired of his limited wardrobe by the time he reached Cherry Hill.

Kethry
        @Kethry- yes, I'm set Camera, but no mike(no sound or video recordings ) I would think that since he had basically 2 full weeks between Con's this go round he should have new clothes or they should at least be clean.

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Oh, can someone at Burbank ask him about the pilot he filmed with Torri Higginson? He mentioned it in NJ, but no details, and I'd be curious if he'd heard anything more on it. I'd love to know what each of them played in it. Thanks!
        I'll see what I can do!
        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
          there is a bunch of new thigh holster pics mixed in there as well(I think around the 100 mark or so)

Also some neck and Goggles!

I don't know if we can take both neck and goggles!

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Yeah, I suddenly noticed .. wait, same clothes as New Zealand!

Hi Elyse! Thanks so much for taking the time to write out such a detailed account of the con. It's not quite the same as being there, but at least it's the second best thing. I think, I would have passed on the hotel problems at any cost. *LOL*

Yep, it's hard to tell what con the pics are from...he looks the same in all three of them. You need the background banners to see where he was. OTOH, it must have been a nice way of combining work and a semi-vacation. Two weeks of almost round-the-world travel and "only" work at the weekends. Too bad his wife and son couldn't join him. But I know all about kids who hate to travel, so I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

*LOL* I haven't read all the reports yet, but he has his stories down pat, hasn't he? I really wonder what is true and what isn't.

BTW, did you read ailurophile6's con report? She mentioned that Kavan said he was born in 1964! Now we can wonder whether that was true or not. *LOL* With Kavan you obviously never know. I am still not quite ready to believe the juvie story.

I have also been wondering about the 2-3 projects Kavan mentioned. Wouldn't it be great, if the pilot he did with Torri worked out and made it to a complete series? I liked Torri very much in SGA and still think it was a mistake to write her out of the show --- and even worse the way they behaved towards her. Torri had great chemistry with her fellow cast members and I always liked Weir and Sheppard together, not necessarily in a romantic way, they were great friends and colleagues and she got him like nobody else did. Too bad the writers couldn't see that.

For an "actors-with-no-lines" con, it still sounded great and very nice, especially being not such a big event. I get the impression that everybody got what he/she came for and no one went away disappointed. One day I'd love to do a con like that myself.

Kethry
            sigpic
            I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
              At least that's what we're hoping for

As for your books: Never could really get into Darkover (I loved the Avalon-books and the Troy-book, though), but it sounds really lovely. You know, one of my secret wishes for a vacation is exactly that: Winter, North Sea or Baltic Sea, tons of books... sounds like a dream, really.
              OT on my vacation...

Spoiler:
              I have all the Darkover books, love some more than others, but on the whole - I am a fan of the Comyn, the earlier books more than the later ones, though Deborah J. Ross is doing a very good job with continuing the series IMO. MZB got me into ff...female fantasy. I adore Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar books and usually can't pass by a new Pern novel, even though McCaffrey's son is a far cry from his mom. *sigh*

It was my kind of vacation all around: Hardly any people around, great food, the only "work" the decision where to eat what, the North Sea, okayish weather - hardly any rain, a little too windy from time to time, but as long as you go where the wind blows and find a way home, who cares.

I did miss my net connection. I tried to get online a few times, but didn't get a stable enough connection to do much. Pages with pics almost never loaded anyway, so I didn't try very hard. Too much else to do anyway. I had music, books and not a care in the world. I want to be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack there. *sniff*

I'd have loved to stay, but the weatherforecast said storms for the rest of the week and since I have to work on Saturday and I am the poorest of sailors, I took the coward's way out and left today while the weather was still lovely and the ferry not likely to make me lose my breakfast. I know I am a wimp.

I missed you all and our talks and pics, that was the one bad part of it.

Kethry
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post

I don't know if we can take both neck and goggles!
                well the way I cap(frame by meticulous frame) you have to I think there were even some new tongue caps buried in there as well(I got a little bit of everything- neck, tongue, six, goggles, thigh holster)
                Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                  Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest this thought after that pic: Are we gonna get a "Casual Lorne that is rushed into duty"? Look at the shirt, I've never seen anyone else wear a shirt that has yellow rings around the collar and sleeves. Then again, don't really know the circumstances of the events in that pic yet, either! I'm probably just gonna keep digging my grave with that thought...

And mac the dog is Mutley. Dick Dasterdly is the "evil" guy with the mustache and funky big hat. Probably best known for "drat, drat, double drat!" But you already knew that though
                  Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                  My guess is that it's a rehearsal. Although yours is nice as well
                  My thoughts exactly

Looks good CKO *Snurches*

Originally posted by Taoth Vaclarush View Post
                  I was running for ages yesterday

Thankfully I do *hides*

*admires all the pics* mmh
                  Poor TV *huggles*

So since I'm fully packed for Burbank and was bored I decided to sit down and cap out "Conversion". I got 114 'new' caps you can find them HERE.

Now I'm sure most of these caps are probably floating around elsewhere, but, it still gave me something to do

So I hope you enjoy a sampling:
                  Spoilered for number
                  Spoiler:

Okey, this one had in giggles!
                  I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Kethry
                    He's a guy.....bet he didn't even notice!!!

well the way I cap(frame by meticulous frame) you have to I think there were even some new tongue caps buried in there as well(I got a little bit of everything- neck, tongue, six, goggles, thigh holster)
                    My favourite things
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                      Okey, this one had in giggles!
                      Knew there was a few in there that would get y'all

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                      My favourite things
                      Yup, yep. And just think I'm doing at least 2-3 more eps before I leave so they are guaranteed to come up again at some point(well maybe not goggles but most of the rest).

Maybe "My Favorite things" needs to be the next parody i do, lol. Would go wonderfully with my holiday themed ones (Rodney Got Run Over by a Wraith Dart, and 12 Days of Christmas Atlantis Style)
                      Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                      sigpic

Comment

Knew there was a few in there that would get y'all
                        It looks like he's about to sneeze
                        I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Maybe "My Favorite things" needs to be the next parody i do, lol. Would go wonderfully with my holiday themed ones (Rodney Got Run Over by a Wraith Dart, and 12 Days of Christmas Atlantis Style)
                          If I had the seasons of SGA where Lorne appears I would so make a vid to 'these are a few of my favorite things' and to the other titles.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Spoilered for number
                            Spoiler:

Aww who woke him up

Banner Made By: Fainne | I'm a 60%er | My Youtube

Comment

Favourite things

Nice combo of six and leg holster

This one just because......

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                                If I had the seasons of SGA where Lorne appears I would so make a vid to 'these are a few of my favorite things' and to the other titles.
                                *LOL*

Oh yes, please...do! I'd love to see that.

Hmmmm, on the other hand - I do have all the eps and the means...I think.

I have to see if I can find the music to that...and then who knows. *evil laughter*

Oh, it's so good to be back.

Huggles all of you.

Kethry
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X