Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
    LOL, well.... it was during the interview ff did with Kavan at P4 and he was asked about the face he pulls when he's firing a gun... the short version is that he said it's the same face he pulls when he's having sex, or so his wife tells him!!!
    I had to LOL at this as your "action man" banner was up when I read it(with the lower right gunface)

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
    God, people I think I had one of the worst nights ever (spoilered for length and rambling...)
    Awww poor row *huggles*

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
    No hat person here, so you won't catch me wearing one.
    I'm a total tomboy and usually always have a cap on of some sort.

Thanks. And I knew you would say that.
    Its the truth though!

Cafepress is another of those dangerous places. I still need to go buy JMS's latest attempt to part me with my money. Needless to say he always succeeds, unfortunately.
    Yes! *nods*

Okay need to run see you LorneLovers later! *waves and runs out*
    Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
    sigpic

Comment

*is watching Enemy mine and after that has The road not taken lined up cos she doesn't remember Lorne much in them*
      Love Lorne in RNT. He's in charge !!!

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
      and with a view like that how could she not?
      I have to admit that I was all 'Noooooo! they can't kill Lorne, he's too pretty to die!!!'
      I had a gormless moment watching that ep.... didn't know they even considered him being dead until Sheppard found him in the cell.

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
      Spoilered for size only!

I think we have a little 'double holster' action going on here, too! (among other things!)

*thud*

OK, so maybe we need to set up LorneLovers.com or something?

He looks in pain... maybe it's his trousers being too tight!! *mind wanders*
      Checks closely...yep you're right!

Break 'em out love, they won't do you any good in the box!

We're falling into the gutter though, right?
      Nope...I'm already there!

Seriously though, thunking aside... they don't look at all comfortable!
      Offers to bring more comfy ones.....no ulterior motives... no really!!

True, looks like there might of been a mix up in wardrobe and he got the wrong ones...
      They're either too small or too big!

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
      Plus, don't you girls turn into some form of goo anyway? I doubt the grates would stop you!
      *nods*

I dunno, see what Rodney and Shep think...
      http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/c...terview_03.jpg

Rodney: Oooo purdy!!
      Lorne: He's not wrong!

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/c...dney-00188.jpg

Sheppard: *thinking* Oh Gawd, I gotta get outta here before I turn into a puddle of goo
      Lorne: He's not wrong!!

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
      The holsters on the show will most likely be fitted especially for the actor before filming to make them most comfortable. The holster I use at cons isn't actually mine, it belongs to a male friend of mine (who is a bit larger than me!) so I have to adjust it at points throughout the day until I find the best position for it.
      Goes off to apply for the job of holster fitter *wonders what qualifications you need?*
      sigpic

Comment

don't most cons have a 'no weapons of anykind' policy or is it only specific ones?
        All the cons I've been to in the UK (apart from one that had nothing to do with guns - it was a Veronica Mars/Prison Break con but no one really dressed up for it) have allowed guns. Some organisers go around checking each of your weapons to make sure they're not loaded with anything, then you get a little fluorescent sticker on them to show people they've been checked. Others don't bother, because they know no one's that stupid!

Apparently, when the Stargate cons first started being held in London, people went to the McDonald's up the road from the con hotel - which is literally right next to Heathrow Airport - and were talking a bit too loudly about all of the weapons they had with them at the con (though they didn't actually have any in McD's). I've been told that the staff freaked out and called the armed police...

Since then, people have always been very careful. Since most people stay in the con hotel, we're allowed to carry them around in there (like to and from our rooms) but we have to be careful not to scare other guests since it's a big hotel, and we're DEFINATELY not allowed to go anywhere public with them. We have to transport them in a bag that remains closed at all times in public. (Speaking from experience here. To cut a long story short, I was searched by armed police at Edinburgh airport thanks to the idiot behind the check-in desk who hadn't a clue what she was doing, and questioned by a Customs officer at Terminal 5 of Heathrow airport!)

I wore a thigh holster the one time I dressed up for a con and it was really uncomfortable! the dang thing kept sliding down and I was glad to take it off at the end of the day.
        Mine got uncomfortable after a while, but it's mostly the vest + P-90 that's uncomfortable for me, since the P-90 is quite heavy.

