Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh, bringing up this old thread! You know, I'm going to have to rewatch Runner now and see what you mean. Thanks for finding this!
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      Ooooh, bringing up this old thread! You know, I'm going to have to rewatch Runner now and see what you mean. Thanks for finding this!
      LOL, no problem! I still think it's a good thread.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
        After the events of "Runner," it would seem that Rodney no longer has any interest in being friends with Ford, and he clearly felt that they never had a friendship to begin with.

Ok, I rewatched Runner, and I do agree that they didn't end on good terms. As to the fact that Rodney didn't believe they had a friendship, I think he just didn't think that any sort of brotherly antagonizing friendship they had would be anywhere strong enough to make Ford listen to him.
        Spoiler:
        Once he met up with Ford though, he kept trying to help him, to convince him to come back to Atlantis. Even when Ford told him to go back to the jumper, Rodney wouldn't leave him and went with him. I think Rodney eventually realized just how dangerous Ford had become, and that's why he felt he had to shoot him, to try to stop him from hurting anyone.

Comment

I love Rodney and Ford's interaction in Runner.

Especially when they were yelling at each other and Ford went and shot around him. Ford just left me so heart-broken... And Rodney had a great guilt-trip going on

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

You know, I find it really interesting in Lost Boys that
            Spoiler:
            Ford chose the manner of distribution to be food. He knew (and teased frequently on it) McKay's appitite and that he would eat without suspecting anything. In fact McKay even says you know I eat when I get nervous. With so many ways to distribute the drug (I mean they were knocked out, they could have been injected with it then) it just seems that Ford was playing with them, especially McKay by having him eat the drug. I don't know if that's because of Ford's teasing affection for McKay or just to be malicious.

Also, why did he single out McKay to stay behind. First thought was because he was weaker, but Sheppard had a good point about needing him if they needed any doors opened or needed tech stuff (why he's on Shepps team). Why not leave Teyla or Ronon behind, especially Ronon who seems to have a problem with Ford. Ford supposedly had such large numbers of followers, why not pick one of them since they are super strong too? Maybe Ford was worried about him? Since he was weaker that he might get hurt?

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

I agree there is something between them, it look like aiden has fun with Rodney's behaviour when others would have been annoyed,
              i'm sure aiden could have said something like "i like this guy" with a big smile after a rodney's big speech ( a "you are crazy" speech or "i'm the best" speech)
              i don't think he really care about him, but he like him like a funny team-mate, and the fact that in lost boy he
              Spoiler:
              prevents rodney from going with them as a threat for Shep show that he recognizes rodney's life as a convincing arrgument to "do the right things" as he says, even if he adds the adress' thing at the end of his speech

however i don't know how rodney feels about Aiden... he seems annoyed by new super ford, especially after runner, i think rodney isn't a social man and he don't care about lot of people, but ford was a member of the team, so there are bounds, but now Aiden betrayed his confidence and vice versa, something is broken

Comment

Just saw an amazing Rodney vid call Hallelujah http://mamoru22.livejournal.com/26360.html and it has a couple really cute McKay/Ford friend moments in it like the popcorn scene from Hide and Seek and the Hugging scene from Hot Zone and then a sad scene from Runner too. *sob*!

Comment

I wanted to resurrect this thread and point out that the McKay/Ford Friendship isn't dead yet! In The Hive:
                  Spoiler:
                  McKay looked really sad and disappointed when he learned Ford wasn't with the others. That plus their potential bonding experience with having the overdoses gives me hope that if Ford ever does come back or gets off the drugs that their friendship wouldn't have been completely ruined.
                  What you you all think?

Comment

As you may know, I was very much a skeptic about whether or not Ford and Rodney had a real friendship, but now that Rodney has been under the influence of the enzyme, I think that will bring them much closer.

Spoiler:
                    Damn I hope Aiden survived!
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Well, I watched both Home and Hot Zone today and and I came to Gateworld to find a thread about the cute brotherly antics of Rodney McKay and Aiden Ford. Did I find one... NO! And that was something I had to remedy. They are so so funny and deserve a thread all to themselves.
                      Finally!!! A thread I can appericate! This is what I'm talking about...the brotherly love between Ford an Mckay. I love it. Thanks for making the thread.
                      Proud member of F.O.R.D.

Thanks *E*K*R*!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSparks
                        Finally!!! A thread I can appericate! This is what I'm talking about...the brotherly love between Ford an Mckay. I love it. Thanks for making the thread.
                        Yea! Another Ford and McKay fan! Glad you like it, and here's to hope that we see some more brotherly love in season 3!

Comment

Yea! Another Ford and McKay fan! Glad you like it, and here's to hope that we see some more brotherly love in season 3!
                          I agree!
                          Proud member of F.O.R.D.

Thanks *E*K*R*!

Comment

Reading this thread reminds me of how much I miss Aiden and Rodney's interactions. As a previous poster mentioned, Aiden seemed to find amusement in Rodney's "it's-all-about-me" self-centeredness, however, Aiden also seemed to be able to look beyond that less than stellar character trait and see Rodney as a big brother of sorts. I remember in Home how he went to Rodney for help when he got the message that he was to be shipped back home - that scene had little brother going to big brother for help and reassurance written all over it. Loved it.

From Rodney's part, there was a ease of speaking with Aiden that miss. In the scene in Home where Rodney said he was invaluable everywhere and in the Letters From Pegasus scene about the "gold" in his tape, Rodney didn't come across as a braggart or snarky, he just seemed to be comfortably stating facts with someone that he didn't have to feel defensive around. It was good to see.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

I thought you all might be interested to know that the Stargate Fan Awards NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN!!!

[Permission to forward]

Attention Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis fans:

It's time once again to bring recognition to the best stories and
                              storytellers, the best artists, and the best vidders in the fandom.
                              Nominations for the 2007 Stargate Fan Awards are now open. They will be open
                              from April 9, 2007 and remain open until May 20, 2007. This includes
                              both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

We've made a few changes to the site. Check us out to see what we've
                              done. You'll be surprised.

http://www.stargatefanawards.com

First of all, sign up for an account! You will need to be registered
                              as an account holder in order to submit nominations and vote. It's
                              easy! Don't try to use an old login account from last year...it won't
                              work.

Once you are registered, browse through our "Site Directory". You can
                              find a link in the top navigation bar. Here, you will find the main
                              portion of the site's content including descriptions and definitions for
                              the 2007 genres, categories, and subcategories. Also, be sure to read
                              over the "Changes for 2007", our rules, and other nominating
                              information.

Don't forget to signup for our newsletter again. Even if you signed up
                              last year, you must sign up again to keep receiving newsletters during
                              2007. We promise to do a better job of issuing newsletters this year!

We've tried to place all important links in our top navigation bar.
                              You'll find links to our 2001-2006 archives, our Live Journal, and
                              others.

Don't forget to add our Live Journal to your "friends' list"!

Start nominating today! You must signup for an account on our site to
                              nominate! Once you do, just click the "Nominate Now!" link in the top
                              navigation bar to view the nomination submission form. You can only
                              put one nomination per form this year but you can nominate as many times
                              as you'd like!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the team at
                              [email protected]. For technical issues, please contact our
                              webmaster directly at [email protected].

Start nominating the "best of the best" now!

Yours,
                              The 2007 Stargate Fan Awards Team

"Recognizing, celebrating, and enjoying the creativity of the Stargate
                              fandom!"

Comment

Working...
                              X