Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge #2

Thanks to everyone who participated in the first challenge! There were 74 art entries!! Check them all out here at the clubhouse. And remember if you ever need to reference the current challenge it will be here. {always at the bottom of my sig}

Just a reminder: GW size limits are 700 by 180 pixels or 102.5 KB for sigs and 100×100 or 120×120 for avis/icons.

The art challenge this week should you choose to accept: This week we will expand our skills!! We are going to make an alphabet set of icons! {Don't panic!} Make a set of 26 icons, each one representing a letter of the alphabet. There must be an overall theme such as SGA, Weather, Flowers, etc. {Again, don't panic!} If 26 icons seems like too much, or you get stuck on letters, cut the amount in half! Do 13 icons, and only do the letters you like. The letter must be on the icon somewhere. And since the sheer amount of links will be insane if everyone does 26 icons, please only one alphabet [or half alphabet] per person.

If you still feel you cannot do that challenge, or you finish it and want *more*, then dragongirl has suggested a bonus/alternate challenge. Make art [icon and/or sig] that focuses on animals, real or imaginary. No people allowed!!

If writing interests you, we will keep the same challenge as last week: Write a drabble no less than 100 words and no more than 500, any topic.

Please PM me {copter} your entries by Sunday Sept 8th midnight CST/6AM GMT. When you send me a link from Photo bucket, please send me the IMG link :
    sigpic

Comment

Oi! I suck at icons. Even 13 is daunting!
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
        yeah right!
        sigpic

Comment

it is called a "challenge". And there is always the bonus/optional challenge of making art with animals.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
            it is called a "challenge". And there is always the bonus/optional challenge of making art with animals.
            Oh, don't mind me. I typically whine before getting anything done:it's part of my process. I'm just explaining that's the kind of piece I'm the least confortable doing. It seems simple enough and yet it isn't: getting something interesting, detailed or not in 100x100 or 120 x120 is quite a challenge.

If you are as Icon challenged as I am, you might find this useful

Another one, simpler.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, don't mind me. I typically whine before getting anything done:it's part of my process. I'm just explaining that's the kind of piece I'm the least confortable doing. It seems simple enough and yet it isn't: getting something interesting, detailed or not in 100x100 or 120 x120 is quite a challenge.

If you are as Icon challenged as I am, you might find this useful

Another one, simpler.
              oh, okay I totally get that If whining helps, then go for it! and Yeah, I thought it would be easy too and I walked into a brick wall last night! That is part of the fun though!

Those links are awesome! Thanks!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                oh, okay I totally get that If whining helps, then go for it! and Yeah, I thought it would be easy too and I walked into a brick wall last night! That is part of the fun though!

Those links are awesome! Thanks!
                Yeah, and they are for all programms. I have an idea but finding the base pics...oi!
                sigpic

Comment

links didn't work for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post
                    links didn't work for me.
                    I forgot, you probably will have to sign in. It's a forum, after all.
                    sigpic

Comment

I forgot, you probably will have to sign in. It's a forum, after all.
                      yeah it did ask....never mind.
                      I had a great idea for the icons, and tried it today...couldn't even get the letter in the right place on the damn thing...gave up in disgust at my inability to do the simplest thing!
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah it did ask....never mind.
                        I had a great idea for the icons, and tried it today...couldn't even get the letter in the right place on the damn thing...gave up in disgust at my inability to do the simplest thing!
                        Honestly, I'm struggling with PS tool for text in a path ( it makes text in shapes, when it decides to work.... I even got programm errors and stuff. If you PM me your File and explain to me what you have in mind, I can try to place it in PS . Might work or not.

I settled on the colouring (two textures and a curves layer) and to do simple croppping. I'm really not good at this.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was just hoping to get the letter to be the full size of the icon box, and show through the picture I put over top, the couldn't get the letter to go in the middle!
                          sigpic

Comment

I was just hoping to get the letter to be the full size of the icon box, and show through the picture I put over top, the couldn't get the letter to go in the middle!
                            yeah, I had something similar happen to me. Still, if you want to give it a go, you still can PM me and see if PS works slightly better.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Jaded, you inbox is full.
                              sigpic

Comment

I finally got my icons done for challenge #2. Whew! They were challenging!

Blen had a great idea, as did maneth. When you send me the icons, can you please put it on a background? That way I only have one image/link to worry about rather than 13 {or more!} tiny little pictures from each person.

and for some reason the image is almost 200KB which is more than the GW limit, so I just did a thumbnail. Click for bigger!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X