Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuneBug625 View Post
    Hello, everyone! just dropping by with a fic rec. I apologize if this has been rec'd recently as I have been away and without internet access for the past 3 weeks (*gasp*) and haven't quite had a chance to catch up yet. Anyway, here you are:

The Repository of Knowledge

Enjoy!

(this is part of a ficathon entry and the author's name will be withheld until the end of the ficathon so I'm not sure who it's by.)
    Oh thanks JB! Have read it and I loved it!!

I have been so busy with family and RL recently that I have not been online much really or had time to read and I must say this made me realise just how much I have missed reading whumpy fic.

Well done to the author!

Mx
    sig by SheppyD
    Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
    So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks! View Post
      Oh thanks JB! Have read it and I loved it!!

I have been so busy with family and RL recently that I have not been online much really or had time to read and I must say this made me realise just how much I have missed reading whumpy fic.

Well done to the author!

Mx
      You are very welcome. I was away lambing for 3 weeks in Northwest England and this was just the thing to warm me up when I got back! I had missed my fanfiction so! (Although the lambs were cute enough to fill some of the hole, but not all of it )

Piccie:

"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Fic Rec: Figurative Hell and Literal High Water

This is from the sga_genficathon so the author is anonymous at the moment, but it's a must read for Rodney fans. Don't let the Keller POV at the beginning throw you. It's good stuff.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

This is from the sga_genficathon so the author is anonymous at the moment, but it's a must read for Rodney fans. Don't let the Keller POV at the beginning throw you. It's good stuff.
          Oh thank you for the rec!

I shall go and read it!

Mx
          sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

Not bad!! Good fic, even if I wasn't too sold on it from the start. Thanks for warning us to stick with it .

Wanna see some cool short movies? Visit the Reluctant Genius Youtube

Comment

Can't believe no one has posted this yet. I like the sounds of this episode.

General spoilers for "The Shrine"

Spoiler:
              In the episode, Rodney McKay suffers from an mental affliction that rapidly robs him of his memories and his identity.

More detailed spoilers

Spoiler:
              "It is the inverse of 'Flowers For Algernon,'" Wright revealed to GateWorld. (In the award-winning novel by Daniel Keyes, a man with an IQ of 68 has experimental surgery to increase his intelligence -- but the effects gradually begin to wear off.) "McKay ends up suffering from the effects of something that is very common among the very old in the Pegasus Galaxy that is equivalent to fast on-set Alzheimer's, that is called 'Second Childhood' in the Pegasus Galaxy. And he very quickly not just loses his memory, but becomes quite childlike.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TeacherGal View Post
                Can't believe no one has posted this yet. I like the sound of this episode. Detailed spoilers for "The Shrine":
                Spoiler:
                "It is the inverse of 'Flowers For Algernon,'" Wright revealed to GateWorld. (In the award-winning novel by Daniel Keyes, a man with an IQ of 68 has experimental surgery to increase his intelligence -- but the effects gradually begin to wear off.) "McKay ends up suffering from the effects of something that is very common among the very old in the Pegasus Galaxy that is equivalent to fast on-set Alzheimer's, that is called 'Second Childhood' in the Pegasus Galaxy. And he very quickly not just loses his memory, but becomes quite childlike.
                Is this the one that made Jewel cry when she read the script?
                Spoiler:
                "Flowers for Algernon" was a book that gutted me. Sooo sad.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Originally posted by TeacherGal View Post
                  Can't believe no one has posted this yet. I like the sounds of this episode.

General spoilers for "The Shrine"
                  Oh this is when it is frustrating to be spoiler free!! And it is hard to quote and not read the spoiler!!!

But thank you for posting it here!! I know this means it is a whmpy ep and that makes me squee my pants!!! I don't need to know the details - just that it is a whumpy ep makes me soooooooooo happy!!!

Mx
                  sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Hi guys.

I know a lot of you guys already wrote this, but this thread has too many pages. So, if someone could please answer my question, I'd really appreciate it.

I was wondering: Which of the Stargate Atlantis books are the whumping McKay ones?
                    I think I bought one called something "Req...."- I can't remember. That's suppose to be a really good one.

Thanks guys.
                    "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                      Hi guys.

I know a lot of you guys already wrote this, but this thread has too many pages. So, if someone could please answer my question, I'd really appreciate it.

I was wondering: Which of the Stargate Atlantis books are the whumping McKay ones?
                      I think I bought one called something "Req...."- I can't remember. That's suppose to be a really good one.

Thanks guys.
                      Exogenesis - sloooooooooooooooooow start but well worth ploughing through cos there's some lovely McKay whump (physical and emo!)

Reliquary - is very very good. McKay and Shep (and leaning slightly more towards Shep tbh).
                      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                        Exogenesis - sloooooooooooooooooow start but well worth ploughing through cos there's some lovely McKay whump (physical and emo!)

Reliquary - is very very good. McKay and Shep (and leaning slightly more towards Shep tbh).
                        So, only two of them are "worth reading" if I'm a McKay whumper?

Thanks for replying Squonk.
                        "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Tbh, there is much better written fanfic out there (in general but especially for whump). IMHO, of course.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana
                          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

No worries

The Chosen has some McKay whump but the actual plot of the book i found to be annoying and contradictory.

And i've not read the others (Halycon, Entangelment, Casualties of War) to be able to comment. And Blood Ties is definately Shep.

Like Ruffles said - there's some lovely fanfic out there with oodles of whump and as they're written by McKay whumpers, are much better at catering to the whumper appetite.
                            Last edited by Squonk; 21 April 2008, 06:49 AM.
                            The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Exogenesis is the best, imo. All characters are great written and there is hug emotional and physical whump for Rodney.

Reliquary has lots of Rodney but it´s more about Sheppard.

Halcyon has some nice Rodney moments but honestly, I barely know what was that book about. Same with Chosen, it´s the only book set in S1 and for me, as a non-native speaker, it was very confusing, with lots of people and places.

I never got to the end of Entanglement because it seemed boring.

I didn´t get to Causalties of War yet, or to Blood Ties.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                Exogenesis is the best, imo. All characters are great written and there is hug emotional and physical whump for Rodney.

Reliquary has lots of Rodney but it´s more about Sheppard.

Halcyon has some nice Rodney moments but honestly, I barely know what was that book about. Same with Chosen, it´s the only book set in S1 and for me, as a non-native speaker, it was very confusing, with lots of people and places.

I never got to the end of Entanglement because it seemed boring.

I didn´t get to Causalties of War yet, or to Blood Ties.
                                I only read Reliquary, but it is definitely more about Sheppard - they squee about it a lot over at Shep whumping.
                                I agree with those that recced fan fiction, loads more whump imho.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X