Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
    More like not wanting to let people in my surroundings find connections between my real name and my nicks and finding out what I'm doing in my spare time... the internet doesn't forget and all that stuff...
    I gave that one dream up long ago, when one of my friends told me he'd googled me and found out I was an award-winning writer. Yeah, don't I wish.

I still shudder to think what weird stuff might be out there about me. Then again --- it keeps me in laughs.

So far the internet has helped keeping me sane in an increasingly crazy world and has given me a lot of good friends all over the world. I have gone places and met people like I'd never have imagined in my wildest dreams and it all started because one day I went online and tried to find out something about a tv show I'd seen the night before. I am not sure I still believe in coincidence.

Kethry
    Last edited by kethryveris; 11 October 2008, 03:36 PM.
    sigpic
    I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
      Yeah, true, but then Mallozzi featured him in one of his photo shoots, too --- hardly any surprise now at all.

I really don't mind spoilers, up to a point --- but something like that isn't a spoiler IMO, it's killing the episode in question, Why bother watching when the thing that is supposed to be the main piece of the ep and to give you a pleasant kick is already revealed?

Kethry
      That's what makes me sooooo glad I've gone anti-spoiler. I won't watch the 'teases', commercials, promos of any kind, and I avoid ep pages prior to eps, and just generally chant 'no spoilers, no spoilers'. I barely watch *anything* live anymore as then you can't skip the commercials and the chance to get spoiled. Now, if only I could get the family/friends to stop spoiling me.....

In other words
      Spoiler:
      I didn't know about *those* things in the *you know whats* until my friend who saw the ep 3 hours before I did said something.
      Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
      sigpic

Comment

A little parting shot of Flynn before I go to bed.

I'm not really tired yet, but it's already 1:40 a.m. and I'll be no use tomorrow if I don't get my 8 hours sleep. It's supposed to be nice and sunny and I have an outing planned. Need to make use of what little sun we get.

Talk to you again tomorrow evening. Nighty-night!

Kethry
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
          I still shudder to think what weird stuff might be out there about me. Then again --- it keeps me in laughs.
          Mh... let's just say... there's some stuff some people could misunderstand (or, which would probably worse, understand just like they are meant) and... well, let's just not talk about this

Okay... change of topic *coughs Anyone got suggestions? Because if not, I might start a rant on MS Word's grammar and spelling check feature and about the impossibility of translating the term "anti-frat regs" into a German equivalent
          I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
          I will never accept defeat.
          I will never quit.
          I will never leave a fallen comrade.
          ------
          "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

....or rather later today, as I've just realized it's already "tomorrow".

Night all.

Keth
            sigpic

Comment

Night, kethry!
              I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
              ------

Comment

My issue/complaint/whatev about TLT (not as major [hehe no pun intended ] as everyone elses):

Spoiler:
                McKay mentioned that they had salvaged a gate left over from the gate bridge and were working to install it. They could've at least shown them working on the control room trying to fix everything. Next episode, the control room will more than likely be in pristine condition. It'll probably be like "Reunion". When we see the control room, the balcony windows are fixed after being blasted in "First Strike". Granted it's just glass but we could've at least seen someone INSTALLING the new windows.

More OT
                Spoiler:
                Anyone feel like offering me some advice/help? Earlier today, my mom was using the laptop and gave control back to me. A few minutes later, i was sitting on the floor and it restarted on it's own. Ever since, it's been screwy when I connect to the internet. Thoughts? Well, time to get back to building my Atlantis. Wish me luck!
                Last edited by Atlantean2005; 11 October 2008, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                  Okay... change of topic *coughs Anyone got suggestions? Because if not, I might start a rant on MS Word's grammar and spelling check feature and about the impossibility of translating the term "anti-frat regs" into a German equivalent
                  How about this topic????

LLPB

Sig by Luciana, csom & scifan & Avi's by Snowball

Comment

Anyone know when the next Stargate magazine comes out? Isn't there a Kavan article in it?

Sig by Luciana, csom & scifan & Avi's by Snowball

Comment

Ohhhhh...my.....I love this topic!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Plickies View Post
                        How about this topic????

That's always the best topic, of course

@Atlantean: You know, I'd be worried about the restarting-on-its-own stuff... that awfully reminds of my own laptop (which is still at Support, by the way... I fear I might never see it again ).
                        I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                        ------

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                          My issue/complaint/whatev about TLT (not as major [hehe no pun intended ] as everyone elses):

Spoiler:
                          McKay mentioned that they had salvaged a gate left over from the gate bridge and were working to install it. They could've at least shown them working on the control room trying to fix everything. Next episode, the control room will more than likely be in pristine condition. It'll probably be like "Reunion". When we see the control room, the balcony windows are fixed after being blasted in "First Strike". Granted it's just glass but we could've at least seen someone INSTALLING the new windows.

Spoiler:
                          Huh. I didn't even think of that Yea, writers seems to turn a blind eye to that and say a few weeks has gone bye

More OT
                          Spoiler:
                          Anyone feel like offering me some advice/help? Earlier today, my mom was using the laptop and gave control back to me. A few minutes later, i was sitting on the floor and it restarted on it's own. Ever since, it's been screwy when I connect to the internet. Thoughts? Well, time to get back to building my Atlantis. Wish me luck!
                          Restarting? Huh! Can't help, no computer novise, sounds scary though
                          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Mmm, all tied up for a lucky thunker .

If your computer is suddenly turning off/restarting, you might have some viruses on it - last time mine started doing that, I ended up having to reformat - but maybe you could update your virus stuff/scan or whatnot and see if that helps?

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

sigpic
                              Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

*licks screen.* oh silly thunker... thats a dirty screen
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X