Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx! Sometimes I'm too "shy" to ask them anything *cough* (worst English ever written *cough*)

Now we have to wait, hm?

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
      Thx! Sometimes I'm too "shy" to ask them anything *cough* (worst English ever written *cough*)

Now we have to wait, hm?

She is pretty good at getting back.
      sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

Now we have to wait, hm?
        No worries. Your English is good.

Comment

Answers received:
          A reader asks, "1- Why does Ember feel clevermen can't aspire to a Queen's attention?
          2- Why were only blades said to be bound to Queen Death? Do clevermen not take such oaths for some reason?"

1 -- Because that was the way it was done on Ember's old hive. That's what he's used to. It's not universally true, and it was not true in Snow's hive, as we'll see in Melissa Scott's upcoming Ouroboros when we visit an AU where Snow isn't dead. Guide was consort, but the other lords of the zenana were Seeker and Spark, both of whom were clevermen. But that was very much Snow's interest. Like Alabaster, she was interested in the sciences and enjoyed the company of clevermen, who she held in high esteem.

2 -- That's the way Queen Death has chosen to do it. Hives have different cultures, somewhat connected with lineage, but also with the personalities of their queens. Night's lineage tends to be very martial, and the emphasis is on blades. In The Inheritors we'll see that Osprey's has tended to produce unusual clevermen, and sometimes that hasn't been a good thing!
          http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/204028.html

Comment

I thought Ouroboros was a SG-1 novel? Are we getting a crossover?

Comment

@ WT: Thx! Now I'm even more curious about The Inheritors...

@ lightsyder: Seems so, doesn't it?

I brought myself to ask a few question on my own:

Wraithy thanks and a few other questions, if You don't mind:

Do the queens give all their children (except the drones) birth like a human? Isn't that a bit too much uncomfortable? Being pregnant all the time? And, besides, doesn't that mean, nearly all males on a hive are brothers? Or do they exchange their children from hive to hive to mix up the genetic pool? And what is meant with brothers in spirit?
              Also here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/204028.html

Comment

@ WT: Thx! Now I'm even more curious about The Inheritors...

@ lightsyder: Seems so, doesn't it?

I brought myself to ask a few question on my own:

Also here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/204028.html

You guys got me asking even more questions of her....

" Oh and on the same thread as wraith society... Maybe a Wraith ethnology would be cool. I have so many questions its ridiculous.

Where are the children brought up?

With the amount of Cleavermen and blades, there seems to be too few females, and if it takes so long for gestation and maturation, then why aren't there more kids running around? Also on that thread, if these guys have a bunch of clones, wouldn't that dilute the genetic diversity... And if I remember right a clone is genetically as old as the original organism the genetic information is from, therefore shorter lifespan.

Do the females mature faster than the males? I ask this because of Elia.

Is there presidency for more than one female on the same hive?"
                sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

Dumb question but is the last book of legacy the end of the Atlantis books forever

Comment

Great questions and answers thread. This is fun!

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                    I thought Ouroboros was a SG-1 novel? Are we getting a crossover?
                    Here are more summaries for it, from the authors' blogs. (Why, yes, I am excited about it.)
                    Spoiler:

Melissa Scott, my Legacy co author, is working on an SG-1 novel called Ouroboros, in which SG-1 winds up in an alternate Pegasus Galaxy in which Snow is not dead, and she and Guide will have a fairly big part in that book! In that alternate universe, Snow was never killed, Guide's original hive was never destroyed, and he was never captured by the Genii. We'll see Guide as Consort in his own original hive, in the context of the blades and clevermen he grew up with, with the people he has lost long since in our universe, the last survivor of his original group. I'm really, really, really looking forward to reading what she does with it!
                    http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/154771.html
                    I have a solo SG-1 novel in progress as well, Ouroboros, involving an accidental expedition to an alternate Atlantis, and am at the point where I can finally allow Daniel Jackson to meet the Wraith....http://mescott.livejournal.com/12414.html
                    Ouroboros is an SG-1 novel, set during the brief period when O'Neill was off the team and Mitchell wasn't yet on - but I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that O'Neill still manages to play a prominent role. Most of the Atlantis team is present, although they're not quite the people they are in our universe....
                    http://mescott.livejournal.com/12414.html
                    SG-1 Ouroboros by Melissa Scott The original SG-1 team finds an ancient device that transports them to Atlantis -- or wait? Is it our Atlantis, or have they crossed into an alternate universe?http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/167288.html
                    I understand it goes right after the SG-1 episode Threads and right after the SGA episode Letters From Pegasus. If you remember the latter episode, the last scene is Sam getting the databurst from Atlantis. That's what kicks off the experiment in Ouroboros, a theoretical way of reaching Atlantis faster than Daedalus can get there. At least that's what I understand! The book isn't finished yet as it's way down the queue. http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/167288.html
                    In Ouroboros we'll meet Guide's first cousin, the son of his mother's sister, with whom he left his original hive and joined Snow's.

And in answer to the other question, yes, Ouroboros is an SG-1 novel, just as Legacy are Atlantis novels, but just as Jack and Daniel and Landry have showed up in Legacy, so several Atlantis characters are showing up in Ouroboros, including Guide.
                    http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/204028.html#comments

Originally posted by Princes View Post
                    Dumb question but is the last book of legacy the end of the Atlantis books forever
                    I hope not! I hope whoever is in charge at MGM in April will renew the book contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                      Here are more summaries for it, from the authors' blogs. (Why, yes, I am excited about it.)
                      Thanks for posting. I'm excited about it too.
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess we started a good discussion there on LJ, don't we?

Comment

Hopefully, MGM will see the excitement in discussions and fanart and will see the value in making space for more books like these.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get the series from in the UK? I can only seem to find book 2 of the legacy series at the minute. Any pointers on where to look?

Comment

I gave up on getting hard copies, and went for kindle editions
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hey, guys, um, well--I was encouraged to go ahead and publish my AU Atlantis novel-length fan fic. So, I just thought since we are sharing fan art and such. . . it might be ok if I posted a link to it, just once? I'm posting it serially to fanfiction.net, a few chapters a week, but I have also provided a free download to the entire manuscript on my personal blog. It's been beta'd by 4 people and improved/re-written with each new set of comments.

Here's a link:
                                http://jenniferfoehnerwells.weebly.c...memoratia.html

So far, it seems to be well-received. Here's my first review:

"I have just finished the entire Futura Memoratia that I got from your blog,
                                and may I say it is probably one of the best fan-fictions I have ever read. I
                                thought the way you conveyed the characters - particularly McKay - was
                                fantastic and spot on. I look forward to any other pieces you may write."

Title: Futura Memoratia
                                Description: Dr. Emily Freedman, a talented linguist and archeologist within the Stargate program, was touched by a mysterious artifact and travels to Atlantis, seeking answers. See Season 3 through a new set of eyes in this AU, romantic, novel-length fic.

Yeah, this is an OC story. (I wrote this (a long time ago!) before the archeologist showed up in the legacy series--seems we were thinking along the same lines--that Atlantis needed a linguist/archeologist) The primary Atlantis characters are McKay, Beckett, and there is an appearance of Daniel Jackson. There are team moments with McKay. It's written from two POV's--Freedman and McKay. No Wraith turn up during the story, sorry.

Ok, nervously dragging my toes through the dust. . . . I won't mention it again, unless you do. Thanks.
                                Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Working...
                                X