I took my holster off for dancing though

Sorry ff I was going to write a coherent reply but then you said ^^ that bit and my mind wandered... even my msn status message says I'm "adjusting Major Lorne's thigh holster"
        Yeah, the thought had crossed my mind about all those lucky, lucky people in the wardrobe department who have to measure...stuff.

Sorry for the OT!

Comment

I think you're talking about "squibs". (I think that's what they're called). They're like little charges that the props guy triggers at certain points during the scene on cue. But something definately fires from the guns (most certainly blanks) because you can see shell casings being ejected.

Also, Chuck Campbell told us at the con that they cost $2 a 'bullet'. Most directors ask the actors to go light on the firing to keep costs down, but apparently Joe Flanigan is rather trigger happy and uses loads!
          Also, Andy Mikita likes to go heavy on the firing lol.
          That doesn't surprise me in the slightest!!

Oh.
          It was the holster and the trousers.... if both are tight...that's gotta be a hell of a day!!

Mind if I snurch that for another forum of mine?
          LOL, be my guest... snurch my fantasy message..I don't mind!!

sigpic

Comment

lol, be my guest... Snurch my fantasy message..i don't mind!!
            Yay Thank you
            I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
            I will never accept defeat.
            I will never quit.
            I will never leave a fallen comrade.
            ------
            "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

'Squibs' that sounds familiar. I think Richard Dean Anderson was a little trigger happy in SG1, too.
              Figures

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
              Goes off to apply for the job of holster fitter *wonders what qualifications you need?*
              Dunno, but I want plenty of training

Nah, me neither

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
                I had to LOL at this as your "action man" banner was up when I read it(with the lower right gunface)
                That's not come up for ages then it in my rotation about 5 times today!! How apt!

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                Love Lorne in RNT. He's in charge !!!
                He likes giving orders!

Checks closely...yep you're right!
                Very closely I'll bet!! ;p

Offers to bring more comfy ones.....no ulterior motives... no really!!
                In that case, I'd better bring some alternative underwear in case they're too tight as well!!

Dedication to your work I'd have thought!!

Yeah, the thought had crossed my mind about all those lucky, lucky people in the wardrobe department who have to measure...stuff.

sigpic

Comment

Yay Thank you
                  LOL, you're welcome!

Me too.... shall we all apply for jobs on the set of the Atlantis movie?

sigpic

Comment

hmmmm personal trainer *smirks*
                    sigpic

Comment

boys will be boys right?

slightly OT
                      Spoiler:
                      There's a s8 episode of SG1 where Daniel is in the park holding a cup of coffee and when a "sniper" is supossed to be shooting at him, you can briefly see the squib in the liquid!

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

I think I'll just take lots and lots of 'on the job, hands on training' ! Wouldnt want some white-haired old guy showing me on a plastic maniquin what to do!!!

In that case, I'd better bring some alternative underwear in case they're too tight as well!!

Hmmm, that begs the question - boxers or briefs? Do you think Kavan would answer that one!!!
                        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

slightly OT
                          Spoiler:
                          There's a s8 episode of SG1 where Daniel is in the park holding a cup of coffee and when a "sniper" is supossed to be shooting at him, you can briefly see the squib in the liquid!

Will have to watch for that next time -- I know the scene, just not the ep. I can see it now -- I'll be watching for squibs in every gun-shooting show I see now!
                          sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

boxers or briefs? Do you think Kavan would answer that one!!!
                            boxer briefs

Will have to watch for that next time -- I know the scene, just not the ep. I can see it now -- I'll be watching for squibs in every gun-shooting show I see now!
                            in all honesty I only know about it because I was watching the episode with the commentary on and Peter D. pointed it out.

Comment

boxer briefs
                              or none?!!!

in all honesty I only know about it because I was watching the episode with the commentary on and Peter D. pointed it out.
                              Kinda like me with Runner.
                              sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

or none?!!!

and the sad thing is that I could see Lorne/any guy doing that when they have no more clean clothes and don't want to do laundry at the momemnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X