No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Everyone! But I sweared to myself that I would not touch the spoiler buttons until Monday at 7pm which leaves...*Calculates*...47 hours and 18 mins. lol
    -------------------

sigpic
    Made by Camy

Proud member of Beer? Because they are adorkable!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
      All the pretty whump pics!!

Boy, I'm completely in a Rodney-whump headspace at the moment. I've re-read Dasha's story "Salt of the Earth" and I still think this is the mother of all whump fics, it cannot get more realistic than that, plus, it's also written incredibly subtle and really well, so well that I can only say that this story hurts (in a good way). It's unrequited McShep and h/c to the max. Love it.

I'm also reading a McShep fanfic series at the moment (WIP and absolutely NC17/kink, so I can't link to it here), puddle-of-goo's "A life less ordinary" part 7, and this part has fantastic Rodney whump and h/c, too.

So you could say that I'm in a serious whump mode atm.

Bye, A.
      Thanks for recommending the fan fic. I read first 2 chapters it yesterday and it's a really good one.

*off to read some more*
      "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

TLM!!

Spoiler:
        Loved it - poor woobie Rodney all the way through! Recounting all the people he'd lost. And the scenes with keller were heart breaking.

Yay for whumped Rodney!!

But what a place to leave it!! I hate TBC!!!!!!!!
        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Goodness me how fab that this thread has so many posts!!!!

Yay to the lovely Rodney whumpers!

Re TLM
          Spoiler:
          I thought it was a fabby ep! Did you think the older hologram Rodney was more gentle and less flustered than the Rodney we know and love? At one point he got a bit snarky again and Shep said something like "that's the McKay/Rodney I remember" (sorry I have only seen it once so please forgive if I miss quote! ) I have to say that because it was set in the future and I knew this was not really Rodney, the descriptions of the deaths of the team lacked some impact for me - I knew they had died 48,000 years ago so it didn't make me cry - I actually felt worse for Sheppie hearing it all for the first time! Yep I know I am inconsistent cos I think of Carson Clone as the real thing but there you go! I make no apologies for how things make me feel! What did really really break my heart was how Rodney spent his whole life trying to work out how to get Shep back - I thought that utterly selfless and really heroic of Rodney. I know it was not just Shep - he would stop the whole team dying too. And of course if he changed the future he might never have Jennifer as his partner but he was prepared to give it all up to save her - I thought that was really emotional whumping! As for how it ended and how it might begin in Season 5 - well they do usually follow directly on rather than jumping a few weeks so I am keeping everything crossed! I am spoiler free for season 5 so I really don't want to know anything specific but as ever I remain a hopeful and happy whumper!

Gosh that was a ramble

Have some pics to make up for boring you all!

Mx
          sig by SheppyD
          Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
          So he just looks crazy

Comment

I'm still hopelessly lost on planet whump...
            While at work, on the bus, in the shower... lately I only think of h/c moments for Rodney!

Good that no-one can look into my head, most people ("non-whumpers") would probably be pretty shocked! *g*

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Oh Arlessiar those caps are just wonderful!

I know what you mean about being lost in your whump heaven I have been in a whump frenzy for weeks now!

Now the season has finished I can fantasize about the whump to come and read lots of fic to keep me going until July!!!!

*whump thud*

*squeeeeeeee*

Mx
              sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Great pics, thanks! Now when I think about it, I haven´t seen Duet a veeery long time! *runs to watch*

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

AHH!!! Just watched it!!(ok so it was an hour ago.)

I can't believe how good it was and so sad!

I mean
                  Spoiler:
                  Rodney losing all his friends to war and dieses. How lonley it must have been for him for the 25 years he spent working on trying to alternate the timeline. I cried when Rodney was looking sad and lost in the SGC corridor and saw that Jen didn't want him to spend the rest of his life to try and save her and the team from dying. He even said that, he would give up his love to Jen just to save her.

Ahh!! I just hate it when there is TBCs!!! I just wanted to a funny little paragraph I read in the transcript on Gateworld

Spoiler:
                  The walls fall inwards and tumble to the ground ... and every viewer and all of your humble transcriber's faithful readers scream out loud as the most hated words in the world appear on the screen ...
                  TO BE CONTINUED. lol!
                  -------------------

sigpic
                  Made by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks! View Post
                    Goodness me how fab that this thread has so many posts!!!!

Yay to the lovely Rodney whumpers!

