This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
    I felt the characterizations where at times very much not what I expected.
    Is that meant as a compliment or a complaint?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Heh, that could have been clearer I suppose but I was trying to not give to me many details or spoilers. It was a complaint. I just didn't really like how some of the characters were written. Didn't remind me of the show versions at all. Not really thrilled with the wraith portrayal either.

Comment

I didn't think it was a compliment, but you never know.

Comment

Lol

You read them?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
            You read them?
            Nope -- I didn't like the premise, nor how the authors (or at least some of them) saw the characters, or interpreted the characters. I did read one fic by one of the authors and ran as far away in the opposite direction as my virtual legs could carry me.

Comment

Lol

Comment

I read the Legacy series and to me the space battles are one of the best parts of the series. The characterisation........not so much! Some of the main characters are well written but some of them seem to have no relation to the show characters other than sharing a name. I love Teyla on the show, for example, yet by the end of the Legacy series I would have been quite happy for her simply to vanish. And the Wraith.....definately a unique interpretation of the Wraith and one that I believe wasn't everyones cup of tea (me included)

Comment

Totally agree on the Wraith

Comment

Wow, well this has turned into the "bash Legacy" thread.

I for one loved most of the books.
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      Trust me, if I was bashing the books, you'd be less than happy and reporting my butt to the mods cause that's what I would do.

I have stated my dislike in the most gentle way possible cause I can assure you what I really think of these books is not fit for publishing on this forum.

And lest not forget how I once was interested until I read an actual fic from one of the authors and had asked a question about the Athosians which made me go ... EXCUSE me!

Comment

What was the question?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post

I for one loved most of the books.
                          No bashing from me, overall I enjoyed the books but they were far from perfect. They were good, but not great and I don't mind saying so.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Trust me, if I was bashing the books, you'd be less than happy and reporting my butt to the mods cause that's what I would do.

I have stated my dislike in the most gentle way possible cause I can assure you what I really think of these books is not fit for publishing on this forum.

And lest not forget how I once was interested until I read an actual fic from one of the authors and had asked a question about the Athosians which made me go ... EXCUSE me!
                            Now I'm dying to know what the question was......

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                              Now I'm dying to know what the question was......
                              I'll have to go to look that up.
                              I shall try to find it again.

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/STARGATE-ATL...n+%28SGX-04%29

New novella is due out 28th.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X