Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
    Yeah, i didn't know what to expect when I got the dvds, so I was more than pleasantly surprised when I watched the pilot.

I fell in love with Flynn!

Spoiler:
    Kavan's portrayal of Flynn just blew me away and I couldn't believe it when he seemed to die at the end. Then I read his interview where he said that the producers loved his performance so much that they sat down with him and practically promised him a part as regular cast member, so I guess they had an idea to work around the end of the pilot...it never really says that he is dead, it just looks like he dies???? With a little tweaking they could have Flynn in hospital and recovering.

I sometimes try to imagine where they could have gone with this...story wise. Flynn/Kavan wears his wedding ring in the pilot, so I could see a story line where we learn what he lost in the 2-40. - I'd also like to know which state they lost and why on earth traffic lights go red for drive and green for stop....that was so weird the first time I saw it. The whole thing had so much potential.

Ah, it sadly never happened. I love Firefly, but hearing now that it killed this wonderful opportunity for Kavan to be in a series as regular...*sniff*

Kethry

The lovely Flynn

Time Tunnel:
    Spoiler:

Having Kavan return in TT wouldn't have been a problem .They could have tweaked the time line and he would be back!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
      I fell in love with Flynn!
      Me, too!

Spoiler:
      With a little tweaking they could have Flynn in hospital and recovering.
      Spoiler:
      Yep, my thoughts exactly. You never actually see it happen (as in "eyes breaking" or something), and the shot to the picture at the end (which I loved by the way... could you please cap that as well?) could very well mean something else than Flynn having died. And anyway, no one ever really dies in Sci-Fi

Spoiler:
      I sometimes try to imagine where they could have gone with this...story wise. Flynn/Kavan wears his wedding ring in the pilot, so I could see a story line where we learn what he lost in the 2-40. -
      Spoiler:
      Ey, out of my head! That's what I was thinking about! Or well, not exactly. I just thought that more than one episode would have been great, because I would have loved to see what Flynn lost in the 2-40.

Dangit, we need that show on TV
      I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
      I will never accept defeat.
      I will never quit.
      I will never leave a fallen comrade.
      ------
      "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
        Yes, though the one that has kept me in stitches since I saw it on a t-shirt on Amazon is:

Spoiler:
        Wuv, twu wuv, will fowow you foweva *sighs*

Spoiler:
        when I was in high school my friends and I were thinking about doing a 'Princess Bride' spoof called the 'Prince Groom' and I was going to be Princess Humperdink we never did get around to making it though

Originally posted by CKO View Post
        Lorne and chocolate go hand in hand.
        that they do

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

About Time Tunnel and Kavan's character:

Spoiler:
          I got the impression that the other dude, his friend he recruited, wasn't suppose to have the wife and kids, and that they were actually Flynn's. Maybe I'm reaching, but after watching it twice, thats' what I see and what I feel. It would have been great to see just how they would handled that show!

sig by DG .
          I can be found here:

Comment

Originally posted by vatazes View Post

Spoiler:
            I got the impression that the other dude, his friend he recruited, wasn't suppose to have the wife and kids, and that they were actually Flynn's. Maybe I'm reaching, but after watching it twice, thats' what I see and what I feel. It would have been great to see just how they would handled that show!
            Spoiler:
            Huh... that would make sense. I always thought he knew the friend's wife's name, because he's read the file, but... yeah, it could have happened like that. God, the tragic behind that! Wouldn't that have made some great stories?
            I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
            ------

Comment

Originally posted by vatazes View Post

Spoiler:
              Oh... now that's an interesting take on it. I must watch it again now.
              You can never tell though where the writers would have gone with it.
              I just hope Kavan gets an interesting character to play on a show somewhere out there!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                Spoiler:
                Huh... that would make sense. I always thought he knew the friend's wife's name, because he's read the file, but... yeah, it could have happened like that. God, the tragic behind that! Wouldn't that have made some great stories?
                you're giving me bunnies Row... *headdesk*

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                  you're giving me bunnies Row... *headdesk*
                  Does it help that my bunnies are multiplying like mad since kethry's entry on Kavan's performance in TT?
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                  ------

Comment

Sig by Luciana, csom & scifan & Avi's by Snowball

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                      We could always coat him in chocolate
                      Must get caught up in the conversation now!! Lorne in chocolate??????? WHERE???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                        awwwwwwwwwwww *hugs* fell better soon
                        Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                        Hope you feel better soon, will drop you a PM later but have to run and work now.
                        Thanks guys, I feel a lot better today. I think I waited too long to eat yesterday. I was *so* afraid I was getting sick! Happily today I'm just sore, who knows what I did to make myself that way

Originally posted by Mountiegirl View Post
                        I'm back!!! Loving the pictures!!! Also I'm really happy that Lorne is back on our screens - it's been too long!!!
                        Welcome back!

And LorneLovers - whatever shall we do? No SGA or Sanctuary tomorrow!! I vote that we do a Lorne/Kavan Halloween day. I'm not sure what that means, take it anyway you like I suppose? *laughs*

Comment

sigpic
                          Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                          My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post

Spoiler:
                            when I was in high school my friends and I were thinking about doing a 'Princess Bride' spoof called the 'Prince Groom' and I was going to be Princess Humperdink we never did get around to making it though
                            That'd of been wonderfully funny!

Originally posted by Plickies View Post
                            Holy crud! *jaw hits floor before she thunks* where is *THAT* from?
                            Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                              Does it help that my bunnies are multiplying like mad since kethry's entry on Kavan's performance in TT?
                              ...maybe.

That'd of been wonderfully funny!
                              It would have

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                                Must get caught up in the conversation now!! Lorne in chocolate??????? WHERE???!!!
                                hmmm did ya look over at your lorne clone.. cuz im sure you'd be able to pour chocolate over him *smirks*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X