Re TLM
                    Spoiler:
                    I thought it was a fabby ep! Did you think the older hologram Rodney was more gentle and less flustered than the Rodney we know and love? At one point he got a bit snarky again and Shep said something like "that's the McKay/Rodney I remember" (sorry I have only seen it once so please forgive if I miss quote! ) I have to say that because it was set in the future and I knew this was not really Rodney, the descriptions of the deaths of the team lacked some impact for me - I knew they had died 48,000 years ago so it didn't make me cry - I actually felt worse for Sheppie hearing it all for the first time! Yep I know I am inconsistent cos I think of Carson Clone as the real thing but there you go! I make no apologies for how things make me feel! What did really really break my heart was how Rodney spent his whole life trying to work out how to get Shep back - I thought that utterly selfless and really heroic of Rodney. I know it was not just Shep - he would stop the whole team dying too. And of course if he changed the future he might never have Jennifer as his partner but he was prepared to give it all up to save her - I thought that was really emotional whumping! As for how it ended and how it might begin in Season 5 - well they do usually follow directly on rather than jumping a few weeks so I am keeping everything crossed! I am spoiler free for season 5 so I really don't want to know anything specific but as ever I remain a hopeful and happy whumper!

Gosh that was a ramble

Mx
                    And i tell you something, it's only got so busy in here since you got came back!

TLM...
                    Spoiler:
                    ...Agreed!

HoloRodney was definately more gentle and laid back. I think it's part of the ageing process, he's not in so much of a hurry now, hurrying is for the young. (love how he called Shep "young man"
                    We did glimpse the old rodney when things went wrong though! hee

And i agree about the deaths. I wasn't so bothered cos i knew they were changing it. It was more the impact it had had on Rodney that was upsetting than the deaths themselves for me too. *hugs old McKay*

I felt for Shep having to hear about it too - but then i think he pushed it to the back of his mind too, knowing he was going to do something about it.

The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Anyone else completely jealous of the Shep whumpers? JM posted an awesome production sketch yesterday on his blog. And for those of you staying unspoiled, let's just say...
                      Spoiler:
                      Sheppard looks pretty beaten up underneath all that rubble.

Grr. You know Mckay's just gonna come out of it with a few scrapes or something stupid.
                      sigpic
                      It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                        Anyone else completely jealous of the Shep whumpers? JM posted an awesome production sketch yesterday on his blog. And for those of you staying unspoiled, let's just say...
                        Spoiler:
                        Sheppard looks pretty beaten up underneath all that rubble.

Grr. You know Mckay's just gonna come out of it with a few scrapes or something stupid.
                        Jealous? Insanely jealous!!! Shep whump is good, but for me Rodney whump is even better! And I want.serious.Rodney.whump! Not just a scratch or a silly arrow youknowwhere, but serious h/c stuff!

Well, as I posted here, JM answered my question regarding that in a surprisingly positive way, serious whump not just for Sheppard but also for Rodney - "it's possible". So let's see. I'm hopeful but still sceptical, especially since the Shep whump ep gets mentioned quite a lot in his blog lately (maybe because of the big group of Shep whumpers that visit his blog every day), but you never hear a thing about something similar for Rodney. You only hear things about sad events
                        Spoiler:
                        in Rodney's TLM storyline that could come true,
                        but I doubt that this involves any whump.

Bye, A.
                        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                          Jealous? Insanely jealous!!! Shep whump is good, but for me Rodney whump is even better! And I want.serious.Rodney.whump! Not just a scratch or a silly arrow youknowwhere, but serious h/c stuff!

Well, as I posted here, JM answered my question regarding that in a surprisingly positive way, serious whump not just for Sheppard but also for Rodney - "it's possible". So let's see. I'm hopeful but still sceptical, especially since the Shep whump ep gets mentioned quite a lot in his blog lately (maybe because of the big group of Shep whumpers that visit his blog every day), but you never hear a thing about something similar for Rodney. You only hear things about sad events
                          Spoiler:
                          in Rodney's TLM storyline that could come true,
                          but I doubt that this involves any whump.

Bye, A.
                          I want Rodney whump too!!!!!!

I was thinking that TOR was probably the last really good whumpy ep we had - I know we have had little bits in other eps but we need an extreme McKay whump ep and we need it in Season 5 please!!!!

*pretty please*

*begs*

*grovels*

Mx
                          sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Here here!!

More serious Rodney whump in season 5!!!

Oh and slightly (but not completely) off topic. I like your sig McKayRocks - indeed he was amazing...especially with the superhuman addiction recovery!

Wanna see some cool short movies? Visit the Reluctant Genius Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Little_McKay View Post
                              Here here!!

More serious Rodney whump in season 5!!!

Oh and slightly (but not completely) off topic. I like your sig McKayRocks - indeed he was amazing...especially with the superhuman addiction recovery!
                              Why thank you!

He was truly amazing and I did love The Hive but for the stoopid ending re how quickly he recovered!

We was robbed!!!!!!!!

*cries pityfully*

Mx
                              sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

So I X-pposted on an other threads, So don't worry!

I'm looking for a pic of Rodney in Miller's crossing, At the beginning with he points at himself, during the meeting for the coding of the replicators. A high def one, cause I want to out it on a t-shirt! I would be forever grateful if you would post it tonight!
                                -------------------

sigpic
                                Made by Camy

Comment

Working...
                                X