This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
    Do you guys ever think of oh say....character developement....or story lines, when you guys come up with these ideas? What if Aiden turns out to be an awesome character, but needs season 2 to like do it...off screen?

P.S. I hate petitions.
    How can he be an awsome character offscreen?

Erika

Comment

Good point about the doctor problem on SG-1. They killed Janet, many fans thought "why?". Did they have to kill someone to make things more poignant? Now, as you noticed, Sabrina, no doctor, and the one they used initially was like a block of ice in a jacket. I know alot of doctors have poor bedside manners, but BBRRRRR!

That's why I'm afraid for Ford. They're acting like they're doing something new and improved, but he's actually turning into fodder for a plot device, using his new "change" as a springboard for some potential pseudo-alien, kick ass type. I don't want to hate this Ronan-whatever, but what TPTB are doing with their changes is making me want to.

Comment

I'm worried for Ford, also. A function he provides (which tptb may not realize) is his ability to provide comic relief in an otherwise fairly serious show. Shepherd does provide a bit of cynical humor (a la O'neill) however, I enjoy the respite Ford brings to a scene to help the others re-focus on their goal (tension release is a "good" thing now and again). The Weir and Teyla characters definitely lack the ability to see a funny side to "anything" and McKay talks too much and too fast to be humorous (imo).

Let's hope they keep Ford as a permanent fixture.

Comment

Originally posted by aitana10
          Good point about the doctor problem on SG-1. They killed Janet, many fans thought "why?". Did they have to kill someone to make things more poignant? Now, as you noticed, Sabrina, no doctor, and the one they used initially was like a block of ice in a jacket. I know alot of doctors have poor bedside manners, but BBRRRRR!

That's why I'm afraid for Ford. They're acting like they're doing something new and improved, but he's actually turning into fodder for a plot device, using his new "change" as a springboard for some potential pseudo-alien, kick ass type. I don't want to hate this Ronan-whatever, but what TPTB are doing with their changes is making me want to.
          they killed janet for two reasons
          after the mass ascension of the abydonians and daniels return, a lot of the drama was lost because it was like "oh someone is in danger, big deal they'll just ascend and not die" so TPTB needed to kill someone off to show that they arent afraid to kill characters off and reclaim death. now at the point that they decided on janet being the one, and filmed "Hero's" they still had not been picked up for season 8 and all thought 7 was the end. by the time the decision was finalized, "Heros" was in the can and couldnt be undone. they cant bring janet back because it would defeat the entire purpose of her death in the first place. many of TPTB and actors have expresses remorse for her demise.

Comment

I agree! Aiden needs to return!

I was watching SG:A earlier and some of Aiden's moments were great. Hopefully he'll be back for a possible season 3 full time.
            Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              they killed janet for two reasons
              after the mass ascension of the abydonians and daniels return, a lot of the drama was lost because it was like "oh someone is in danger, big deal they'll just ascend and not die" so TPTB needed to kill someone off to show that they arent afraid to kill characters off and reclaim death. now at the point that they decided on janet being the one, and filmed "Hero's" they still had not been picked up for season 8 and all thought 7 was the end. by the time the decision was finalized, "Heros" was in the can and couldnt be undone. they cant bring janet back because it would defeat the entire purpose of her death in the first place. many of TPTB and actors have expresses remorse for her demise.
              *slaps himself on the forehead*

I always wondered what possessed them to kill off Dr. Frasier, but I completely forgot that it was supposed to be their final season. Janet would've only really stayed dead for 3 episodes.
              It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

They brought Scara back via the sarcafagus, why not Janet? I'm aware of tptb's reasons for killing a pivotal character at the end of season 7 - just can't agree with their choice -- Janet. Especially since another doctor has yet to be a recurring one - after all, a doctor/medic on the team is crucial. If anyone has noticed, none of the remaining 3 team members has gotten hurt nor have there been any hospital/medical clinic scenes (at least of any importance to the plot) for season 8.

I'm off topic here and I apologize. The purpose of mentioning Janet's fate is the hole left by her absence - which, imo, would happen if Ford should no longer be part of the Atlantis team.

Comment

So far we have 325 signatures! Not too shabby.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    So far we have 325 signatures! Not too shabby.
                    Make that 405 signatures!!! Keep up the great work and save F.O.R.D.!

Comment

Yeah i agree with all, to save FORD. BUT i think they need to lose Dr Wier!

Comment

Originally posted by YEEAAH
                        Yeah i agree with all, to save FORD. BUT i think they need to lose Dr Wier!
                        This thread is about supporting Ford/RSF...not hating Dr. Weir. There are plenty of anti-Weir threads around that you can post on, so please don't bring that into this thread.

Comment

I want to save Aiden Ford because i think he's a really cool character and most under used as one in the Atlantis show, I also think Rainbow is a real funny guy and he's in a band...us bands have to stick together! . So to show my support i have added the banner to my signature

Ooooh *signs petition also* woo 407! its going strong
                          Last edited by PoeticTragedy; 09 February 2005, 02:06 AM.
                          And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Hiya

Ive just joined the board so a big hiya to everyone.

ive signed the petition
                            giles singing...

Willow , anya, tara: "ohhh"
                            xander: "can we go back to the haunted house because this is creeping me out"
                            tara: "does he do this alot"
                            xander: "sure everyday the earth rotates backward and the sky's turn orange"

willow: "now i remeber why i used to to have such a crush on him"
                            any: "his voice is pleasent"
                            willow : "cum on it is kind of sexy"
                            xander: "i'm fighting total mental breakdown here.. no more fuel in the fire please"

Comment

Hi OMA1980,

Thanks for signing. Ya may wanna check out the other board forums to support Ford.

Comment

So far I have not been able to find out if Rainbow Sun Francks actually wants to return to co-star role on SG/A. Perhaps he has an opportunity elsewhere that allows him to really star as an actor. I would rather see that then yet another Ensign Kim, ... Merryweather, ... Hoshi as in recent Sci-Fi shows.
                                The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Working...
                                X