Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for petitions, as long as they actually achieve something. However, considering the writers and producers probably already have a good idea on what they're going to do with Aiden Ford for the next 2 years, and filming starts not too long from now, I doubt this petition will have any real sway.

I find it funny that so many of us demanded better development for RSF's character, and we're getting it at the cost of the regular cast member. Essentially, this is a petition to have our cake and eat it too.
    It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Ford really is a great character. It's too bad that he will not be joining the Atlantis gang for next season.

However, if an actor decides that he or she wants a leave of absence (or leave all together) they may not be much that can be done. Often, once the agreement is made between actor and producer, it's set in stone. But there's no reason not to hope. If the petition gets enough signatures, maybe something can be done.

Comment

I'm not sure that what the producers have planned is really character development. It seems to me to be more of a convenient method of getting him out of the way than anything else. But we shall see.

Comment

I signed, who knows if it would actually do anything, but it never hurts to try.
          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I don't want to read big spoilers, only the Gateworld headlines...so can anyone tell me if Rainbow wanted out or did TPTB can him?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
              I don't want to read big spoilers, only the Gateworld headlines...so can anyone tell me if Rainbow wanted out or did TPTB can him?
              At this point we don't know.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Why don't you guys just ask Joe. I mean we have a thread for asking him questions. So far this week, he's stopped by every night.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

It probably doesn't do much good to speculate....that said,

I keep thinking of what RSF went through to audition and get the part (I think they talked about it during the Atlantis lowdown thing). It seems funny that he would go through that just to ask to be written out after twenty-odd episodes. I think it's the writers deciding to chuck him. But someone upthread said we should just go straight to the source and ask Joe M., see if he responds.

ETA: I just read on another thread that Joe M. says Ford's fate is still up in the air. Who knows, although I think he's gone, if the fans seem to care, they might not kill him off like I think they will.
                  Last edited by aitana10; 17 January 2005, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Well, I signed it. I don't know how far it'll go, but at least I will be able to say that I did as much as a fan can do, when it comes to letting them know that we like the characer. We'll see...

Comment

I saw this coming. I like his character, hopefully they won't kill him. I sign!
                      especially since he is a deadpool fan!

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                      DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Addon to my earlier post...
                        Its the writers fault he wasnt developed, they didnt develop him!
                        Ive said it before in all my other posts on how we should save him, he is the most interesting because he is the most normal. Not a genus, not genetically advanced, not an alien. He's Just joe military, reacting thusly so.
                        The Brotherhood showed off that his character can be usefull.
                        To the writers: Just write about him, and he'll be great.

Also, i think he is the funniest on the show. If you just watch his reactions to Sheppard and McKay, and his little sly remarks, youll see it.
                        Look at his convo with McKay in home for examples.

-GH

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                        DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

I don't know... I kinda prefer to put Ford down to recurring character. Maybe then they'll do something interesting with him; as a lead they've found nothing to do with him the whole season. He's nice enough, but lacks character; that might actually change if they only bring him in when they've actually got something to do with him.
                          That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

Comment

From the outset he's been suffering Ensign Kim syndrome!
                            sigpic

Comment

There's a huge difference between starting a campaign to support a character and the actions of some fans.

Fan support has been instrumental in MANY occaisions for getting a character reinstated. Michael Shanks has said that it was the support of fans when he announced he was leaving that helped TPTB understand that the character might actually be wanted.

So there's no reason why the fans of Rainbow and Lt Ford shouldn't get a petition going. However, I would suggest that writing letters would be far more constructive as they're listened to more than anything produced online, as they take more effort. To have your letter taken into account make sure that it is civil, not abusive, and states your point clearly in good English.
                              sigpic

Comment

Signed.

Comment

Working...
                                X