Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post

Thanks Copter, and yes more thanks for starting up the challenges again!
    welcome
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
      Look at his legs, his knees are bent.

yep, I notice it. I love how he used body language to express his thoughts so clearly.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post

I love it!
      Thank you. I am always very insecure about the stuff I do.

Glad I could make you happy with it.

He said they made him feel short...no I did not take the photo, mores the pity!

Thanks Copter, and yes more thanks for starting up the challenges again!
      yep, I love how the way everything is so relaxed and informal. Too much stress in RL.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
        Thank you. I am always very insecure about the stuff I do.
        I think we all are. It's hard to put yourself out there. And that is also why I will not tolerate any non-niceness in my challenges. If anyone is ever rude or not nice, they are out!

But I think everyone is very nice and supportive so I do not expect any issues.
        sigpic

Comment

*runs in*

Hey guys, something just popped up for me on Monday, nothing bad, but I will be a bit slow in posting the challenge results on Monday. On the flip side, this gives you more time to get me entries We'll say......have all entries into me by Monday 1PM CST which is Monday 7 PM GMT.

I will post the new challenge {challenge #3} early Monday so you will have plenty of time to get started on it.
          sigpic

Comment

I think we all are. It's hard to put yourself out there. And that is also why I will not tolerate any non-niceness in my challenges. If anyone is ever rude or not nice, they are out!

But I think everyone is very nice and supportive so I do not expect any issues.
            I suppose not. I wanted to add that I don't mind a critique: for instance I had trouble evening out the base pics in terms of luminosity/brightness/ contrast. Or that I could have cropped them in a more dynamic way. But there's a world of difference between why don't you try next time this or that and your work is horrid. Just saying.
            sigpic

Comment

I suppose not. I wanted to add that I don't mind a critique: for instance I had trouble evening out the base pics in terms of luminosity/brightness/ contrast. Or that I could have cropped them in a more dynamic way. But there's a world of difference between why don't you try next time this or that and your work is horrid. Just saying.
              I would LOVE to get some critique for my art but all I ever get is "omg I love your art! It's beautiful!" or something like that
              sigpic

Comment

I would LOVE to get some critique for my art but all I ever get is "omg I love your art! It's beautiful!" or something like that
                Well that's because most of the time it's a touchy subject. I know because I once ( well, more than once) tried to make a comment and it was immediately dismissed. I swear i wasn't being rude. Most people don't really want opinions, so, to avoid friction, people keep their comments to themselves. Now, I never pay anybody a compliment that I don't truly feel. That's my personal rule. So, if I say I like it, I just do.
                sigpic

Comment

Well when it come to that...I don't know enough about Gimp or anything else to be be able to say much more than "OMG I love it!"
                  Now if we are talking about the other photo art form I do (scrapbooking), then I know my stuff, and have been known to help with layouts and journaling.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well when it come to that...I don't know enough about Gimp or anything else to be be able to say much more than "OMG I love it!"
                    Now if we are talking about the other photo art form I do (scrapbooking), then I know my stuff, and have been known to help with layouts and journaling.
                    My sister doesn't know anything about it either, but she is able to say: make this or that bigger/smaller, it's too blurry/ too sharp. The colours are working or not. That sort of general thing does help.
                    sigpic

Comment

My sister doesn't know anything about it either, but she is able to say: make this or that bigger/smaller, it's too blurry/ too sharp. The colours are working or not. That sort of general thing does help.
                      the problem with that is most of it is personal preference.
                      My personal preference says icons are to small, doesn't mean they are bad.

see too small.
                      sigpic

Comment

the problem with that is most of it is personal preference.
                        My personal preference says icons are to small, doesn't mean they are bad.
                        http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...ps43ecc945.jpg
                        see too small.
                        yeah, but some on advice on composition may not be a bad thing (when solicited, that is, that is very important. )I think icons are probably the hardest pieces to make. To get perceivable information in such a small space...oi! That is why I whined when I first read the challenge. They're hard to make.
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah, but some on advice on composition may not be a bad thing (when solicited, that is, that is very important. )I think icons are probably the hardest pieces to make. To get perceivable information in such a small space...oi! That is why I whined when I first read the challenge. They're hard to make.
                          Yep, to small
                          Mind you, wallpapers are just as bad!
                          Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, to small
                            Mind you, wallpapers are just as bad!
                            Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
                            I had problems with those but I've done so many of them, that's not a big deal for me. The problem is getting pics with a good resolution. I am not saying mine are good, mind you. I tend to like softer colours and leave open spaces. I don't feel the need to cover every single square inch of them with stuff. Too much information gives me an headache. But again, those are my personal preferences. *shrugs*
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone! Woke up with the flu this morning so I am moving very slowly. I am going to post the new challenge now, and I will post the results from challenge #2 later. So if you still want to make something, you have time. Let's say....3 hours from now?

Challenge #3

Last week's challenge with the alphabet icons was a bit....challenging, so this week we will keep things simple. I always offer 2 choices in case your muse is not cooperating, or you finish one and want more of a challenge. So this week the 2 choices are: Make art that includes a rainbow, or is related to the zodiac. Simple!

Writing challenge is the same. Include a rainbow or the zodiac in your story, and keep it 750 words or less.

Challenge is due Sunday September 15th at midnight GMT.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone! Woke up with the flu this morning so I am moving very slowly. I am going to post the new challenge now, and I will post the results from challenge #2 later. So if you still want to make something, you have time. Let's say....3 hours from now?

Challenge #3

Last week's challenge with the alphabet icons was a bit....challenging, so this week we will keep things simple. I always offer 2 choices in case your muse is not cooperating, or you finish one and want more of a challenge. So this week the 2 choices are: Make art that includes a rainbow, or is related to the zodiac. Simple!

Writing challenge is the same. Include a rainbow or the zodiac in your story, and keep it 750 words or less.

Challenge is due Sunday September 15th at midnight GMT.

Do you want some chicken soup, copter? Or a nice hot herbal tea? *sends virtual goodies*

Zodiac/ rainbows...got it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X